ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Adventure Cycleworks (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593817)

roadkill4us 06-26-2010 10:58 AM

Adventure Cycleworks

Hey all just wanted to say that I stopped by Dan & Shawn's place for a tire and oil change in Fairbanks!!! :clap What a couple of great guys!!!! Thanks for the AWSOME Service!! I would tell all to stop by if you need help with anything or just info!! Thanks again guys -- best of luck with future endevers. Hope our paths cross again one day -- Later Tony

AKtracks 06-26-2010 11:07 PM

Thanks for stopping by, Tony. Have a good ride!

Old_Sheila 06-27-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadkill4us
Hey all just wanted to say that I stopped by Dan & Shawn's place for a tire and oil change in Fairbanks!!! :clap What a couple of great guys!!!! Thanks for the AWSOME Service!! I would tell all to stop by if you need help with anything or just info!! Thanks again guys -- best of luck with future endevers. Hope our paths cross again one day -- Later Tony

+1 on ADVCycleworks. I have recommended them to pretty well everyone I've met along the road. Dan did a great job and also provided me with some interesting info on the Dalton Hwy, which he has travelled on numerous occasions since the 1980s.

Hey Tracks, tell Dan the TKCs he put on for me lasted up the Dalton and back, halfway up the Dempster and back, then slab all the way to Edmonton. Rear tire is close to ratshit but front still has some life in it.

Thanks guys! :clap

AKtracks 06-27-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Sheila
+1 on ADVCycleworks. I have recommended them to pretty well everyone I've met along the road. Dan did a great job and also provided me with some interesting info on the Dalton Hwy, which he has travelled on numerous occasions since the 1980s.

Hey Tracks, tell Dan the TKCs he put on for me lasted up the Dalton and back, halfway up the Dempster and back, then slab all the way to Edmonton. Rear tire is close to ratshit but front still has some life in it.

Thanks guys! :clap

Sounds like you've had a nice ride since you've left us, glad to hear it. It was great having an "Old Sheila" at the shop (Dan got a kick out of that). Take care, have a good ride.

SZGS 06-27-2010 10:03 PM

Tires

Is it necessary to pre-order tires? Or do they/you have some in stock? - for a 1200 GS? - an '06

Leaving tuesday on new Anakees from LA. Heading to Fairbanks etc. Not sure if i'll need a change.

AKtracks 06-27-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SZGS
Is it necessary to pre-order tires? Or do they/you have some in stock? - for a 1200 GS? - an '06

Leaving tuesday on new Anakees from LA. Heading to Fairbanks etc. Not sure if i'll need a change.

We do have tires in stock, but if you want a guarantee of a specific brand/tread pattern we suggest you pre-order. Since we're a small, independent shop we cannot guarantee the availability of a specific tire on your given/unknown arrival date without prepayment (which upon receipt we tag your tires and set them aside). We do our best to have a full selection in stock, but cannot control the volume of unannounced customers to our shop.

Worst case scenario we can source tires from a local dealer, which will cost you more for the tires, but we can save you a bit on the mounting and balancing.

Send me an email or PM if you'd like to pre-order tires.

Powerslave 07-02-2010 10:12 AM

+1

Ditto. Highly recommend.

Dans a groovy cat. My buddy bought a tire for his Aprilia before we headed to deadhorse. Wish I would have bought one on the return before heading south. Traveling at 55 mph and pretending that steel cords are just wear indicators isn't much fun - neither is the price of stuff in Canada......

Glad u guys are there - see you in a couple years....:D

Bula 08-08-2012 10:16 AM

Just a thank you to Dan and Shawn at adventure cycle works. Very very good at what they do,you Do Not get the high and mighty additude that you get with a lot of good mechanics. Did a run from Co. to key west then to the Dalton. Dan was great, even though he hated my heavy duty slimed tubes. Thanks again Ian, the guy on the adventure with the loose rear sprocket

rogerar 11-01-2013 07:47 PM

Adventure Cycleworks

Adding to the resounding positive comments, I visited Dan to power wash all that cement-like crude off my bike after the Dalton. He is a truly awesome guy. If I had known before hand, I would have gone to him for my tire change before the Dalton as, went to the Harley / BMW dealership called Outpost Alaska in Fairbanks and received below average service at best. I wish I had gone to Dan - amazing service and much cheaper too.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:07 PM.