ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers. (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   TugHill / Adirondacks ride (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=594657)

koyote 06-28-2010 08:08 PM

TugHill / Adirondacks ride
 
Anybody planning on riding this weekend? I'm thinking about either the hill or venturing to the Adirondacks. Maybe Stillwater, Old Forge, Speculator or beyond for a day trip. :ricky

V8 06-29-2010 12:55 AM

Great riding in the Adirondacks.

hockey 06-29-2010 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koyote
Anybody planning on riding this weekend? I'm thinking about either the hill or venturing to the Adirondacks. Maybe Stillwater, Old Forge, Speculator or beyond for a day trip. :ricky

Iíll probably be out this weekend. That ride up though <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Stillwater</st1:place></st1:City> is a great ride. There is a road off the Seasonal part of <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Stillwater</st1:place></st1:City> Iíve been wanting to explore.

koyote 06-29-2010 05:47 PM

Looks like Saturday is best for me. Let me know if you would like to meet up somewhere. I'm leaning towards Old Forge then over to Eagle Bay onto Big Moose-Stillwater area.

hockey 06-29-2010 06:17 PM

Saturday could be tight. I have a party in the evening. What times are you thinking of?

Chuckracer 06-29-2010 06:18 PM

I'll join you on one of these rides sometime this year. Gotta miss this one, though. Me and the bike are both undergoing/recovering from surgery. Stop by my place on Number Four Road on the way through for a break/drink/adjust/whatever.

koyote 06-29-2010 08:47 PM

Hockey, actually now Sunday looks to be the better day. I found out that I also have a get together Saturday evening. I'm up for anything and an early start time is fine with me.

Chuck, sorry to hear your down. Should be riding right by your place, whereabouts on Number 4 are you located? Would love to take a peek at your 950.

Chuckracer 06-29-2010 08:51 PM

PM sent...well, sending.

hockey 06-30-2010 04:03 AM

:clap I have all day Sun & Mon to ride. I actually was thinking of an overnight up to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Lake Placid</st1:place> Sunday but I would be satisfied with a day ride. Iím usually an early riser so any time you want is fine.

onetworide 07-01-2010 10:55 AM

Anyone leaving from Syracuse/west to join in?
 
I'm near Auburn and wondered if anyone is heading along on this one from the Finger Lakes area?

koyote 07-01-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onetworide
I'm near Auburn and wondered if anyone is heading along on this one from the Finger Lakes area?

I'll be coming down from the north. Rt 12 to either Moose River Rd or Woodgate Rd then 28 towards Old Forge.


Hockey I'm hoping to leave my place at 8:00 AM should be to either Woodgate or Old Forge at around 9-9:15 depending on route I take. Whereabouts would you like to meet up? I don't have a destination in mind so if you have anything in mind thats fine with me, or we can wing it.

Anybody else? This is a nice scenic area! :clap

alfredman22 07-01-2010 06:03 PM

I would kill to ride this...but I couldn't do it till wed or later. If its too good and somebody wants to do it again let me know!:evil I will also probably be hitting up Allegheny National Forest in PA if anybody is interested next week too.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/alle...on/atv_trails/

hockey 07-01-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koyote
I'll be coming down from the north. Rt 12 to either Moose River Rd or Woodgate Rd then 28 towards Old Forge.


Hockey I'm hoping to leave my place at 8:00 AM should be to either Woodgate or Old Forge at around 9-9:15 depending on route I take. Whereabouts would you like to meet up? I don't have a destination in mind so if you have anything in mind thats fine with me, or we can wing it.

Anybody else? This is a nice scenic area! :clap

Iíll either come up the gorge road (46) into Boonville or there is a nice back road up through Star Hill that dumps out on to 12 probably less than a mile south of Burger King. If you are coming through or close to Boonville, could meet at Slimsís for coffee and or breakfast. Or at the beginning or end of either <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Moose River Rd</st1:address></st1:Street> or Woodgate.
:ear
As for destination. No plans are great! If you want to stick to pavement thatís fine. If you want to explore some seasonals there is an area I started exploring last month just past OF around <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Rondax</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Lake</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>. I think you can take them to <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Big Moose Rd</st1:address></st1:Street> then there is another up to Raquette. We can always go up through MRP! LOL I think my warning is up. Itís been a year!



bpken11 07-01-2010 08:39 PM

Riding from Camden
 
That sounds like a great day. If you have room for one more I can meet you at Slims (ok, where is Slims). I'm riding out of Camden if anyone wants to meet up and ride up with me.

hockey 07-02-2010 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpken11
That sounds like a great day. If you have room for one more I can meet you at Slims (ok, where is Slims). I'm riding out of Camden if anyone wants to meet up and ride up with me.

If you want to ride down through <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Rome</st1:place></st1:City> Iíll meet up with you and we can ride up to Slimís. You know where Hess is on <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Black River Blvd</st1:address></st1:Street>? I be filling up there a little after 8am. :rofl


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014