ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ride reports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mr. Cob, Tours the USA on a "Ural Solo Bike" (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598685)

Kamala 07-26-2010 01:53 PM

Sorry to read that you biffed Mr Cob! I still am looking forward to meeting you. If you need long term storage for the bike (south of NH) let me know.

EvilClown 07-26-2010 02:02 PM

Sorry to hear of the severity of the get off Mr. Cob. Heal up.

Keeping these cold for you when you hit the NH rally.

http://evilclown.smugmug.com/Other/E...2_FU2Ah-XL.jpg

JCA1981 07-26-2010 02:14 PM

Sorry to hear about your shoulder when you had to lay the bike down Mr. Cob. Glad it's not worse than it was though. If you guys need help trailering, I'm around in southern NY until Fri. Just give me a hollar. I'll do anything within my means to help.
Heal well, you'll be back in the saddle in no time.

BOUNTY HUNTER 07-26-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCA1981
Sorry to hear about your shoulder when you had to lay the bike down Mr. Cob. Glad it's not worse than it was though. If you guys need help trailering, I'm around in southern NY until Fri. Just give me a hollar. I'll do anything within my means to help.
Heal well, you'll be back in the saddle in no time.

Hey,
Are you coming up to the rally?

JCA1981 07-26-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOUNTY HUNTER
Hey,
Are you coming up to the rally?

Haven't been able to find coverage for Fri & Sat yet. I put in for mutuals, but no takers so far. errrg. I'm thinking I may start bribing if I don't get an answer by tomorrow.

Anticyclone 07-26-2010 04:07 PM

Sorry to hear about your injuries Mr. Cob. I was hoping you'd be swinging through here on your way back west. Heal quickly, and if there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

ugly pumpkin 07-26-2010 04:10 PM

heal up

wow! heal up dave, deathvallys right around the corner!:freaky

aholecop 07-26-2010 04:56 PM

get well soon mr. C !!

feel better . hope your up and around soon! :jive

Mr. Cob 07-26-2010 05:22 PM

I am going to make it to the New Hampshire rally...........

Howdy All,

Quick up date, one of the New York, Uralistas is trailering his rig to the rally, he has graciously offered to haul not only the bike but my scruffy arse to the rally. So tomorrow we will load the bike onto Dan's trailer and haul it down to Todd's home where we will transfer it to Todd's trailer. YaHooooooo it looks like one way or the other me and the Solo will make it to the rally, THANKS to EVERYONE who has had a hand in this madcap dash around the country, maybe I should paint Harley-Davidson on the gas tank and just trailer it around the USA. :lol3

I can say that cuss I RIDE my Hogs and make fun and laugh at the garage queens much more then those who hate Harley's ever could. :deal

BOUNTY HUNTER 07-26-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Cob
Howdy All,

Quick up date, one of the New York, Uralistas is trailering his rig to the rally, he has graciously offered to haul not only the bike but my scruffy arse to the rally. So tomorrow we will load the bike onto Dan's trailer and haul it down to Todd's home where we will transfer it to Todd's trailer. YaHooooooo it looks like one way or the other me and the Solo will make it to the rally, THANKS to EVERYONE who has had a hand in this madcap dash around the country, maybe I should paint Harley-Davidson on the gas tank and just trailer it around the USA. :lol3

I can say that cuss I RIDE my Hogs and make fun and laugh at the garage queens much more then those who hate Harley's ever could. :deal

See you soon :D

SonnyAZ 07-26-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Howdy All,

After taking the spill yesterday Dan drove me to the VA hospital in Buffalo NY, they checked me out and determined that I had broken the left collar bone. They set me up with a shoulder immobiliser thingie for the night today we are going back and they will fit me with a figure eight shoulder brace to keep the bone in alignment.

Bottom line, I won't be able to ride for a while perhaps a couple of weeks or more. I am in contact with Chris in NH, if there is a way to get me and the bike to the rally in NH we are going to do it. If possible I'll stay with Chris until we figure out a plan to get me and the bike back to Washington. I might fly back home then fly back to NH and ride the bike back at a later date of if I am up to it continue the tour when I am back in the saddle again.

As I receive information I'll pass it along in this ride report, when I have the time this afternoon I'll up date the report with photos of where I have been and who I have stayed with. Thanks for all the well wishes, stay tuned. :D

Damn Dave...
Sounds like a real nasty digger you took there. :muutt Hope you get better, and are able to finish the ride. :ricky
We're looking forward to seein' ya here in Mesa.
:beer :thumb

P.S. Logan will probably have a few Jeager Bombers ready for ya', to help kill any pain you might have encountered. :freaky

Ladybug0048 07-26-2010 07:20 PM

I was sorry to hear about your accident. It's nice that you are still going to be able to make it to the rally. Heal soon so you can get back out there riding.

Dick 07-26-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilClown
Sorry to hear of the severity of the get off Mr. Cob. Heal up.

Keeping these cold for you when you hit the NH rally.

http://evilclown.smugmug.com/Other/E...2_FU2Ah-XL.jpg

:tb

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/76946150_FBSB3-M.jpg

Heal fast Dave

Oldtimer 07-27-2010 05:43 AM

Hey Dave, sorry to hear about your mishap. Good news is, if you heal up quick and get back on the road, maybe you can make the TURD rally in Hot Springs, AR Sept 30th. I've still got open reservations waiting for you in Longview, TX with Ribeye steaks and cold pitchers of beer waiting for us to enjoy. :freaky However, after seeing the photo of you drinking my beer Charlie had for me, I may rethink some things. :D

RockyNH 07-27-2010 05:59 AM

Quote:

Howdy All,

Hey Mr. Cob, sorry about the injury... I know the feeling.. I recently had a get-off in Quebec and ended up with rib damage, lacerated kidney and 2 partially collapsed lungs.. Healing is progressing and I will be at the rally, may be sitting around visiting more than riding myself as I am still pretty sore (changed my campsite toa nearby motel..)

Look forward to meeting you and as you see, you will have some company!

Pat in NH

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:11 AM.