ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beasts (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Triumph Tiger 800 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599070)

Mastodon 09-29-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heyload
Actually, the bike does NOT have a gyro. This was kept very hush-hush by the engineers, but I think this is a safe enough forum to let the truth be known...

What actually happens is, when the bike tips over, the Earth moves the hell out of the way, thus creating the illusion that the bike is equipped with some sort of gyro stabilization device.

Ahhh, so this explains that old Chinese proverb "He who rides a Tiger is afraid to dismount."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mista Vern
Hey TStorm, and welcome! Glad to see that you have stumbled upon the motherload of information that is this thread.

How could the vast pool of knowledge of such an awe-inspiring and humbling machine, not pull me to this thread??

Mista Vern 09-30-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

The Tiger is within us; The Tiger surrounds us.
Part of it may be sensed, and is called manifestation.
Part of it is unseen,
And is called void.

To be with The Tiger is harmony.
To separate from The Tiger is disaster.
To act with The Tiger, observe and follow.
To know The Tiger, be still and look within.

Prey passes The Tiger which
Sometimes merely looks,
Sometimes pounces without hesitation,
But never fails to act.

The Tiger will make the crooked straight,
Make the straight to flow.
It will gather water, fire and light.
It will bring the world to a single point.

The Tiger is the road up your spine.
The Tiger is the road of your life.
The Tiger is the road of the cosmos.

As long as the sun rises,
And your heart beats,
The Tiger is at hand.

Preach it, Brother!

burgerking 09-30-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDODB4
:stfu :stfu :stfu

:fyyff

Mista Vern 09-30-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgerking

Does that mean the same in Holland as it does here?

Mista Vern 09-30-2010 06:41 PM

Folks, I am writng to say that as of today, September 30, 2010 at 5:31 pm PDST, the Hardcore thread has officially jumped the shark. It's been coming for a couple of days now - the rancor, the infighting, the intercine rivalries, et cetera - and today marked the end.

Friends, I am not writing because of their demise. No, that came as no surprise and brought me no joy. Rather, I am writing to thank you, one and all, for keeping a positive attitude; one that flowed like a sparking stream of inspiration and faith through a forest of uncertainty. One that proved we can all hold our head high knowing we took the high road.

Thank you. Thank you, indeed.

And now, back to discussing the marvelous, the fabulous, the best motorcycle ever: the new Triumph Tiger 800 DS! :clap

Hughlysses 09-30-2010 07:15 PM

I guess you guys missed the photos posted today at www.motorcycledaily.com?

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/wp-co...10middle-i.jpg

KF7GTH 09-30-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Folks, I am writng to say that as of today, September 30, 2010 at 5:31 pm PDST, the Hardcore thread has officially jumped the shark. It's been coming for a couple of days now - the rancor, the infighting, the intercine rivalries, et cetera - and today marked the end.

Friends, I am not writing because of their demise. No, that came as no surprise and brought me no joy. Rather, I am writing to thank you, one and all, for keeping a positive attitude; one that flowed like a sparking stream of inspiration and faith through a forest of uncertainty. One that proved we can all hold our head high knowing we took the high road.

Thank you. Thank you, indeed.

And now, back to discussing the marvelous, the fabulous, the best motorcycle ever: the new Triumph Tiger 800 DS! :clap

Just got home and read thru the "other thread" posts for today. I just don't understand why.... All we really need is love:raabia ... for the greatest thing since sliced bread, the magnificent Tiger 800!

knary 09-30-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hughlysses
I guess you guys missed the photos posted today at www.motorcycledaily.com?

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/wp-co...10middle-i.jpg

Those are shots of a decoy. The real bike uses a cloaking device built on the exotic don'tshitonthisthreadwithfacts principle. :D

llamapacker 09-30-2010 07:30 PM

Nice!

straightrod 09-30-2010 07:42 PM

It looks light from that angle:evil

Heyload 09-30-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knary
Those are shots of a decoy. The real bike uses a cloaking device built on the exotic don'tshitonthisthreadwithfacts principal. :D

I really LOVE that pricipal!

Beach40 10-01-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

...officially jumped the shark...

Showing your age with that one...

Mista Vern 10-01-2010 09:08 AM

...officially jumped the shark...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWITCHER
Showing your age with that one...

:lol3 Yeah, I guess so. The good thing about being chronologically gifted is that I have seen the evolution of bikes from the most basic leaking, wire-loom-burning Brit bikes and leaking, break-your-leg-kick starting HDs to the most sublime motor bike ever created: the new Triumph Tiger 800 DS!

burgerking 10-01-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

no but I used google translate to make sure I selected the right one :photog

Any news on the power output of the Nuclear Fusion engine of the Tiger800:ear ....I've read something about 95-100 TW

Heyload 10-01-2010 12:49 PM

As per inside sources, riding the new Tiger 800 will not only make your teeth whiter and brighten your smile, but it will also actually improve your entire personality....

Mista Vern 10-01-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

As per inside sources, riding the new Tiger 800 will not only make your teeth whiter and brighten your smile, but it will also actually improve your entire personality....

That should be great news for some guys in the "Hardcore" thread! :lol3

RockyMtnRoadRash 10-01-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

no but I used google translate to make sure I selected the right one :photog

Any news on the power output of the Nuclear Fusion engine of the Tiger800:ear ....I've read something about 95-100 TW

I've only ever seen the TW200. The Tiger will need to fed one once a week or it will grow angry!

Beach40 10-01-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

That should be great news for some guys in the "Hardcore" thread! :lol3

Steady on - everything has its limits eventually...

Roundpig 10-02-2010 12:07 AM

I've been reading the HARDCORE thread, and I think you're all a bunch of sissies. :evil:freaky

burgerking 10-02-2010 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roundpig
I've been reading the HARDCORE thread, and I think you're all a bunch of sissies. :evil:freaky

true that is why I am getting the girlie 800 not the XC....and we all know there's only one real Hardcore Adventure bike and that's the KTM LC8

:hide

Heyload 10-02-2010 07:55 AM

Quote:

true that is why I am getting the girlie 800 not the XC....and we all know there's only one real Hardcore Adventure bike and that's the KTM LC8

BLASPHEMER! You have profaned the holy thread of The Tiger! How dare you bring truth and logic to this sacred place!

You shall be cast down, and will remain naughty in the sight of The Tiger until such day as your penance is complete.

Bad burgerking! Bad! :thwak

overlandr 10-02-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

I don't believe so - its taken to mean a national sign of friendship for others in the Nederlands. Literally, it means something like this "We're such good friends that I'll come and plug your leaking dyke with this finger anytime you need it!"

Now, can triumph get on with it?

Mista Vern 10-02-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roundpig

That's crazy talk.

Stromdog 10-02-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Oh yeah? Well your momma is so ugly when she looked out the window she got arrested for mooning. :deal

:rofl

Beach40 10-02-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Nail that mans feet to the deck!

You may bang your head on the floor until forgiven!

You might just need a favour one day from the Tiger 800...

blacktiger 10-03-2010 02:50 AM

Quote:

and we all know there's only one real Hardcore Adventure bike and that's the KTM LC8

:hide

That's quite true............at this moment in time.

Zapp22 10-03-2010 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacktiger
That's quite true............at this moment in time.

If one has the proper attitude, ok... The garage/wrench time and trailside repairs should not be seen as a shortcoming of the manufacturer, but as "Adventure"..... REAL men don't ride, they Wrench :oscar :wave

burgerking 10-03-2010 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWITCHER
Nail that mans feet to the deck!

You may bang your head on the floor until forgiven!

You might just need a favour one day from the Tiger 800...

My Tiger 800 will share the garage with a LC8 :evil

The STR doesn't mind, I think nor will the Tiger....

Heyload 10-03-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

My Tiger 800 will share the garage with a LC8 :evil

The STR doesn't mind, I think nor will the Tiger....

What?! Motorcycles of different types, living in harmony despite the differences between them? A universal brotherhood of bikes?

Your eyes have been opened brother! Behold! For it is foretold in The Book of The Tiger!

*ahem*.....Book of the Tiger, Chapter 46, Verses 18 thru 25:

"And so it shall come to pass; That all motorcycles both large and small shall be gathered unto The Tiger. And It's greatness shall fall upon them as blessings from the angels, and all of them shall be as one, united as one. For each shall not be overshadowed by The Tiger, but instead shall rise up and stand with The Tiger. And so shall The Tiger unite all. And unto the multitude shall be made known the peace of The Tiger. And no motorcycle shall be lesser or greater. And their voices shall be raised as one unto the Heavens, and goodness and brotherhood shall follow them on the roads and trails for all the days of their lives."

burgerking 10-03-2010 01:08 PM

Just got a letter from our Queen, she got the word that I ordered a Tiger 800. She wants me to take over government in Holland as the current just elected bunch of whiners will soon be the ejected bunch of whiners

I have refused for now, siad I was to busy and first want to see what the Tiger 800 thinks of this idea. Although my feeling is that the Tiger 800 wants to go travelling.

to be continued.:deal

NoPoChicken 10-03-2010 01:14 PM

Excellent reading Heyload. Thank you.

Zapp22 10-03-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Just ....from .....Queen.:deal

see, I told you guys this bike ran danger of being a Sissybike

Mista Vern 10-03-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoPoChicken
Excellent reading Heyload. Thank you.

+1

He should be a preacher!

NoPoChicken 10-03-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

+1

He should be a preacher!

I was hoping that there would be an afternoon sermon from you Mista Vern, to round out my Sunday worship.

Mista Vern 10-04-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoPoChicken
I was hoping that there would be an afternoon sermon from you Mista Vern, to round out my Sunday worship.

Compared to Heyload's eloquence, my verbiage is like comparing dried spit to a freshly polished diamond. :cry

thephantom 10-04-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Compared to Heyload's eloquence, my verbiage is like comparing dried spit to a freshly polished diamond. :cry

You two should get a room :rogue

ag_streak 10-04-2010 10:04 AM

You guys all know there's only one thing wrong with the new Tiger, right?

Every time you ride, you're gonna hear this fucking song in your helmet!

:puke2 :puke1

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/btPJPFnesV4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/btPJPFnesV4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

burgerking 10-04-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ag_streak

It would if your rockvocabulary is limited, I will hear this:
Holy Diver, Ronnie James Dio

Holy Diver
You've been down too long in the midnight sea
Oh what's becoming of me

Ride the tiger
You can see his stripes but you know he's clean
Oh don't you see what I mean

Gotta get away
Holy Diver

Shiny diamonds
Like the eyes of a cat in the black and blue
Something is coming for you

Race for the morning
You can hide in the sun 'till you see the light
Oh we will pray it's all right

Gotta get away-get away

Between the velvet lies
There's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies
Life's a never ending wheel

Holy Diver
You're the star of the masquerade
No need to look so afraid

Jump on the tiger
You can feel his heart but you know he's mean
Some light can never be seen

:super :super :super

:D

Mista Vern 10-04-2010 12:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP2oT7F6DSo

:D

overlandr 10-04-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ag_streak

Not in OZ- its geo blocked! For once its :thumb to utub

Heyload 10-04-2010 01:05 PM

Man follows the ways of the Earth
The Earth follows the ways of Heaven
Heaven follows the ways of The Tiger
The Tiger follows it's own ways.

SpaceManSpiff 10-04-2010 01:54 PM

Triumph Tiger 800--It's Heaven and Hell (RIP, RJD).

Beach40 10-05-2010 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thephantom

I think they already did...

Keithy 10-05-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Or Harleys and chaps? :D

ganze 10-05-2010 12:14 PM

I was listening to a broadcast today about jr tolkein. What was fascinating was that the lecturer stated that tolkein was an avid motorcyclist and that the idea for shadowfax (gandalf's buddy, the king of horses) came from an encounter he had while on a ride in the country. He claims to have met a sentient being in the form of a "motorcycle, of sorts, with a presence that pulsed with energy, speed and utmost grace." the motorcycle spoke to him of a time when men could "ride forever into the vast unknown on two wheeled beings with the power of the stars in their crankcases."

he said the motorcycle communicated the idea of a unicorn with wings, but since unicorns are so gay he decided to stick to a really bad ass horse...(so early 20th century, I know)

methinks he met our future captain of bikes?

Mastodon 10-05-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ganze
he said the motorcycle communicated the idea of a unicorn with wings, but since unicorns are so gay he decided to stick to a really bad ass horse...(so early 20th century, I know)

I don't know...I can't see anything as badass as the Tiger communicating itself as a gay unicorn.

Sounds to me like we have our first false prophet. What say the Book of Tiger of this?

Heyload 10-05-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithy
Or Harleys and chaps? :D

Wow....:rolleyes

It's impressive how three relative "noobs" have chosen this thread to demonstrate their keen wit......well, half of it, at any rate.

It's simply staggering to bear witness to such incredible creativity.

It's amazing how you wield your astounding intellects.

Your use of innuendo and sly reference is truly masterful.

Displaying that level of lameness takes some real bravado.

Well done, we're all in awe. :csm

Back to the Hardcore thread, bearers of false witness, or The Tiger shall smite thee with great fury!

thephantom 10-05-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

It's impressive how three relative "noobs" have chosen this thread to demonstrate their keen wit......well, half of it, at any rate.

Well, I guess you took that a bit hard :eek1

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...c-reaction.gif

bumblebee1 10-05-2010 02:52 PM

Can we get back on topic, please.

Another noob question here for those in the know.

Is there any room for improvement on the new Tiger?
Or is it the sum of perfection?

Maybe a new color that hasn't been invented yet.

Anything?????

:ear

Mista Vern 10-05-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumblebee1

Another noob question here for those in the know.

Is there any room for improvement on the new Tiger?
Or is it the sum of perfection?

Maybe a new color that hasn't been invented yet.

Anything?????

:ear

My understanding is that, like many artisans, the creators of the new Triumph Tiger 800 DS purposely included a small flaw (one that has no impact on its power, speed, beauty, or hardcore-ness) so they would not be seen by the gods as assuming their perfection.

Keithy 10-05-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

:rofl

Heyload 10-05-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Nah, just lashing out because I am hearing rumors that The Tiger might not be revealed tomorrow....I tend to go nuclear in a hurry about some things.

Well, that and I have been watching alot of "Top Gear" lately.....Jeremy Clarkson has a way with words...it's inspiring....

Heyload 10-05-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TStorm
I don't know...I can't see anything as badass as the Tiger communicating itself as a gay unicorn.

Sounds to me like we have our first false prophet. What say the Book of Tiger of this?

Book of The Tiger, Chapter two, Verses nine to twenty-one.

"And Saint Bloor raised the The Tiger up on high, saying, 'O bless this Tiger, that, with it, Thou mayest blow lesser bikes to tiny bits in Thy mercy.' And The Tiger did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and unicorns and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu--"

um...I'm going to skip a bit here...

"And then Saint Bloor spake, saying, 'First shalt thou create The Tiger. Then thou shall give it righteous kit. Then, shalt thou make the cylinders to number three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt have, and the number of the cylinders shall be three. Four shalt thou not have, nor either have thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, steer The Tiger towards each road and trail, that, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

Beach40 10-05-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Back to the Hardcore thread, bearers of false witness, or The Tiger shall smite thee with great fury!

Sounds like mission accomplished.

Next!

Mojo34 10-06-2010 02:07 AM

Quote:

Nah, just lashing out because I am hearing rumors that The Tiger might not be revealed tomorrow....I tend to go nuclear in a hurry about some things.

In any case, if you are watching the countdown on the Triumphadventure.com site, that 4th box is displaying some of the most creative counting I've ever seen!! Seems that the counter passed "0" and is now moving the release time farther and farther back!:freaky

thephantom 10-06-2010 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo34
In any case, if you are watching the countdown on the Triumphadventure.com site, that 4th box is displaying some of the most creative counting I've ever seen!! Seems that the counter passed "0" and is now moving the release time farther and farther back!:freaky

Now you are showing your ignorance about the Tiger 800's time travel capabilities :wink: Although it's no so much a case of making us travel through time, it's more a case of changing the nature of time itself :norton

However, we have been blessed as the clothing & accessories video is now available. The flux capacitor isn't mentioned, but I take this as a sign it's an integral part of the design and can therefore be "taken as read".

thephantom 10-06-2010 03:07 AM

Quote:

That's fair enough, I personally found the news that the bike to end all bikes would not be publicly aired at INTERMOT a bit like being told that it was a mix up and you aren't winning a nobel peace prize after all.

So I can see where you're coming from.

K1W1 10-06-2010 03:13 AM

Quote:

"And Saint Bloor raised the The Tiger up on high,

I believe that Saint Bloor has been in contact with the Prophet Jobs and that the two of them have decided that the iTiger 800 will only function correctly if it is connected overnight to iTunes. Owners will will required to regularly update their iTiger Off Road or iTiger Touring app for optimal performance. The iTiger Communting and iTiger Pretender apps will be region encoded and only available in Metro Sydney, Los Angeles and Burndi (the last for a limited period during the filming of "i'm doing this ride for the money so I can get another perfume commercial contract".

Heyload 10-06-2010 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K1W1
I believe that Saint Bloor has been in contact with the Prophet Jobs and that the two of them have decided that the iTiger 800 will only function correctly if it is connected overnight to iTunes. Owners will will required to regularly update their iTiger Off Road or iTiger Touring app for optimal performance. The iTiger Communting and iTiger Pretender apps will be region encoded and only available in Metro Sydney, Los Angeles and Burndi (the last for a limited period during the filming of "i'm doing this ride for the money so I can get another perfume commercial contract".

Bastards!

Oh well, at least he didn't contact Gates. Going with Jobs was a good play, as that means The Tiger won't crash all the time.

Mista Vern 10-06-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K1W1

Does this mean Triumph Tiger 800 DS owners will have to act superior to all other human beings, wear Birkenstocks and "Che" T-shirts, carry Kindles, and drink very effeminate coffee mixes?

Mastodon 10-06-2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Does this mean Triumph Tiger 800 DS owners will have to act superior to all other human beings, wear Birkenstocks and "Che" T-shirts, carry Kindles, and drink very effeminate coffee mixes?

When something like the Tiger allows you to own it, then you won't have to act superior, you'll be superior to all other human beings. After all, they're not chosen ones.

upweekis 10-06-2010 10:08 AM

Triumph corporate has changed their collective mind, and decided to not release the new Tiger. Too much competition with the Tenere and poor economy. They have decided to just put one in a crate with holes in it and charge folks to look.

ganze 10-06-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

hey, don't shoot the messenger.

just relaying what I heard from "the Big Ideas" podcast.

some unicorns are cool, I guess.

Mastodon 10-06-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

hey, don't shoot the messenger.

just relaying what I heard from "the Big Ideas" podcast.

some unicorns are cool, I guess.

I'm not referring to you as the false prophet, I'm saying that a bike that tries to pass itself off as inspiration for the Tiger, yet is in reality a unicorn, has nothing to do with the Tiger at all, and is false. It's like saying that Chuck Norris learned all of his moves by staring at tulips.

Tulips have nothing to do with Chuck Norris, just like unicorns have nothing to do with the Tiger.

Maybe I should've said 'false idol' instead.

ganze 10-06-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

I'm not referring to you as the false prophet, I'm saying that a bike that tries to pass itself off as inspiration for the Tiger, yet is in reality a unicorn, has nothing to do with the Tiger at all, and is false. It's like saying that Chuck Norris learned all of his moves by staring at tulips.

Tulips have nothing to do with Chuck Norris, just like unicorns have nothing to do with the Tiger.

Maybe I should've said 'false idol' instead.

Sage observation. I think I might agree with you. The tiger is nothing like a unicorn. Nor is it anything like a tulip. I would also put bunnies and pee wee herman in the category of things that are not like the tiger. I think I found a new way of meditating on the greatness of the tiger: things that it is not like.

thank you for this new method of anticipation. the false idol was thwarted with true truth.

Mastodon 10-06-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Sage observation. I think I might agree with you. The tiger is nothing like a unicorn. Nor is it anything like a tulip. I would also put bunnies and pee wee herman in the category of things that are not like the tiger. I think I found a new way of meditating on the greatness of the tiger: things that it is not like.

thank you for this new method of anticipation. the false idol was thwarted with true truth.

You're welcome, for this is a thread of truth, and those here are viligent in the fight to keep that truth from falling into realm of ficticious deceit that the "other" threads have become.

May the Tiger's dual headlamps forever shine upon your road, and may the thunderous growl of It's 800cc engine frighten all that oppose you.

ganze 10-06-2010 04:01 PM

and too you the odious odor of the smell of the tiger's exhaust, which according to the good book, shall actually scour the air of pollutants, shall accompany you on your multi-verse journeys with said tiger.

which is not at all like a male cheerleader

Mista Vern 10-06-2010 04:24 PM

Greetings! I am glad others have carried forth the work of the righteous while I was away for a bit - I think I had a either a bout of dengue fever or hantavirus, but I am fine now. It was the thought of the new Triumph Tiger 800 DS that made me pull though in such a hardcore fashion. Does its powers know no bounds? I think not.

Heyload 10-06-2010 08:45 PM

The power of The Tiger is limitless, infinite and all encompassing. It apparently has the power to remain unseen for another month, too.

But do not dispair, my brothers, for The Tiger shall come forth, and the faithful shall be rewarded!

Even now, visions of mana are revealed unto us! Accessories, apparel, glimpses of the awe-inspiring kit of The Tiger appease our longing and slake our thirst for more.

Now let us recite together, brothers;

"The Tiger is my bike,
I shall not want.
It taketh me to far places,
It maketh me to lay down serious miles.

It's seat and heated grips, they comfort me
The GPS shall not lead me astray,
But shall lead me to unexplored delights.

Give us this day our daily ride,
And forgive us our lack of mad skills
As we forgive those on lesser bikes.

Yea, though I ride through the blindspots
of SUV's and texting morons,
I shall fear no turnpike.

For thine is the power, the suspension and
finely tuned exhaust,
Forever and ever."

Ramen

SlipChip 10-06-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

The power of The Tiger is limitless, infinite and all encompassing. It apparently has the power to remain unseen for another month, too.

But do not dispair, my brothers, for The Tiger shall come forth, and the faithful shall be rewarded!

Even now, visions of mana are revealed unto us! Accessories, apparel, glimpses of the awe-inspiring kit of The Tiger appease our longing and slake our thirst for more.

"The Tiger is my bike,
I shall not want.

finely tuned exhaust,
Forever and ever."

Ramen

Blessed Be!:pope

WormShanks 10-06-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

"The Tiger is my bike,
I shall not want.

finely tuned exhaust,
Forever and ever."

Ramen

:snore

Heyload 10-06-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WormShanks
:snore

Odd....that used to be my reaction in church, too.

K1W1 10-07-2010 02:22 AM

Scoop!

Hot off the press!

I got this straight from the Triumph Adventure web site so it's true!

The Tiger 800's will have Triumph branded accessories available, 50 different ones in all. Accessories will include such things as... (wait for it)....

Hand guards
Heated grips
Touring screens
Luggage
Engine protection
and rugged off road styled clothing

This news just stunned me I hope that you were all sitting down when you read this message.

ganze 10-07-2010 06:34 AM

Quote:

Greetings! I am glad others have carried forth the work of the righteous while I was away for a bit - I think I had a either a bout of dengue fever or hantavirus, but I am fine now. It was the thought of the new Triumph Tiger 800 DS that made me pull though in such a hardcore fashion. Does its powers know no bounds? I think not.

I am so glad that you have the tiger in your life. Even as an ethereal idea it has the power to heal.

Lenz1 10-07-2010 07:34 AM

Quote:

I was listening to a broadcast today about jr tolkein. What was fascinating was that the lecturer stated that tolkein was an avid motorcyclist and that the idea for shadowfax (gandalf's buddy, the king of horses) came from an encounter he had while on a ride in the country. He claims to have met a sentient being in the form of a "motorcycle, of sorts, with a presence that pulsed with energy, speed and utmost grace." the motorcycle spoke to him of a time when men could "ride forever into the vast unknown on two wheeled beings with the power of the stars in their crankcases."

Well now gennelmens, the business of sentient - or near sentient - wheeled entities has been explored in some detail by Mr Iain M Banks in his book "Against a Dark Background". The beast has only one wheel but many and varied are its tricks. In all honesty, the seamless "sliding" of capability and response of said beast is why I will be crisply cryo-packed until this model is released.

ganze 10-07-2010 08:14 AM

ok.

I just watched the new video on the Triumph website for the first time and the script actually included the term "hard core" accessories.

just sayin'

Heyload 10-07-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

..he said the motorcycle communicated the idea of a unicorn with wings..

A unicorn with wings would be an Alicorn, according to the folks in the mythology, legends and glitter department here at Yo-Yo Dyne Corp. Definitely no relation to The Tiger.

mrbreeze 10-07-2010 11:48 AM

I think some of you guys are wearing your Gandalf costume a bit too tight. :D

Heyload 10-07-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbreeze

I reject your reality and substitute my own...:norton

ganze 10-07-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbreeze

If only I had a gandalf costume.... I mean seriously. That would be so cool.

John Ashman 10-07-2010 03:31 PM

Gandalf would ride a Tiger 800.

Mista Vern 10-07-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Ashman
Gandalf would ride a Tiger 800.

Who wouldn't?

On kind of a related subject, what's going to happen to all the other bikes that no one will want once the new Triumph Tiger 800 DS hits the market? Scrap? Halls of shame? :ear

Heyload 10-07-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Who wouldn't?

People that hate puppies, that's who.

And I.R.S. auditors.

And most especially, those people.

Yeah, you know who they are.

timholio 10-07-2010 07:21 PM

Is it 'confirmed' to be an 800? I think someone said Gandalf had informed them of that -but I didn't see that on teh triumph site.

(I don't mean to knock The Grey Wizard -he probably does know- he is a brit is he not AND we all know the triumph factory is in middle earth since thier bikes are obviously assembled by wizards with magic...)

Mastodon 10-07-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Who wouldn't?

On kind of a related subject, what's going to happen to all the other bikes that no one will want once the new Triumph Tiger 800 DS hits the market? Scrap? Halls of shame? :ear

By studying current market analysis charts along with historical data from a variety of motorcycle manufacturers, my prediction is this:

1)Triumph will underestimate the demand for this most amazing bike, and will not create enough of a supply to fill it.
2)Initial orders will quickly sell out, and as more and more people have their bikes backordered, other manufacturers will slash their prices, hoping to get customers to cancel orders and buy theirs instead.
3)People are left with two choices: either wait for the greatest bike ever created to be built and delivered, or buy a new fully optioned F800GS for $3000.
4)Those who wait for the Tiger, will eventually be blessed with what is essentially a gift from the gods, while those that choose the quick and easy bike will be plagued by mechanical problems and extreme depression. Some may commit suicide once they see others on the bike they could've had.
5)News outlets will spread horror stories of motorcycles killing people. As more people become frightened of these stories, they quit buying and riding, and convince their fellow riders to do the same.
6)Whole motorcycle divisions of various manufacturers will be forced to shutdown, causing massive layoffs and global economic turmoil.
7)As unemployment and homelessness rise, so does violence. Police forces will be unable to stop it, and martial law will be declared in countries across the world.
8)The Book of Revelations begins.

sithomas 10-07-2010 08:06 PM

Disaster...

Quote:

8)The Book of Revelations begins.

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria!

K1W1 10-08-2010 01:35 AM

Quote:

By studying current market analysis charts along with historical data from a variety of motorcycle manufacturers, my prediction is this:

You forgot 9.

9) In a feeble and ultimately futile effort to mitigate the sales slide caused by the iTiger a certain European manufacturer of twin cylinder dual sport bikes will start offering their bikes with an iPad duct taped to the tank in an effort to convince people that they are now iCompatible.

The effort will come undone when owners attempt to download the iAdventure plug in and their computer starts laughing at them.

thephantom 10-08-2010 03:04 AM

Quote:

And I.R.S. auditors.

That alone is enough to make me buy one :D

(obviously Gandalf riding one as well helps)

BiganDaft 10-08-2010 03:21 AM

Quote:

If only I had a gandalf costume.... I mean seriously. That would be so cool.

Between page 9 and 10 in the hardcore catalogue

upweekis 10-08-2010 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiganDaft
Between page 9 and 10 in the hardcore catalogue

How would you haul that long-assed staff?

ganze 10-08-2010 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upweekis
How would you haul that long-assed staff?

the hardcore accessories are surprisingly large. In fact the internal volume is magically larger than the exterior dimensions.

quantum reality/magic... you know

Heyload 10-08-2010 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timholio
(I don't mean to knock The Grey Wizard -he probably does know- he is a brit is he not AND we all know the triumph factory is in middle earth since thier bikes are obviously assembled by wizards with magic...)

A small misconception, but not too far off the mark. The wizards merely assembly the final product.

The Tiger's engines are forged on the anvils of the Iron Mountain Dwarves, far beneath the earth in caverns deep, lit by the light of the fires of the Earth itself. The steady ringing of mighty hammers rythmically echo as the sparks fly as glowing metal is pounded into shape, steam surges forth as the hot metal is cooled in water. A keen eye appraises each shape, each curve of the metal, and brings it to life with powerful blows of the hammer as it is created on the anvils of the Dwarves, each piece endowed with the artistry and magic of these denizens of the Earths depths.

Or it could be a factory in England somewhere, but who would believe that?

tripletom 10-08-2010 08:44 AM

Dunno if it's been posted before

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...e/DSCF5881.jpg

Mastodon 10-08-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

the hardcore accessories are surprisingly large. In fact the internal volume is magically larger than the exterior dimensions.

quantum reality/magic... you know

Rumor has it that years ago a Triumph engineer found a medium sized handbag in a field during a test ride of a motorcycle. The bag was completely empty and the only identification on it were the initials "M. P." embroidered in the space between one of the handles. Intending to bring it home as a gift for his wife, he strapped it to the bike. Unfortunately, British roads being what they are, the bag fell from the bike, and a hatrack, floor lamp, small tree, and several spoonfuls of sugar spilt from the bag. The confused engineer took the bag straight to the Triumph R&D facilities. The bag has never been seen since.

Looks like they've done some reverse engineering and put the magical capabilities of that bag into the Tiger's hard cases.

DAKEZ 10-08-2010 04:05 PM

So are there any pictures of this pig?

Beach40 10-08-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAKEZ

No. No there isn't. Nor will there be. Ever. There can never be any recorded true images of the Tiger 800.

Mastodon 10-08-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAKEZ

Religious sects across the globe have gone millennia without ever seeing a photo of their god, heaven, or angels, and yet you don't see them complaining!
:pope

Pictures? HAH! Who needs pictures?

K1W1 10-08-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Religious sects across the globe have gone millennia without ever seeing a photo of their god, heaven, or angels, and yet you don't see them complaining!

Anybody know how to get hold of Leonardo?
Maybe he could do up another shroud. His last one has been in the headlines regularly for the last 400 or 500 years. I bet Triumph would be wrapt at the publicity when the mystical Shroud of Tiger Cub was revealed.

muskieken 10-08-2010 07:52 PM

I keep checking to see if this bike is here,,,
but i'm just dreaming anyway,,
if i can swing another bike next year,
it will be a dl650...
i don't have the cash for a triumph.

Beach40 10-09-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muskieken
I keep checking to see if this bike is here,,,
but i'm just dreaming anyway,,
if i can swing another bike next year,
it will be a dl650...
i don't have the cash for a triumph.

The unbeliever will be burnt at the stake at dawn!

Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:57 AM.