ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beasts (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Triumph Tiger 800 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599070)

RaY YreKa 11-22-2010 02:17 PM

Must. Not. Put. Deposit. Down.

John Bloor (Triumph, 2010): "If you build a good product, your pricing is correct, and the quality is good, you always stand a fair chance"

Dr Herbert Deiss (BMW circa 2008-09): "BMW will continue to target the premium customer"

Must...Not...:becca

DireWolf 11-22-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray_rev
Must. Not. Put. Deposit. Down.

John Bloor (Triumph, 2010): "If you build a good product, your pricing is correct, and the quality is good, you always stand a fair chance"

Dr Herbert Deiss (BMW circa 2008-09): "BMW will continue to target the premium customer"

Must...Not...:becca

What?

You're a "premium customer", right?

:lol3

Keithy 11-22-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DireWolf
What?

You are if you pay twice the worth! :evil

RaY YreKa 11-22-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DireWolf
What?

Everytime I go into a BMW dealer, they blank me.

Except sometimes 'the new guy' will inadvertently offer me a coffee.

This never happens twice.

BMW know better than to talk to a fat british biker with a french ex-wife. They know it didn't end well.

They know I'm not premium.

Bambi 11-22-2010 02:46 PM

'They know I'm not premium.'
Ray, this isn't right! You were and you are a member of the Big-thread on this site and so you are: PREMIUM!
A firm, that copied and copies the beacon of our Big doesn't know better. Even if it resides in my country!
Best proof: They built the HP 2 (that put sleepless nights on me!) and stopped it just about 2 years after the start of it's production. Instead, they should have thought over the price!
Kind regards (and good luck to this new Triumph!), Bambi
PS: The Triumph 800 isn't quite my choice. I'd prefer a modernized African Twin from Honda. Or -even more - a more modernized Big from Suzuki!

RaY YreKa 11-22-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi
'They know I'm not premium.'
Ray, this isn't right! You were and you are a member of the Big-thread on this site and so you are: PREMIUM!
A firm, that copied and copies the beacon of our Big doesn't know better. Even if it resides in my country!
Best proof: They built the HP 2 (that put sleepless nights on me!) and stopped it just about 2 years after the start of it's production. Instead, they should have thought over the price!
Kind regards (and good luck to this new Triumph!), Bambi
PS: The Triumph 800 isn't quite my choice. I'd prefer a modernized African Twin from Honda. Or -even more - a more modernized Big from Suzuki!

You are a gentleman and a scholar :devildog

I loved that DR800 :nod

Bambi 11-22-2010 03:07 PM

'I loved that DR800'
Hey Ray, I know!
I read through and I am part of this thread, too! Still ride that bike - can't afford a newer one and don't know, if I'd really want one!
Good night fellow, Bambi

Milar 11-22-2010 03:17 PM

I hear the mags and dealers will get to ride it in Phoenix in January. Not sure which hotel they will use. Dealers probably know. But anyone in the Phoenix area could find out and post pics.

M

Beach40 11-22-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithy
I stopped reading the review after... Not a good start eh!

I take a bit of a different view on that. If an inexperienced rider can take it through some difficult situations and feel confident to do it again, I reckon that makes for a good package thats easy to ride.

I think this has been mentioned, but just like the Street Triple, I reckon there is an upspec or "R" version in the works, probably late 2011 or early 2012.

BiganDaft 11-22-2010 10:44 PM

Test Ride

Well, I'm good friends with the local Dealer here. I know that he is flying to Spain to-night for the dealer launch in Spain AND will be back on Saturday, so I will be giving him, oh, about 10 seconds on Saturday before getting on his case with details. :wink:

Hold your breath, and I will try and get s much info as possible.

:lurk

Keithy 11-23-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWITCHER
I take a bit of a different view on that. If an inexperienced rider can take it through some difficult situations and feel confident to do it again, I reckon that makes for a good package thats easy to ride.

I think this has been mentioned, but just like the Street Triple, I reckon there is an upspec or "R" version in the works, probably late 2011 or early 2012.

I was trying to figure out why he bothered going....Testing the XC on road only seems pointless:deal

I can only imagine the Triumph after event conversation.....Who invited this noob?

Birdy68 11-23-2010 02:02 AM

Quote:

OfficalTriumph says:
Join a Triumph pro-rider on his Tiger 800XC as he tails a key group of journalists at the official launch. All captured in glorious HD.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="800" height="630" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4pnWTuU0BCE?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
BEST WATCHED FULL SCREEN :)

Nice....
Looks like that reporter (with the leg dragging) was a little unsure :evil

Get some nice end cans on these and they'll sound awesome... :clap

Beach40 11-23-2010 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithy
I was trying to figure out why he bothered going....Testing the XC on road only seems pointless:deal

I can only imagine the Triumph after event conversation.....Who invited this noob?

Yeah good point...

Beach40 11-23-2010 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birdy68
BEST WATCHED FULL SCREEN :)

Nice....
Looks like that reporter (with the leg dragging) was a little unsure :evil

Get some nice end cans on these and they'll sound awesome... :clap

Wow some nice leg out action going on there. I think its a bit of a stretch to use the term "reporter" or "journalist".

markbvt 11-23-2010 06:23 AM

Nice video. They were moving at a pretty good clip on some of those dirt roads.

--mark

Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:28 AM.