ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beasts (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Triumph Tiger 800 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599070)

pilot 04-22-2011 02:35 PM

This thread needs more pictures of these new bikes.

LoriKTM 04-22-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreynard (Post 15733507)
:lol3

How about to Arrow or not to Arrow? :ear

I think we should discuss what tires are best...



:hide

Rob.G 04-22-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreynard (Post 15733507)
:lol3

How about to Arrow or not to Arrow? :ear

I can't see spending $800 on an exhaust when the bike already has enough power.

I'm wondering about the Low Seat... what's it cost? I can ride the bike with the regular seat in Low position, but it would be more comfortable if it was an inch lower.

Rob

soph9 04-22-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoriKTM (Post 15733666)
I think we should discuss what tires are best...



:hide

simple Heidenau K60's unless you are hard core off road.....:evil:norton another tire thread eh?:wink:

soph9 04-22-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob.G (Post 15733671)
I can't see spending $800 on an exhaust when the bike already has enough power.

I'm wondering about the Low Seat... what's it cost? I can ride the bike with the regular seat in Low position, but it would be more comfortable if it was an inch lower.

Rob

low seat should be no charge if you order the bike that way...that is how BMW does it...but Triumph charges over $200 for a low seat:puke1

Drunk_Uncle 04-22-2011 03:06 PM

The exhaust is not about the power, but the oh so soulfull howl of that triple. I think my performance slip on on my Sprint ST 1050 gave 5hp, but it sounds so wonderful.

LoriKTM 04-22-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soph9 (Post 15733686)
low seat should be no charge if you order the bike that way...that is how BMW does it...but Triumph charges over $200 for a low seat:puke1

I peeled the sticker off the bottom of my low seat last week, but I'm pretty sure it was less than $200. :dunno

Plus, I got to keep the stock seat and take it home. Does BMW give you a standard seat when you order a bike with a low seat?

I like the low seat-- it has a nice custom look to it. I did fine when I test rode my hubby's bike with the stock seat/low position, but at 5' 3" I need every little bit I can get.

AK Oldman 04-22-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob.G (Post 15733671)
I can't see spending $800 on an exhaust when the bike already has enough power. ...

Blaspheme!

LoriKTM 04-22-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pilot (Post 15733570)
This thread needs more pictures of these new bikes.

Yessir, mr. Pilot sir. Right away.


New Mexico Interstate, the dirt version. Lots of these roads out here, perfect for the Tiger.

http://loriktm.smugmug.com/photos/i-...-4Qd6XWS-L.jpg


Hers-n-his. Reminds me, I have to take off those stupid reflectors on the front forks!

http://loriktm.smugmug.com/photos/i-...-CDXCMZC-L.jpg

soph9 04-22-2011 03:30 PM

Lori to low is about $236 CDN and you got a point with BMW. It's either the low or standard not both.

bug67 04-22-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pilot (Post 15733570)
This thread needs more pictures of these new bikes.

Yessir! :D

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...h/IMG_0211.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK Oldman (Post 15733898)
Blaspheme!

+1 :thumb

mikejohn 04-22-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK Oldman (Post 15733898)
Blaspheme!

+1 slay the infidel, dibs on the bike:evil









:hide

sreynard 04-22-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoriKTM (Post 15733893)
I peeled the sticker off the bottom of my low seat last week, but I'm pretty sure it was less than $200. :dunno

Plus, I got to keep the stock seat and take it home. Does BMW give you a standard seat when you order a bike with a low seat?

I like the low seat-- it has a nice custom look to it. I did fine when I test rode my hubby's bike with the stock seat/low position, but at 5' 3" I need every little bit I can get.

Listed as $149.99.

For me the low seat would just make the bike more handy in city or with the wife on the back. I don't think I would be very comfortable on toes with a passenger.

Ducken 04-22-2011 04:15 PM

Anyone else have fun removing the baffle from the Arrow for the Tiger800? Took mine out, it was an adventure. (Pun only slightly intended.) I don't have the bike yet, but my Arrow can is ready. (Tiger 800 XC ABS) Ken

ttfrank 04-22-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreynard (Post 15733507)
:lol3

How about to Arrow or not to Arrow? :ear


I don't know... I think it's too soon to decide... There's only the Arrow slip on and maybe the remus... I'd just wait to see other options for this bike.. Would like to see what akrapovic and the other 3 or 4 exhaust people are going to do for this bike... Meanwhile OEM it going to be just fine


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014