ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Lennie's Camshaft Sprockets (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606554)

Hookalatch 08-03-2010 03:03 PM

Lennie's Camshaft Sprockets
 
I have searched and read all the past posts about advancing camshaft timing by using sprockets from Lennies or other sources. Everything seems pretty positive. Anyone using these have any new feedback? Reasons to avoid making this change? I can really use more low end grunt off-road. I have a booster plug on order and the sprockets sound like a good addition too.

Chuck

Sergiok 08-03-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookalatch
I have searched and read all the past posts about advancing camshaft timing by using sprockets from Lennies or other sources. Everything seems pretty positive. Anyone using these have any new feedback? Reasons to avoid making this change? I can really use more low end grunt off-road. I have a booster plug on order and the sprockets sound like a good addition too.

Chuck

New feedback... no... still love them though! Once you put them in you'll never look back.

CarSalesman 08-03-2010 06:39 PM

I got them on my 2007 GS a month ago. The difference can be felt, but I wouldn't spend $500 (with labor) to do it again. If you can handle the labor yourself, might be worth it. The engine is useable about 500 rpm lower than before. I find myself running one gear higher without thinking about it. You can feel a difference pulling away from a stop. I hardly ever run the GS engine to redline, so can't confirm if the top end is reduced.

signit98 08-03-2010 06:49 PM

Put in 4 sets in several bikes now (mine and other's)... all of them bettered each respective bikes performance where it counts.

You basically shift the Torque range about 1K RPM lower across the board... the bike is more responsive and with my mods of adding the techlusion/wunderlich/dobeck/whatevertheyarecalled and eliminating the cat, it offers about 96Hp on the rear wheel. Not bad for an '05.

Beezer 08-03-2010 09:07 PM

I really don't think it makes much difference at the very bottom end, but no doubt the mid range is better. I also think it runs smoother.

All in all, Lennie's gears = good... dropping Lennie's gear inside the engine... not so much. :rofl If you lose you grip while installing, the gear rolls right into the crankcase. Then you pull the head and go fishing. Pretty easy install though.

signit98 08-03-2010 09:55 PM

That is why you secure them with fishing line until they are seated and the screw is back in... :freaky

Dan Căta 08-03-2010 11:27 PM

Can someone please provide a source for buying those?

Rick Lee 08-04-2010 12:40 AM

<CITE>www.powerfrkusa.net</CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE>He also has a lot of threads on the Pelican R1100S and R1200S board. I have the Power FRK in my S, but want to sell it, so I'll hold off until my next GS for Lennie's sprockets.</CITE>

Dan Căta 08-04-2010 01:00 AM

"These high-end CNC machined sprockets will advance the cam timing 9 degrees."

Can that be also obtained by fiddling with the HES plate too? :)

Steptoe 08-04-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Căta
"These high-end CNC machined sprockets will advance the cam timing 9 degrees."

Can that be also obtained by fiddling with the HES plate too? :)


One is cam timing, the other is ignition timing.

Dan Căta 08-04-2010 01:11 AM

Steptoe, since you are a guru for BMW motorcycles, would you put these on your bike if you would find 500$ laying around the street one day? :)

Steptoe 08-04-2010 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Căta
Steptoe, since you are a guru for BMW motorcycles, would you put these on your bike if you would find 500$ laying around the street one day? :)

guru :rofl

For what it's worth I'd need to ride a bike with them fitted before i could form an opinion. Otherwise it'll just be guessing.

Dan Căta 08-04-2010 03:48 AM

Enough with the modesty!

:)

Bokrijder 08-04-2010 04:05 AM

Any comments on MPG taking a hit? I've got the 850R FD on my GS, cam gears should make it a pulling bear for slow rough work. FD change made no real loss in MPG, as a side note.

MJStone

signit98 08-04-2010 07:01 AM

Gas mileage will stay the same or better... as for the source, I can provide a direct contact, if needed. The contact listed above is Foster R & D... good luck with that.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014