ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Loaded's Scotts Damper Mounting for KTM (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61790)

Loadedagain 12-07-2004 07:27 AM

Loaded's Scotts Damper Mounting for KTM
 
I'm working on a scotts damper mounting system similar to sommers right now for the LC4 and LC8 (950). It will be available in the new year... but with the drawbacks removed. Some things i didn't like about sommers such as height (40mm rise) which makes the cables very tight will be changed (ideally 30mm). The damper itself bolts on, but the "spigot" is designed as a weld on unit, which can be done easily by any shop... In the future there may be a clamp on kit.

Pm me if you're interested. Cost is TBA, but i am aiming for around $100 plus the damper (currently $320.).

QMan 12-07-2004 07:44 AM

Loaded, it's easy to change the height of the Sommer unit... just add smaller spacers and shorten the bolts.
I think tho you need such height because the damper mounts below the handlebar and the damper itself has a specific height. The extra added 10mm is for the damper mount which bolts onto the steernig head plate.

Cheers,

Dom

meat popsicle 12-07-2004 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadedagain
I'm working on a scotts damper mounting system similar to sommers right now. It will be available in the new year... but with the drawbacks removed. Some things i didn't like about sommers such as height (40mm rise) which makes the cables very tight will be changed (ideally 30mm). The damper itself bolts on, but the "spigot" is designed as a weld on unit, which can be done easily by any shop... In the future there may be a clamp on kit.

Pm me if you're interested. Cost will be around $100 plus the damper (currently $320.).

Will it work without the dampener? It would be interestin' early next year if I didn't have to buy the Scott's right away. Also, did you consider the other dampeners out there or is Scott's juz too bad arse to go with one of the others? :ear

Loadedagain 12-07-2004 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMan
Loaded, it's easy to change the height of the Sommer unit... just add smaller spacers and shorten the bolts.
I think tho you need such height because the damper mounts below the handlebar and the damper itself has a specific height. The extra added 10mm is for the damper mount which bolts onto the steernig head plate.
Cheers,
Dom

yup... i don't think their design allows a 30mm rise from stock without hitting the damper though. have you seen or done one at 30? from my experience any more than 30 makes the cables really tight.

Loadedagain 12-07-2004 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meat popsicle
Will it work without the dampener? It would be interestin' early next year if I didn't have to buy the Scott's right away. Also, did you consider the other dampeners out there or is Scott's juz too bad arse to go with one of the others? :ear

yes you can install the adapter without the damper. and yes... there i will make adapters for other dampers such as gpr.

you guys let me know and i'll build to suit. i chose scotts because i believe it to be a better design and higher quality. i may be wrong....

meat popsicle 12-07-2004 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadedagain
yes you can install the adapter without the damper. and yes... there i will make adapters for other dampers such as gpr.

you guys let me know and i'll build to suit. i chose scotts because i believe it to be a better design and higher quality. i may be wrong....


Sounds rockin' Loaded - too soon for me to commit unfortunately - but I will come to you first when I can :D. but i think you should post this in the Equipment and Vendor's forums. :dunno

Loadedagain 12-07-2004 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meat popsicle
i think you should post this in the Equipment and Vendor's forums. :dunno

:thumb when i'm selling something i will. development right now. manufacturing a product you guys want is more important to me than selling it. if you've got input let me have it.

meat popsicle 12-07-2004 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadedagain
if you've got input let me have it.

The bolt on option sounds better to someone like me with commitment issues :D welding is so permanent.

You are on the right track with the height; new cables just for a bit longer would suck. :nod

But the big thing is the dampener going under the bars; that is the glory hole of setups. :evil

Arch 12-07-2004 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meat popsicle
Sounds rockin' Loaded - too soon for me to commit unfortunately - but I will come to you first when I can :D. but i think you should post this in the Equipment and Vendor's forums. :dunno

Meat popsicle is right. This belongs in the Vendor forum. Telling folks that you'll be making and selling these is the same as selling them. I'm not trying to prevent anyone from finding out about something that might benefit them or prevent you from peddling your wares, but we have very clear rules about this gets done and they should apply to everyone.

Please use the Vendor forum for future comments about products you are selling. As others buy them, they'll get plenty of comments from users in the regular forums anyway. Thanks.

meat popsicle 12-07-2004 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch
Meat popsicle is right. This belongs in the Vendor forum. Telling folks that you'll be making and selling these is the same as selling them. I'm not trying to prevent anyone from finding out about something that might benefit them or prevent you from peddling your wares, but we have very clear rules about this gets done and they should apply to everyone.

Please use the Vendor forum for future comments about products you are selling. As others buy them, they'll get plenty of comments from users in the regular forums anyway. Thanks.

Didn't know there was a rule... just thought that it would get more attention there. :dunno

I think that he is trying to use the Thumper crew to brainstorm. Not that our brains make many storms... but he could get lucky! :D

Arch 12-07-2004 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meat popsicle
Didn't know there was a rule...

Yep, and an old one at that. Mang, I really don't wanna get into another to & fro about the rules here. He's posting about products he has upcoming, proposed pricing and all. It's the very reason we started the Vendor forum. Read this sticky for the full poop.

Please understand that if one person gets to tout their wares outside of Vendors, there are six zillion others ready & willing to jump in with theirs. And yes, I'm aware that we have a few members who push those limits here and there, but you guys don't see everything that gets deleted or moved and things run much smoother when longtime members just follow a few simple guidelines. :D

Loadedagain 12-07-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch
Yep, and an old one at that. Mang, I really don't wanna get into another to & fro about the rules here. He's posting about products he has upcoming, proposed pricing and all. It's the very reason we started the Vendor forum. Read this sticky for the full poop.

Please understand that if one person gets to tout their wares outside of Vendors, there are six zillion others ready & willing to jump in with theirs. And yes, I'm aware that we have a few members who push those limits here and there, but you guys don't see everything that gets deleted or moved and things run much smoother when longtime members just follow a few simple guidelines. :D

i agree. the price thing was a fuckup for sure. check yar pm's

meat popsicle 12-07-2004 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch
Yep, and an old one at that. Mang, I really don't wanna get into another to & fro about the rules here. He's posting about products he has upcoming, proposed pricing and all. It's the very reason we started the Vendor forum. Read this sticky for the full poop.

Please understand that if one person gets to tout their wares outside of Vendors, there are six zillion others ready & willing to jump in with theirs. And yes, I'm aware that we have a few members who push those limits here and there, but you guys don't see everything that gets deleted or moved and things run much smoother when longtime members just follow a few simple guidelines. :D

Not startin a fruckus Arch, just pointing out my ignorance of the True Path to Enlightenment. Checked out the poop; I don't think it stinks. Probably good organization.

Arch 12-07-2004 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadedagain
i agree. the price thing was a fuckup for sure. check yar pm's

:thumb No worries.

Arch 12-07-2004 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meat popsicle
Not startin a fruckus Arch, just pointing out my ignorance of the True Path to Enlightenment. Checked out the poop; I don't think it stinks. Probably good organization.

More like loosely organized organization, MP. :rofl


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014