ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   WetFest 2011 - September 9, 10, 11 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624128)

DireWolf 09-27-2010 05:57 PM

WetFest 2011 - September 9, 10, 11

Looks like were on for a change of venues for 2011 PNWetFest.

:deal

The last few years have been great - being held on the Columbia River, a bit east of Astoria - in Skamakowa, WA.

The campground was fantastic, but after goint to WARPED and WestFest last year, I was thinking of looking for a change that expanded on riding opportunities - ALL types of riding opportunities.

I started a thread in PNW Regionals, and it got batted around a bit.

What seemed to be important:

- Privacy (noise can be a problem at times :lol3 )
- Good road riding (not everyone rides like Hayduke)
- Good gravel roads - suitable but interesting for big bikes
- Killer OHV areas (to lure the dirtybike riders)
- Camping - ability to have some room to camp away from the roar
- Hotels - Mortimersickle needs a place nearby to sleep
- Amenities - nearby fuel and groceries, etc.

The Father of WetFest was a gathering of idiots near the coast in NW Oregon. As it evolved, the spirit was meant to be preserved - informal gathering of like minded folks looking to get together and ride. And maybe enjoy an adult beverage or 14. There was no catering, and things were loosely organized to unorganized. Some people bring food to pitch in for pot-lucks, and others went to local restaurants. It was markedly casual.

This year will be similar to earlier years, with a few changes - the location is private property (details Post #2). Per the property owner, there will be a per person fee to cover utilities, etc. For those wondering, the fee will be less than 2 nights of camping at the previous location. I have found a printer that will do shirts and (I think) stickers - and the host will be providing the artwork. Shirts/stickers will be optional, and be paid before the order is placed. The only other fee that may be required will be to cover for the likely need for a few porta potties.

This will be epic. :deal

On with the show.

:freaky

DireWolf 09-27-2010 05:58 PM

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictur...lyGrail027.jpg

"But where will this most bitchin' gig he held!?!?!?"

One of several locations that got kicked around pretty seriously was Bend, Oregon.

It had all the riding needs covered in spades, but the problem was locating a venue that we could use.

And then the clouds of confusion and discomfort parted.............

http://images.fanpop.com/images/imag...60_800_441.jpg

"I send thee a man to show thou the wonders of the Church of Roostafari!"

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnd....... *poof*

It was so.

http://wachs.smugmug.com/photos/578625702_6D2EW-L.jpg

Wachs steps up and offer his place to host WetFest 2011:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wachs
Brought the idea of hosting Wetfest here on our farm to my wife last night. We have 20 acres outside of Bend with plenty of space. We'd like to offer up the place if we can charge a little ($25 each) fee to cover our utilities. We have a big carport 30' X 48' so no matter what the weather, there's a great outdoor place to hang out. My studio is an old dairy barn separate from the house and has a rockin' stereo, also a fun place to party down. We can't see any of our neighbors and they can't hear whatever is going on here so noise is not an issue.

A pond is up the hill for swimming if it's hot and that is also a nice place to pitch a tent. Half of our place is green and has plenty of shade while the southern half is full-on desert. Obviously, there is a crap-load of riding, 2 miles up the road, the pavement ends and the asphalt into town is really fun too. 2 miles the opposite direction is the town of Tumalo with a decent Mexican food joint, Farmer Johns' for fresh fruit and veggies and of course, the famous Tumalo Feed Company which has a full bar.

Just a thought ! :ear

And:

Quote:

We have a large utility room with shower, crapper and deep sink. It has it's own entrance and 24 hour use is not intrusive in any way. Our water comes from a well and the heater is propane which is stupid, inefficient and expensive but located right behind the shower so it gets hot instantly and is very difficult to not take a long one - :lol3.

Guys can pee freely behind any tree but if we need more bathroom options, yes, a blue room is easy to schedule.

We also have a good sized propane BBQ that I'd move into the carport for cooking as well as several tables.

Fire pit(s) are also easy, we have tons of wood if you don't mind juniper and lodgepole pine aromas.

I think there is some footage of the carport and shady/grassy lawn in that 'Get Lost Oregon' movie at the beginning of the film.

We'll handle all the refuse with a dump run after the event. This includes tires, tubes and oil if necessary.

And then:

Layout -

http://direwolf.smugmug.com/Events-a...1_woeKU-X2.jpg

Quote:

There's a ton of cool shady tent spots to disperse and ridable tracks to them, as well as the big shade around the house, studio and carport buildings. The desert camping is dry, nice and sandy with early sunrises.

Can't begin to start mentioning FIRE too early. Always super careful with sparks if it's dry around here.

If you were to zoom out a mile or so - we're surrounded by all types of awesome day riding - on any machine of choice. :clap

Well that about covered the venue.

:lol3

A google maps link to wet yer whistler:

Tumalo, OR

So - I will edit the space below as needed if any additional details come to light.

:beer

EDIT 3/19:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wachs (Post 15448844)
We can't host anyone until friday but there is a super nice campground on the DesChutes River 2 miles down the road - Tumalo State Park. If anyone is interested in staying there for a night or two it would be prudent to make reservations NOW!

http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_45.php

DireWolf 09-27-2010 05:58 PM

I'll use this space to link ride info, OHV areas (and OHV requirements for Oregon), and link to subsequent posts with route/destination ideas, etc.

**OHV AREA AND PERMIT INFO POST LINKY**

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad21 (Post 15447666)
If we decide to do a ride to the Christmas Valley sand dunes it would be an all day ride. From Wachs' ranch in Tumalo would be real close to 200 miles round trip. A fast rider making minimal stops could make CV in about 2 hours, all off-road...

http://brad21.smugmug.com/Motorcycle...7_oS3m6-XL.jpg

Moar..............

DireWolf 09-27-2010 05:59 PM

** Shirt Orders will be CUT OFF at the end of the day, Sunday, August 14.**

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-vTks...-vTksqFj-L.jpg

$15 for Short Sleeve

$18 for Long Sleeve

$15 for ladies short sleeve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke (Post 16368360)

DireWolf 09-27-2010 05:59 PM

EDIT: *Registration closed on Friday, September 2nd.*

OK.

The "IN" List.

Your name is below if you indicated you were in, or seemed likely. If you said you wern't sure or had to wait til it got closer to know, you ain't on the list. If I got that wrong - post it up.

Cost.

I talked to dave on expenses, and we came up with a cost of $20 per head. If your name is red, I have not recieved registration payment. Green mean I got it. In the next day or two, I'll have the shirt order stuff up, and I'll have your ordered size next to your name when I get paid for that.

PayPal is: vboost dot 6000rpm @ gmail dot com (remove " dot " and replace with ".")

Please send as a personal gift so there is no fee taken out.

IN YOUR PAYPAL message - please let me know your screen and real name. I'll have shirt info in a day or two. If you want to wait to include shirt money, indicate size and preference (i.e. if we get a women's shirt or long sleeve). PM me if you are going to be a pain in my arse and want to send me a check. :lol3

RV's/toyhaulers.

We have room for 5-6 RV type deals. One or two might get a power cord stretched from the house, but I make no promises on that. We have 5 confirmed for a trailer spot. One more maybe. That mean's we're full. As I understand it, other options are the nearby State Park, or a friend of wachs' that lives about 6 miles away. I doubt it will come to that.

Here we go.

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">AceRph</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">CA</st1:State></st1:place> XL<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">AngryScot</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">CA</st1:State></st1:place><o:p></o:p>
Apple Jam, OR +1 L<o:p></o:p>
asrvivor, OR XXL<o:p></o:p>
B4450Paul, UNK XL - LS<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">beemerron, WA</st1:City></st1:place>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Beerslayer</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">OR</st1:State></st1:place> XL<o:p></o:p>
BLU HWY, OR
Bobo1167, WA XL<o:p></o:p>
Bonnie Abzug, CO<o:p></o:p>

Brad21, OR XL
brauhausbier, OR<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Calvin J, </st1:City></st1:place>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">CamoGreg</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">ID</st1:State></st1:place> L<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">CAStu</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">CA</st1:State></st1:place> XXL <o:p></o:p>
Cowgirl, BC M - Women's<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Crossthread</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">ID</st1:State></st1:place> XL<o:p></o:p>
Dagwood, WA<o:p></o:p>
danodemotoman XXL <o:p></o:p>
dharmasister, BC<o:p></o:p>

Dr Klaun, OR L<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Drtyfun</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">WA</st1:State></st1:place> L<o:p></o:p>
DualSport650, OR XL<o:p></o:p>
earwife, OR<o:p></o:p>
earwig, OR XXL<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Easy-Z</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">OR</st1:State></st1:place> XL – LS<o:p></o:p>
Elua Huila LS<o:p></o:p>
eric n, OR
exwingnut, CA SS-XL LS-XL<o:p></o:p>
Ezra, CA
<o:p></o:p>
<o:p>fatalpinist</o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Gerg</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">CA</st1:State></st1:place> XXL<o:p></o:p>
G-Funk, OR LS – XL<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Gitana</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">WA</st1:State></st1:place> 1x ladies<o:p></o:p>
GoinPostal LS - XXL
grinns, WA<o:p></o:p>
GSGuy, WA LS - XL<o:p></o:p>
GSGuy wife, WA W - L<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Hayduke</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">CO</st1:State></st1:place><o:p></o:p>
Hdstd003 L <o:p></o:p>

huzar, WA XL<o:p></o:p>
ironmtnracing, WA XXL (RV)<o:p></o:p>
Ironwood, WA.
joefromsf, CA<o:p></o:p>
Johnny Dakar, CA L<o:p></o:p>
Johnny Drunkard, WA<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Jphrse</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">OR</st1:State></st1:place> XL <o:p></o:p>
knary, OR<o:p></o:p>
knybanjo, SC XL<o:p></o:p>
ks02, OR XL<o:p></o:p>

kurtw, OR XL<o:p></o:p>
LA Woman, CA M<o:p></o:p>
linkweewee, OR XL<o:p></o:p>
Longways, WA
LUUUUUUUuuuuukkee, OR
malagato, OR XL<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Masterchief</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">WA</st1:State></st1:place> L<o:p></o:p>
Media, WA XL<o:p></o:p>
Metal Worker, OR XL <o:p></o:p>
mike54, CA 3XLT<o:p></o:p>

mikerbritbiker, WA<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Mista Vern</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">OR</st1:State></st1:place> XXL<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">MortimerSickle</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">OR</st1:State></st1:place> M – LS<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">MotoKat</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">ID</st1:State></st1:place><o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Motomuffin</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">OR</st1:State></st1:place> XXL<o:p></o:p>
Mr. Cob, WA<o:p></o:p>
mtrcycllvr, OR XL <o:p></o:p>
Mr. Fisherman, OR<o:p></o:p>
mrazekan, OR XL<o:p></o:p>
nimrod, TX<o:p></o:p>

nomiles, CA L - LS<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">NoPoChicken</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">OR</st1:State></st1:place> LL<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">NotBetty</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">CA</st1:State></st1:place><o:p></o:p>
Oldmonkeybutt, OR LS - XXL <o:p></o:p>
Oldmonkeybutt Wife, OR LS - XL<o:p></o:p>
OR400, OR XL<o:p></o:p>
PARTY <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">BOSStm</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">VA</st1:State></st1:place> XXL<o:p></o:p>
Patrick46, OR L <o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">PecosBill</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">OR</st1:State></st1:place> XL<o:p></o:p>
petefromberkley, CA<o:p></o:p>

peterman, OR
Petrolburner <o:p></o:p>
Pint, Iraq/AK M<o:p></o:p>
Porschenator, M<o:p></o:p>
Radioman, OR <o:p></o:p>
Reddog* XXL<o:p></o:p>
richard cabesa, CA XL – LS<o:p></o:p>
Road Rash, OR LG – LS<o:p></o:p>
Rubber Cow, OR<o:p></o:p>
s1marks, OR L - LS <o:p></o:p>

Sasquatch, ID 5XL <o:p></o:p>
scarysharkface, IN XL – LS<o:p></o:p>
Senor Siesta, <st1:State w:st="on">OR</st1:State> L<o:p></o:p>
Slatz, NV LS - XXL<o:p></o:p>
sopascat, CA<o:p></o:p>
Steamer, CA XL – LS<o:p></o:p>
Steve Lavigne, WA
Taco, OR
Tequila Girl, OR<o:p></o:p>
therivermonster 3XL – LS

threecows<o:p></o:p>
tony the tiger, WA XL - LS<o:p></o:p>
Tour Pros, OR<o:p></o:p>
Treadless, CA L<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">TTDave</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">WA</st1:State></st1:place> 2XL<o:p></o:p>
twisty sister, OR<o:p></o:p>
Used2BeFast2, WA<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Wibby</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">OR</st1:State></st1:place> 3XL<o:p></o:p>
WU7X, WA SS & LS XL<o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Xymotic</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">WA</st1:State></st1:place><o:p></o:p>

yzfcathy, AZ
zoomzu, WA L<o:p></o:p>

MotoKat 09-27-2010 07:08 PM

*saving this space because I can.

Sasquatch 09-27-2010 07:12 PM

IN!!!!

knybanjo 09-27-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotoKat
*saving this space because I can.

gREAT IDEA!

sector 09-27-2010 07:20 PM

Woohoo! :clap:freakyBend will be awesome! Thanks Wachs!!! And thank you, Direwolf for organizing this! I missed this year, but don't plan on missing any more if I can help it!!!:deal

GiddyUp 09-27-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DireWolf

:rolleyes Looks stupid

:lol3

:clap

Easy-Z 09-27-2010 07:54 PM

Yep. So in.

MortimerSickle 09-27-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DireWolf
... the Church of Roostafari!"

I had to be the first to quote this. :D

wachs 09-27-2010 07:56 PM

Yeah! This is gonna be great - rode hwy 242 yesterday (just to make sure the brand new pavement on the west side was absolutely perfect) and then pealed off from my group to sample one of about a thousand routes back to the ranch.

http://wachs.smugmug.com/Motorcycles...88_bSAYT-L.jpg

http://wachs.smugmug.com/Motorcycles...83_KiK82-L.jpg

http://wachs.smugmug.com/Motorcycles...03_yU9Ck-L.jpg

Hi!

http://wachs.smugmug.com/Motorcycles...94_Dw75G-L.jpg

And then there was last nights sunset.

http://wachs.smugmug.com/Motorcycles...05_UREd8-L.jpg

knybanjo 09-27-2010 08:04 PM

:rolleyes looks stoopid

IN!

Hayduke 09-27-2010 08:29 PM

In. Duh. :D