ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Road warriors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Kawasaki Z1000S (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624565)

RaY YreKa 09-29-2010 03:09 AM

Kawasaki Z1000S
 
Coming in 2011, to compete with the Bandit 1250 and CBF1000. Looks sharp, 130bhp, 228kg, full options list.

Gregster 09-29-2010 03:46 AM

Care to share any more information or a source?

Graemsay 09-29-2010 05:31 AM

Is that what's on the cover of today's MCN?

They've got a New Top Secret Bike Leaked teaser up on their website, but being out of the UK I haven't seen this week's issue.

Paulvt1 09-29-2010 05:56 AM

Haven't seen the photos yet - but the stock Z1000 gets a lot of good press. Could be a fun all rounder.

Shorty 09-29-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray_rev
Coming in 2011, to compete with the Bandit 1250 and CBF1000. Looks sharp, 130bhp, 228kg, full options list.

Come on... throw us a bone....Where's some pics

burgerking 09-29-2010 11:41 AM

I hope it looks better than the 2011 ZX10R, that's one ugly mf er:puke1

But that is also a good thing, the 04-05 10R is still the best looking kawi ever :bow

:super

:beer

RaY YreKa 09-29-2010 02:30 PM

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...a68/img002.jpg

arshishb 09-29-2010 04:37 PM

I really like the direction Kawi has taken with their recent bikes. Fresh design, quality components, make a big difference.

But I am quite excited by the idea of a Z1000S, basically a ZX10 with semi fairings & handlebar. Now if only they could go the Ducati route & provide an "S" version with Ohlins suspension & Brembo brakes. Then I dont need be a used parts vulture :rofl

Steelybeast 09-29-2010 04:43 PM

I don't know myself. It seems a lot more sport bike-ish than a CBF1000 or a Bandit 1250 to me.

I would still like to see one up close and personal though :thumb

SpaceManSpiff 09-29-2010 05:08 PM

Very interesting. I was wondering about how to make one into a lighter (than most others in that category) sport tourer....

Hope they "fixed" the instrument cluster into something legible.

Ray_Rev, looks like you are a source of information for Hell for Leather....
http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...al-liter-bike/

RaY YreKa 09-30-2010 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceManSpiff
Very interesting. I was wondering about how to make one into a lighter (than most others in that category) sport tourer....

Hope they "fixed" the instrument cluster into something legible.

Ray_Rev, looks like you are a source of information for Hell for Leather....
http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...al-liter-bike/

Oops :lol3

Grainbelt 09-30-2010 05:14 AM

saw this thread yesterday, hell for leather tweeted it this morning

as usual, ADV is ahead of the curve. They even linked this thread from their article. :lol3

Graemsay 09-30-2010 05:26 AM

The question is will they do it with the snakeskin saddle? :deal

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4122/...408314128a.jpg

Dranrab Luap 09-30-2010 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graemsay
The question is will they do it with the snakeskin saddle? :deal

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4122/...408314128a.jpg

That's snakeskin? It looks like my mother's drapes.

Paulvt1 09-30-2010 06:53 AM

I knew i'd seen that snout somewhere..


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014