ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Best Noob "Day Trip" Trail/Ride in So Cal? La Verne/Los Angeles (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=638605)

Rhino-1 11-19-2010 04:24 PM

Best Noob "Day Trip" Trail/Ride in So Cal? La Verne/Los Angeles

So I'm getting my XR650R on the 23rd. Thinking of taking it out for a shake-down run next weekend (Saturday or Sunday), and am looking for good noob trail recommendations. Any other noobs planning to be out that weekend?

TIA!

Ben99r1 11-19-2010 05:15 PM

Ill be heading out to stoddard wells Fri returning Saturday night. I might be able to go and show you around Silverwood/Arrowhead on Sunday. Pm me on Wed. Ben

Rhino-1 11-19-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben99r1
Ill be heading out to stoddard wells Fri returning Saturday night. I might be able to go and show you around Silverwood/Arrowhead on Sunday. Pm me on Wed. Ben

Will do Ben! Thanks!

NSFW 11-19-2010 05:28 PM

watch out for some who claim they are nOOb, they 're trouble....:lol3

rowher flats has a lot of easy sections. that's probably the closest one for you.

have fun.

Rhino-1 11-19-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8chains
watch out for some who claim they are nOOb, they 're trouble....:lol3

rowher flats has a lot of easy sections. that's probably the closest one for you.

have fun.

No, I'm really a noob... And good at listening/following in order to learn. I've had an XR650R in the past, but other than some whooped-out sections near Barstow, it never saw any real trails. My KX450 was almost exclusively a sand dune bike... :huh :D So I'm a stark noob off road.

I've read some of your Rowher Flats posts (and have been following Riceless/Razr posts religiously...), so I'd love to check them out. Hopeful join/meet some of you guys.

TUCKERS 11-20-2010 12:27 AM

You could go up Cleghorn off the 15 near 138, it's easy enough.

Or mess around Lytle Creek.

1224R 11-20-2010 12:38 PM

Rowher Flats... Close, fun, and as challenging as you want... Pm me anytime if I have the time off I'll go!!

DSM8 11-20-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TUCKERS
You could go up Cleghorn off the 15 near 138, it's easy enough.

Or mess around Lytle Creek.

This is a really good idea since it is a well traveled dirt road and if there are any issues you would prolly have plenty of help around should it be needed.

A pretty easy ride from where you live too you can take either freeway or surface streets to get there.

Rhino-1 11-23-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSM8
This is a really good idea since it is a well traveled dirt road and if there are any issues you would prolly have plenty of help around should it be needed.

A pretty easy ride from where you live too you can take either freeway or surface streets to get there.

Good ideas! I'll check them out soon!

airborndad 11-23-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwin8r
So I'm getting my XR650R on the 23rd. Thinking of taking it out for a shake-down run next weekend (Saturday or Sunday), and am looking for good noob trail recommendations. Any other noobs planning to be out that weekend?

TIA!

It's the 23rd, So did you get it ???????

Where are you planning to go ??

I MIGHT be able to go up Lytle Creek with you on Sunday for a SHORTish early ride i'll know Saturday

Rhino-1 11-23-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airborndad
It's the 23rd, So did you get it ???????

Where are you planning to go ??

I MIGHT be able to go up Lytle Creek with you on Sunday for a SHORTish early ride i'll know Saturday

Yup! Got it yesterday... I mentioned it in my "plating an XR in CA..." post. I'll pm you my contact info.

rider914 11-24-2010 12:22 PM

Congrats on the new bike :thumb
I rode an XRR for many many years before going fully orange.

I'm planning to get out around the Cajon Pass saturday or sunday or maybe both. You could say I know the area fairly well :rolleyes
Let me know if you need a tour guide. Fire roads, jeep / ohv trails, single trak, (no trak :wink:). ~150 miles is a good day.
I usually just ride from home (a few miles east of you). Convenient to meet at the gas stations at Lytle Creek (I15 @ Sierra exit).

-M

Rhino-1 11-24-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider914
Congrats on the new bike :thumb
I rode an XRR for many many years before going fully orange.

I'm planning to get out around the Cajon Pass saturday or sunday or maybe both. You could say I know the area fairly well :rolleyes
Let me know if you need a tour guide. Fire roads, jeep / ohv trails, single trak, (no trak :wink:). ~150 miles is a good day.
I usually just ride from home (a few miles east of you). Convenient to meet at the gas stations at Lytle Creek (I15 @ Sierra exit).

-M

Wow--sounds good! But remember, I'm a noob--"no trail" sounds like the stuff good "ouch" videos are made from... at least for now. I'm down for Friday, Saturday, maybe Sunday...

stiggs13 11-24-2010 12:51 PM

Rowher I ride my CT90 up there and hit most of the trails good times

rider914 11-24-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwin8r
I'm down for Friday, Saturday, maybe Sunday...

Got a little wrenching to do, so probly can't go friday.
Pick a time and place for the weekend and i'll be there.

Any other <s>suckers</s> wanna go?

Seriously tho...
Ask anyone, I ride for fun, not to hurt or kill myself. Doesn't mean there wont be a couple challenges, but they'll be FUN challenges :evil

-M

Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:40 AM.