ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Junac Smoked From Behind (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=640254)

JUNAC 11-26-2010 10:00 AM

Junac Smoked From Behind

Hey guys,

Looks like my riding days are over. :cry I'm ok, bike was totalled. Driving home from work yesterday, cars were stopped at intersection, I pulled up and stopped. Checked my mirror, too late. Rear ended by mini van, taken by Ambulance to hospital. Spent 6 hrs on back board and in a neck brace. EKG, X-Ray, and CT Scans all good. No broken bones. Protective gear torn up, helmet and shield banged up. I've had the pleasure of riding with Detroit, Southwestern, and GTA ADV Riders and will never forget the good times. Right now I'm counting my blessings.

RIDE SAFE! DRIVE SAFER!

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/z...887878_002.jpg

Tosh Togo 11-26-2010 10:19 AM

Damn!...that blows big-time... :puke1

What was the van-driver's excuse, other than not driving?....

RumRunner 11-26-2010 10:38 AM

Mike, I'm so glad to hear that you checked out fine, however by the looks of the picture, I'm sure you got "launched". The soreness will be apparent this week-end.

I'd be interested in what charges were laid on the soccer van operator. Any evidence of cell phone use or texting while driving?

DW

drcool 11-26-2010 11:04 AM

Mike, I am glad you can communicate after your incident.

Practice the three R's for now. Rest, Relax, Recuperate. Then have a lawyer eat the texting, lazy, soccer van driving cager alive. Adjusters and insurance people will need proding to do the right thing but if it is anything like my accident you will do fine monetarily.

Be forceful when the time is right.
drcool

Pig-Pen 11-26-2010 11:09 AM

YIKES! Close call for sure Mike! Glad you`re ok!! :thumb You were lucky for sure.

Hope the driver doesn`t get off too easily.

On the bright side....riding seasons pretty much over and you have all winter to shop for a new bike and gear.

Don`t let it spook ya...most of us have been there, and many didnt walk away without extended hospital stays (including myself) Hope to see you back in the saddle next spring!

McJamie 11-26-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUNAC
Hey guys,

Looks like my riding days are over. :cry I'm ok, bike was totalled. Driving home from work yesterday, cars were stopped at intersection, I pulled up and stopped. Checked my mirror, too late. Rear ended by mini van, taken by Ambulance to hospital. Spent 6 hrs on back board and in a neck brace. EKG, X-Ray, and CT Scans all good. No broken bones. Protective gear torn up, helmet and shield banged up. I've had the pleasure of riding with Detroit, Southwestern, and GTA ADV Riders and will never forget the good times. Right now I'm counting my blessings.

RIDE SAFE! DRIVE SAFER!

MIKE STOYSHIN - JUNAC (YOUNG BULL)
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/z...887878_002.jpg

Looks like the van tried to EAT you and the bike. Could have been way worse. You're a lucky guy. Everyone else is right, get a good lawyer NOW! And don't screw around. Document everything you do, how you feel, where it hurts, etc....Be pushy with the insurance company and anyone else involved. If you don't demand help, financial or otherwise,none will be given. It's been 2 & half years since mine and it's still not resolved.
Go buy some lottery tickets, you appear to be a lucky man.

Knobbiethrower 11-26-2010 01:19 PM

OMG- That could have been so much worse. I'm glad to hear you're ok.

sonoran 11-26-2010 01:21 PM

Glad you are relatively OK, that looks like it could have been much worse.

I know you're shaken up right now but give yourself some time before you call an end to your riding days.

Hope you heal up quickly.

vanos954 11-26-2010 01:23 PM

Glad you're ok. I gotta disagree about lawyering up...they only TAKE money from you. Remember insurance is to put you back where you started, no worse, no less. That being said make sure you get what you think you deserve for the injuries but lawyers take 30% and up and don't really get you any more than you would have in the first place most of the time if you are articulate and can talk to the insurance adjuster reasonably.

H e a d N o r t h 11-26-2010 01:29 PM

Mike,

Do what you think is right for you, but my initial response to seeing that picture was "man, what a lucky bugger, he doesn't need to go through the hassle of trying to sell that bike to fund a 950!".

But seriously - glad you're OK.

Ferd

OldSilverFox 11-26-2010 01:42 PM

Junac
Sorry to hear about what has happened but glad to hear initial reports are good regarding injuries. Things could have been a lot worse. Hope you make a full and speedy recovery. I also hope you meant that your riding days are over only for this season.

Bruno T . 11-26-2010 02:37 PM

Damn, Mike. Glad your ok.

I've got a loaner for you when you're ready to do some dirt roads with us.

toddiscdn 11-26-2010 02:40 PM

:eek1 Holy Shit Mike!!!!, 30 million on the 6-49 tonight, might wanna pick up a ticket, your certainly lucky to not have come out much worse.

Anyway, glad to hear your doing ok, dont give up , take the time to see how you really feel about it.

Liquor heals all wounds:D , Todd

KTMER 11-26-2010 03:07 PM

Get well soon, glad you walked away (after the hospital visit)

the kaz 11-26-2010 03:21 PM

Good to hear your OK :clap

Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:50 AM.