ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Thumpers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   LC4 radiator removal... for no apparent reason. (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64324)

creeper 01-02-2005 06:36 PM

LC4 radiator removal... for no apparent reason.
 
Decided to pull the tank and check the condition of the vacuum piston and diaphram. Did that... all is well. :D

So, while I was there, I thought I'd check the left oil line to see if it had chewed thru the radiator or frame or... itself. Did that... all is well. :D

So, while I was there, I checked the antifreeze level... a bit low. It is the original stuff, with 6K miles... so I drained it. :eek1

Then... for no apparent reason, I removed the radiators. Don't ask why... I don't know why. :dunno


So here are the pics...

http://creeper.smugmug.com/photos/13608977-M.jpg

http://creeper.smugmug.com/photos/13608974-M.jpg


That braded SS hose is the one many people were concerned about rubbing against the back of the rad.

http://creeper.smugmug.com/photos/13608972-M.jpg


The plastic radiator deflectors sure are a pain in the ass to remove, and the tank support was a little on the "sprung" side at the upper left mount.

http://creeper.smugmug.com/photos/13608975-M.jpg

While I have them off, I think I'll flush the rads and motor out, do a valve adjust, take a few pics for the valve adjust guide, stare at shit until I can find 5 other things to screw around with... then put it back together. :D

Anyone have any questions or would like photos of something previously not easily seen, give me a shout, it'll be like this for a week or so. :rolleyes

More to come... eventually.

Jeff620RXC 01-02-2005 07:05 PM

What is that brown stuff on your engine?
Oops, my bad...I didn't ever remember seeing any dirt on your ride b4!
:D

PASSMORE 01-02-2005 07:16 PM

Creep,


You sir are a disturbed person... :nod I am consulting the pysch books now so we can diagnose your "disorder"...

I am leaning to "rode the other day, bike is sullied, must clean disorder" with a touch of "WTF, while I am detailing my bike I may well completely diassemble and rebuild my bike disorder" - hard to nail down exactly at this point :dunno


Fellow members of the the ADVrider community, thumpers in specific - no matter your affiliation (BST or FCR) - we ALL must come together in helping to diagnose the Creep.

In true hijack fashion, I urge you all to offer your suggestions of diagnosis :deal for this sick, sick man...


Signed,

A concerned ADVrider... :lol3

Jeff620RXC 01-02-2005 07:25 PM

It is the cult of the BST that brainwashed him!

creeper 01-02-2005 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff620RXC
What is that brown stuff on your engine?
Oops, my bad...I didn't ever remember seeing any dirt on your ride b4!
:D

That is from Fridays ride to the "deep dark woods". I washed the bike yesterday to get the big chunks of muck off, but didn't pull the tank. Had I known I would get a tank pulling Jones today, I would have pulled it yesterday.

Christ... I'm not sure even I understood that. :huh

GoGriz 01-02-2005 07:26 PM

No doubt about it, the Creepster suffers from Austrian Compulsive Disorder. Been known to suffer a touch of that meself. Not entirely a bad thing, but there is no known cure. Well, maybe a high dose of Mattighofen with a little GelandeStrasse kicker might just do the trick!

creeper 01-02-2005 07:31 PM

You can all bite me... thankyouverymuch. :nod

PASSMORE 01-02-2005 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoGriz
No doubt about it, the Creepster suffers from Austrian Compulsive Disorder. Been known to suffer a touch of that meself. Not entirely a bad thing, but there is no known cure. Well, maybe a high dose of Mattighofen with a little GelandeStrasse kicker might just do the trick!

No doubt about it Griz, we may all have to convene upon WA to do an intervention - or at least to all partake in the the "cure" you suggested!

:lol3

M

creeper 01-02-2005 07:41 PM

Did I mention, bite me? Yes... yes I did. Thankyouverymuch. :fitz

Loadedagain 01-02-2005 07:43 PM

bite creeper. he tastes like candy.

creeper 01-02-2005 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadedagain
bite creeper. he tastes like candy.

Bite Loaded... he tastes like Bombay Sapphire. :nod

ChrisC 01-02-2005 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff620RXC
It is the cult of the BST that brainwashed him!

Let it known that the Cult of the BST takes no responsibility for Mr. Creeper's OCD-like actions. His needs are a result of his upbringing (by wolves), and are not caused by any contact with the Almighty Diaphragm.

So it is written, so let it be done.... :freaky

CC

BST!

creeper 01-02-2005 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisC
His needs are a result of his upbringing (by wolves), and are not caused by any contact with the Almighty Diaphragm.

CC

BST!

I touched the "almighty diaphram" but a few hours ago. Disassembly is required to do this. :eek1 It's just that I do it for fun rather than out of need.

PASSMORE 01-02-2005 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisC
Let it known that the Cult of the BST takes no responsibility for Mr. Creeper's OCD-like actions. His needs are a result of his upbringing (by wolves), and are not caused by any contact with the Almighty Diaphragm.

So it is written, so let it be done.... :freaky

CC

BST!

We in the FCR Cult are an open and excepting cult Creep... Come now son, come into the accepting fold of the FCR :nod You too can be saved from the treachery and dismal future that comes from following the god of BST.

Besides, ya got it all ripped apart, no better time to get an acceptable carb in there!

M

meat popsicle 01-02-2005 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creeper
Anyone have any questions or would like photos of something previously not easily seen, give me a shout, it'll be like this for a week or so. :rolleyes

More to come... eventually.

heya creeper, i don't see why obsessive-compusive bike dismantling is disorderly conduct, but i am a motochondriac so i wouldn't put too much weight on my opinion. :D

anyways, just wondering if your vavle adjustment guide has pics - I thought it didn't and this would be the opportunity to add them in if you are doing it. (I can't find my PDF copy of your guide; might be at work - hey MODS can we get that stuff in the Hall of Wisdom - PLEASE?!? :cry)


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014