ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   AFX FX-39 DS helmet? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658019)

stubmw 02-07-2011 02:22 AM

AFX FX-39 DS helmet?
 
There is a fairly large thread floating around here on the AFX 37 DS, but i was surfing and came across this on the dennis kirk sight, AFX-39 helmet.
the dennis kirk sight says coming soon.
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/cmn/prodlist.jsp?store=Main&catId=101&page=5

There is no mention of it on AFX's sight...werd.

I have one of the 37's and got to say for a $100 helmet it aint all that bad, any one heard anything else about this 39?

RamMan4x4 02-07-2011 05:05 AM

I tried a FX-37 and really liked the look and the price...but it was tight front to back with a lot of room on the sides. It was definitely designed for someone with a perfectly round head based on the shape of the foam under the liner. It also had minimal padding at the forehead. It was still a great helmet for the price, but it just didn't fit so I had to send it back...which was a piece of cake with DK.

The FX-39 looks even better, but I'd bet the foam shape is the same. If the 37 fits you then the 39 probably will too. Good luck!

rockinrog 02-07-2011 05:24 AM

I have had the 37 helmet for a couple of years and its been a great warm weather helmet. I like the looks of the 39.. the hi viz looks promissing. I checked mc superstore and they dont have it listed yet either.

It is listed on the AFX site if you click the link to tlook at the 2011 line up/catalog.

motostrano 02-07-2011 11:16 AM

correct. the 39 will replace the 37 and fix some of the issues folks have talked about with the 37 and the styling will be enhanced. this is why we have our DS37s on clearance.

http://www.motostrano.com/afxhelmets.html

there's no solid eta yet on the 39s however.

Joe

stubmw 02-07-2011 07:39 PM

Thanks youse guys.....Yea I was eyeing the hi-viz one also. I also like that the new one has a racheting chin strap.

motostrano 02-07-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubmw (Post 15136066)
Thanks youse guys.....Yea I was eyeing the hi-viz one also. I also like that the new one has a racheting chin strap.

We'll have them and I'll post here when we do

Joe

Gravetter 02-08-2011 08:15 AM

Patiently waiting. Any idea on where you'll price them? I see $130 on that Kirk website...

motostrano 02-08-2011 10:08 AM

Some good news for you then. I was able to get more specs, photos and a release date from AFX on the FX39. They are expecting to ship from distributor warehouses on the 22nd of this month. I don't usually like to put stuff on sale before they are even out, but it's also not fair for folks who pre-order, so we have them marked down as pre-order about 10% off the retail.

http://www.motostrano.com/afxhelmets.html

Im glad that mossy woods Camo is still in the mix!

Note- it looks like one of the features built into this helmet is the ability to remove the MX visor and use the helmet as a standard street lid. Nifty.

Joe

stubmw 02-08-2011 06:39 PM

Ok you talked me into it............:lol3

Just ordered a large in hi-viz from ya motostrano.

Happen to know if the 37 sheild will fit this new 39? I have extras for the 37, guess Iam going to find out. :wink:

rockinrog 02-08-2011 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
afx39

heffa 02-08-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motostrano (Post 15132412)
correct. the 39 will replace the 37 and fix some of the issues folks have talked about with the 37 and the styling will be enhanced. this is why we have our DS37s on clearance.

http://www.motostrano.com/afxhelmets.html

there's no solid eta yet on the 39s however.

Joe

What are the issues with the 37? This is what I am looking at for a new helmet right now.
I wear a MED. normally and it says to size up on it to a LRG. Can anybody confirm fit in this respect.

rockinrog 02-08-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heffa (Post 15144083)
What are the issues with the 37? This is what I am looking at for a new helmet right now.
I wear a MED. normally and it says to size up on it to a LRG. Can anybody confirm fit in this respect.

One size up worked for me on the 37. The complaints about the 37 were distortion in the shield and the chin strap too far back on the neck. Neither bothered me, but I use mine mostly with goggles during the summer except on cold evenings or when it rains then I used the shield.

heffa 02-08-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrog (Post 15144130)
One size up worked for me on the 37. The complaints about the 37 were distortion in the shield and the chin strap too far back on the neck. Neither bothered me, but I use mine mostly with goggles during the summer except on cold evenings or when it rains then I used the shield.

Thanks! I figured it would be addition. :D

motostrano 02-08-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubmw (Post 15143791)
Ok you talked me into it............:lol3

Just ordered a large in hi-viz from ya motostrano.

Happen to know if the 37 sheild will fit this new 39? I have extras for the 37, guess Iam going to find out. :wink:


Thanks Stu!

And I'm going to have to talk you into using the advrider free shipping code on this one too. Or, I can apply that towards a shield because the 37 shields do not, it seems, fit the 39. I have separate part numbers for them. Lemme know and what kind of shield if so. Thanks again!

Joe

motostrano 02-08-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrog (Post 15144130)
One size up worked for me on the 37. The complaints about the 37 were distortion in the shield and the chin strap too far back on the neck. Neither bothered me, but I use mine mostly with goggles during the summer except on cold evenings or when it rains then I used the shield.

what he said and certain head shapes (not all) will complain of pressure on the forehead. in general, after selling hundreds of these, I will say feedback on them is positive and always with the disclaimer "for the price". I like them. Happy to sell them.

Joe


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014