ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   GS Boxers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Drilling for fuel (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6683)

dizave 09-01-2002 05:18 PM

Drilling for fuel

Hi all--

I noticed in the S4 siphon thread people were talking about some drilling that was done to improve fuel capacity... What is the deal with this? Does anyone have instructions/pics/comments? I can think of at least one time in Wyoming I would have done just about anything for more fuel....

-Dave

impi 11-07-2002 01:09 PM

Razorback,

Is it necessary to remove the canister before drilling the hole or am I missing something here. Would the higher fuel level cause an overflow into the cannister ? How do you get around this problem ?

Rad 11-07-2002 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by impi

Is it necessary to remove the canister before drilling the hole or am I missing something here.
Yes....Do not do this mod with the cannister in place. If you remove the cannister and do the mod be prepared to get overflow under your bike if you fill up when the bike is warm and then let it sit.

nachtflug 11-07-2002 03:03 PM

as always, if it aint broke, dont fix it. drill bits are for drilling holes, your gs needs no holes in it. need more gas in wyoming? was the issue really that YOU dizave, squandered a gas opportunity or two? and then rode to regret it? you, who have no consideration for anyone but yourself, got caught between a rock and and empty gas tank, and rode for miles with the fear of allah on your shoulders. buy a GSA tank and have it installed, drill a hole in an apple and make a hash pipe out of it.

Rad 11-07-2002 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nachtflug
drill a hole in an apple and make a hash pipe out of it.
:huh

John Macdonald 11-07-2002 03:06 PM

oooh

Yowza Flug-

--------... you, who have no consideration for anyone but yourself, got caught between a rock and ...
--------

easy, tiger!
You'll get your chance to go for a day tour with Rabia too, be nice.

dapolrbear 11-07-2002 03:29 PM

Quote:

as always, if it aint broke, dont fix it. drill bits are for drilling holes, your gs needs no holes in it.
Nutplug, do you believe in the concept of improving what you have? True it ain't broke but it has room for improvement more gas never hurt anyone, unless its in your ass.:rofl

Now what was that smokin your apple thing you were talkin about?:huh

nachtflug 11-07-2002 04:00 PM

in hi school, we would get an apple from the cafeteria, core it, take the foil from a ciggarette pcak liner, use that as the bowl in the cored apple, take a bic pen, remove the head and ink tube and use that empty plastic pen as the pipe stem by sticking it into the side of the apple. worked every time. all smoked up for the afternoon studies. and yep, apple flavored smoke.

dapolrbear 11-07-2002 04:03 PM

Quote:

in hi school, we would get an apple from the cafeteria, core it, take the foil from a ciggarette pcak liner, use that as the bowl in the cored apple, take a bic pen, remove the head and ink tube and use that empty plastic pen as the pipe stem by sticking it into the side of the apple. worked every time. all smoked up for the afternoon studies. and yep, apple flavored smoke.
Very Mc Guyver of you. Interesting....

Andrew 11-07-2002 04:04 PM

Flught's gas mileage extender

Quote:

buy a GSA tank and have it installed, drill a hole in an apple and make a hash pipe out of it.
No need to drill holes in the tank to make the bike go farther on a tank of gas... just do it like they do it where they do it this way:

http://users.lmi.net/sundial/trailer.jpg

Yeah, that's the ticket, old apple-smoker...

dapolrbear 11-07-2002 04:09 PM

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Andrew 11-07-2002 04:09 PM

Re: Drilling for fuel

Quote:

Originally posted by dizave
I noticed in the S4 siphon thread people were talking about some drilling that was done to improve fuel capacity... What is the deal with this? Does anyone have instructions/pics/comments? I can think of at least one time in Wyoming I would have done just about anything for more fuel....
You can also, for a few dollars, put in a filler neck from an RT, it's not as deep, and lets you pour in more fuel quite easily. Can even drill the RT neck, why not?

But sure as heck you have to get rid of the canister, or you'll foul it when you fill up. Your 1150GS has a diffeent vent valve/overflow/tipover thingee in theer than on the R1100 models, it is good to angle it up higher (don't break it) so as to adjust it for the increased capacity of the tank.

nachtflug 11-07-2002 04:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
smoke this.

Rubber Cow 11-07-2002 04:35 PM

Quote:

smoke this.
Did anyone hear Rabia collapse?
Someone check on her....
NO!...... NOT YOU NACHToFLUG!

Jesus, I didn't need that.

dapolrbear 11-07-2002 04:40 PM

Quote:

smoke this.
Now....is that how you remove the hair from your ass?

Or does your partner stick in a pipe and smoke from the brown star?:ear

I think I'll stick to the apple smokin.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:49 AM.