ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Thumpers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   640 ADV Scotts under bar mount interest? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67885)

SoilSampleDave 02-03-2005 02:52 PM

640 ADV Scotts under bar mount interest?

I fired off e-mails to Scotts Performance and Pro-Tect Enduro Concepts, asking if they had an under bar mount for the Scotts damper. No response from Scotts yet, but here is the response form Pro-Tect:
Hi David, we haven't yet made an under bar mount for the 640. I've had many requests; however have just not had the time. Perhaps the time has come. How many mounts are we talking about and for what year bike(s)? I'm also going to need a triple clamp(s) for taking hole spread pattern measurements and so forth. Please advise.

Thank you,

Robin Cloutier

Pro-Tect Enduro Concepts

mailto:rcloutier@ptenduro.com

Who's interested? I'm not sure I can pop for the damper right now, but I want my bars raised anyway, so buying a SUB mount will give me the height I want and a "downpayment" on the damper, so to speak. I can loan him my triple clamp, but I don't exactly know what variations are out there over the model years, but I'm sure someone here does. So let me know if you're interested and what year you have and I'll see if Pro-tect is interested in that quantity. Thanks

Loadedagain 02-03-2005 03:13 PM

i am currently taking names for people who are interested. i have the mount designed for use with a scotts damper, but have not recieved enough interest. i will spark up the cnc machine when i get about a dozen interested parties. right now i have 5.

currently i estimate cost of around $100 for the mount and you purchase the damper from scotts yourself.. as i live in canada you americans would pay duty twice to buy the damper from me so it doesn't make sense.

if you are interested please pm me and i will add you to the list.

Renazco 02-03-2005 03:41 PM

Sommer KTM has one

dirtrider 02-03-2005 04:12 PM

Why not try this one. It works fantastic on KTM's and you can get it in orange or black.
http://www.gprstabilizer.com/images/...ate_v2_ktm.php

You can find it HERE

SoilSampleDave 02-03-2005 04:22 PM

Count me in! Maybe this thread will get 6 more.

Loadedagain 02-03-2005 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoilSampleDave
Count me in! Maybe this thread will get 6 more.

if you're talking to me.... pm me your info... name address, email, etc... so i can add you to the list.

dirtrider 02-03-2005 04:57 PM

Will your planned mount be rubber isolated? Just curious as the GPR is not. If you make a prototype, post a picture. I'd like to see it.

PASSMORE 02-03-2005 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtrider
Why not try this one. It works fantastic on KTM's and you can get it in orange or black.
http://www.gprstabilizer.com/images/...ate_v2_ktm.php

You can find it HERE

Are you sure this fits the 640 Adv :ear

I spoke to those guys a few moths ago and they said one was in the works, but not done for us 640 Adv'ers....

Renazco 02-03-2005 05:52 PM

$100.00 not bad Loaded.. whats the design look like??
I have the Scotts damper but no mount yet.

Loadedagain 02-03-2005 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boejangles
$100.00 not bad Loaded.. whats the design look like??
I have the Scotts damper but no mount yet.

pretty well copied the sommer mount.

Renazco 02-03-2005 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadedagain

Sign me up.. I'll PM ya :wink:

PASSMORE 02-03-2005 06:01 PM

Quote:

Less postin boy and more fabbin' ! :whip

Loadedagain 02-03-2005 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PASSMORE
Less postin boy and more fabbin' ! :whip

i just pm'd back and forth with boejangles... we're o-fish-ally up to 5 (plus me) people who are seriously interested... meaning have given name and offered payment in advance... you're one too passy :smooch

the cnc machine takes a bit of programming and costs a bit to run. i want to do an initial run of 25, but i aint doing that til i get at least 15 firm requests... so keep yer damn panties on. :D

and fer the rest of yous... if you want one and are seriously interested pm me yer info so we can get this show on the road.

creeper 02-03-2005 06:24 PM

Quote:

i just pm'd back and forth with boejangles... we're o-fish-ally up to 5 (plus me) people who are seriously interested... meaning have given name and offered payment in advance... you're one too passy :smooch

the cnc machine takes a bit of programming and costs a bit to run. i want to do an initial run of 25, but i aint doing that til i get at least 15 firm requests... so keep yer damn panties on. :D

and fer the rest of yous... if you want one and are seriously interested pm me yer info so we can get this show on the road.

Where's my beta "test" unit? :D

Loadedagain 02-03-2005 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creeper
Where's my beta "test" unit? :D

you're number 0 on the list schnookums. you get one before me... thats how important you are. :smooch

Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:07 AM.