ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers. (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Ontario Ride 2012 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692873)

tarzan30 05-30-2011 05:52 PM

Ontario Ride 2012
 
Updated Details:

Roaming Rally 2012


June 7-10, 2012
Ontario & Quebec
June 7th evening "A Night At The Dakar"
-slide show and presentation by Ned Suesse
3 days of riding, 1300 kilometers


Pics for the route on page 87.




Riders list below, to be queued in the list please PM "Juames" with ADVrider user name, bike make and model to claim your place in history.
1. http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...iders_list.jpg
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...iders_list.jpg

2.http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...ers_list_b.jpg
3. http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...ers_list_c.jpg

shipwrek12001 05-30-2011 06:20 PM

OK.. I'm in!

We can spend this summer pre-riding some idea's.. then we'll know if a trail goes in front or "behind" a steel hut. :rofl

Deadly99 05-30-2011 06:26 PM

Slow down Betsy, it's a roaming rally......it very well may roam to somewhere other than Ontario :nod
:wink:

tarzan30 05-31-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly99 (Post 16043812)
Slow down Betsy, it's a roaming rally......it very well may roam to somewhere other than Ontario :nod
:wink:

Perfect, Where when who and how long! Im up for it! maybe we need the name change of Canada 2012 ride... then we are wide open to where we want to go!

Drif10 05-31-2011 11:34 AM

A while back, they went north, but I don't think they scratched the surface of what's up there.

Launch from Chelsea (pick Flanny's brains for good stuff north from there), head up past Ste-Anne-du-lac (good motel there, inexpensive), then take the trails to Clova for the night. Next head easterly to the old runway at Casey (choice of trail or great gravel), after which head southwest to Fer a Cheval for the night (fun trail with a self-propelled ferry). Then pick your poison for the run home. Can also go up to Barrage Gouin, bend east to Chicoutimi, then south towards Maine.

Lots more choices there, too. Lots.

Deadly99 05-31-2011 01:30 PM

No worries....Jimmy and I have already been chatting and I know of some crazy stuff in Quebec......the TCAT :D

I don't think it will disappoint, a few "doable" optional sections, a couple of back to back 200 km (120 mile) sandy, twisty roller coasters. Google Parent Quebec :deal

Pre riding starts soon :nod

shrineclown 05-31-2011 02:06 PM

Will it be Memorial Day Weekend again?

Deadly99 05-31-2011 02:35 PM

Might be nice to go a bit later in the year. Less water, less bugs and higher temps.

Totally open for suggestions though. It is nice to plan all winter and then get right to the event in the spring.

Its all good with me :thumb

Deadly99 05-31-2011 02:51 PM

Another question since we're asking.

Keep it simple like this past one, aka costs nothing and we just provide a suggested route or would folks rather see it organized. Meaning a sign up fee which includes camping, food, gear shuTtle, etc

Either or works for us so its more a matter of what folks would like. Heck we could even scratch the camping and find somewhere indoors if that's what folks would prefer.

Entirely up to the inmates as its you folks who'll be attending :thumb

dvd_scott 05-31-2011 03:25 PM

:ear:clap

juames 05-31-2011 03:52 PM

Rr 2012!!!
 
I have taken over the 'Keeper of the List' job from Skypilot, so here it is! :deal

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...iders_list.jpg
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...ers_list_b.jpg
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...ers_list_c.jpg

dvd_scott 05-31-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juames (Post 16051191)
Just got all the gear cleaned up...I had mud in spots that I didn't know existed! What a blast!

IMHO the format seemed to work pretty good...organized, but not organized. Everyone being self-sufficient. Although the thought of a truck and trail for support adds a sense of secrurity in case of break down. Also if we move to a hotel/motel based ride we lose sitting around a campfire, which is one of the highlights for me. Don't get to camp that often, and doing it off the back of a bike just makes it even better! Also I think that Memorial is a pretty good date...everyone is chomping at the bit to get riding after a long winter...the camp grounds are general empty...weather is warm enough...as for bugs, what bugs? I didn't see any bugs.:lol3 My 2 cents.

Discuss...:ear


I agree with Jimmy :freaky

Dave

Z50R 05-31-2011 03:59 PM

Oh Yes. I am in for more.

I am not a voting member of the board as I am along for the ride but my only complaint about this ride was the long straight gravel roads near the start of the ride. The ride was almost completely rural but that first part made us seem a bit like asses ripping down the roads at the speeds we love. If the ride starts on even a single twisty dirt road the main pack will be broken up quickly and it would be easier on the locals to digest.

I believe this will be the first thread I officially subscribe to!

dvd_scott 05-31-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly99 (Post 16050089)
No worries....Jimmy and I have already been chatting and I know of some crazy stuff in Quebec......the TCAT :D

I don't think it will disappoint, a few "doable" optional sections, a couple of back to back 200 km (120 mile) sandy, twisty roller coasters. Google Parent Quebec :deal

Pre riding starts soon :nod

Parent has my vote

Corbeau 05-31-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drif10 (Post 16049240)
A while back, they went north, but I don't think they scratched the surface of what's up there.

Launch from Chelsea (pick Flanny's brains for good stuff north from there), head up past Ste-Anne-du-lac (good motel there, inexpensive), then take the trails to Clova for the night. Next head easterly to the old runway at Casey (choice of trail or great gravel), after which head southwest to Fer a Cheval for the night (fun trail with a self-propelled ferry). Then pick your poison for the run home. Can also go up to Barrage Gouin, bend east to Chicoutimi, then south towards Maine.

Lots more choices there, too. Lots.

Hey, my cousin own the Inn in Clova! (And the general store, and the tavern, well, you get the drift...) And her brother is an outfitter on Réservoir Gouin, but I think his operation is only fly-in...


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014