ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   NW North Carolina- Foothills Rides and Dinners thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715601)

SidewinderX 08-12-2011 01:09 PM

NW North Carolina- Foothills Rides and Dinners thread

After some conversation with a few inmates and also some interest shown by others, I am starting a new thread (the original was Piedmont NC thread) for our Northwest North Carolina foothills dinners and Ride events.

We hope to cover Inmates from Winston Salem to Boone (East - West) and from Sparta to Statesville (North - South) and anywhere in between. Elkin, Jefferson, Yadkinville, King, Lenoir, Hickory, Mocksville, etc. are all within a short ride to here, so hopefully we can get some good participation. ANYBODY IS WELCOME!! :freaky

Dinner has been established at Wilkesboro. They have anything from great BBQ to Sonic and it is a prime location to start rides from. We can also hit some prime sport touring roads or some nice dirt within 5-10 minutes from there.

Next Dinner is scheduled for August 18th at the Sonic in Wilkesboro. :clap:clap

DEPARKER1817 08-12-2011 02:23 PM

I'll try to make it.:clap

KingJarhead 08-12-2011 02:35 PM

The time still set for 6:30? I hope/plan to be there.
Has there ever been any conversation or interest in setting up a tag game in the area described above? Like the Triangle tag, not to take anything away from the NCTOR.

SidewinderX 08-12-2011 03:13 PM

I may ride up around Wilsons creek and Table Rock tomorrow. We could meet in Lenoir if anyone is interested. I am two up on a GS 650 so it will be an unusually docile pace for me.....

SidewinderX 08-12-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingJarhead (Post 16614341)
The time still set for 6:30? I hope/plan to be there.
Has there ever been any conversation or interest in setting up a tag game in the area described above? Like the Triangle tag, not to take anything away from the NCTOR.

Yep, still 6:30. Location is up to the majority. During the summer months, it would be nice to ride more and eat less.... :)

Tag is cool! Set it and we shall start. Let's get some people out riding! It would also keep the thread near the top.

Jamie 08-12-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SidewinderX (Post 16614623)
I may ride up around Wilsons creek and Table Rock tomorrow. We could meet in Lenoir if anyone is interested. I am two up on a GS 650 so it will be an unusually docile pace for me.....

I'll be up in that area tomorrow, too. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

kickstand72 08-12-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SidewinderX (Post 16614623)

just got the klr buttoned up and ready to go. as soon as i can get of work i will give you a shout. pack the rain gear 50 percent chanceof no dust!:norton

kickstand72 08-12-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SidewinderX (Post 16613726)
After some conversation with a few inmates and also some interest shown by others, I am starting a new thread (the original was Piedmont NC thread) for our Northwest North Carolina foothills dinners and Ride events.

We hope to cover Inmates from Winston Salem to Boone (East - West) and from Sparta to Statesville (North - South) and anywhere in between. Elkin, Jefferson, Yadkinville, King, Lenoir, Hickory, Mocksville, etc. are all within a short ride to here, so hopefully we can get some good participation. ANYBODY IS WELCOME!! :freaky

Dinner has been established at Wilkesboro. They have anything from great BBQ to Sonic and it is a prime location to start rides from. We can also hit some prime sport touring roads or some nice dirt within 5-10 minutes from there.

im planning to be there:1drink

Red F 08-14-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Are you talking the Sonic on 421, or the lesser known Sonic on 18 north?

SidewinderX 08-15-2011 04:13 AM

Good catch Red. The Sonic on Hwy 421 is the destination.

hambone650rider 08-15-2011 05:37 PM

Im in for the thursday dinner ride.Screw dinner eat before you get there LETS RIDE !! Look forward to thursday.....:wink::clap:cry

kickstand72 08-15-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hambone650rider (Post 16636240)
Im in for the thursday dinner ride.Screw dinner eat before you get there LETS RIDE !! Look forward to thursday.....:wink::clap:cry

do you have a route in mind? i've been wanting to check out old 16. don't know if its dirt or paved though.

TLtrials 08-15-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

:clap:clap

Well I now know it is true...... Wilkesboro is the center of the universe as we know it...... We always ride to another town for dinner. :D

Quote:

i've been wanting to check out old 16. don't know if its dirt or paved though.
It is paved to the intersection of Roten Creek Rd, then dirt to with in 1/2 mile of the parkway at the Trading Post. Last time I was there it looks like the NCDOT has survey markers set so it will likely be paved in a couple of years.

SidewinderX 08-16-2011 07:26 AM

I hope that we are not too upset when we finally realize that Wilkesbura is not the center of the universe... :norton

I do however hope to see you bring the Blue KTM out of hiding. :evil:evil

TLtrials, wanna lead a dirt route around your hometown sometime for us? I would love to see the Blue KTM emerge from its lair. :freaky:freaky

hambone650rider 08-16-2011 03:45 PM

Im thinking that we should let TLtrials show us around his universe. Id like to find a inner galaxy of trails ad dirt roads. What do you think 72? Well thats my vote cause you cant let sidewinderX lead he stays lost.:evil

Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:18 PM.