ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc) (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   990 Fuel pump O-rings (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716042)

Roeligan 08-14-2011 02:54 AM

990 Fuel pump O-rings
 
Anyone has the measurements of the 2 o-rings which seal the pump in the tank?
So the 2 big ones as in ktm part nr 61007089000?

I had ordered them to fix a leak, but only the one for inside the tank was delivered (don't want to wait another week and pay in gold again if I can find them close by, but do need the measurements of them).

Thanks!

Kenbike 08-14-2011 07:27 AM

I picked up some at a local hydrulic repair shop 2.5" x 1/8" and 2 3/8" x 1/8". I purchased 3 pairs fr $3.12 vs $50 form KTM for 2. Ktm is very unfair when it comes to pricing parts for the bikes that they know you will need!:cry

Peanuts 08-14-2011 07:29 AM

I find most KTM genuine parts are priced very fair.

Roeligan 08-14-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanuts (Post 16624188)
I find most KTM genuine parts are priced very fair.

Most.... not all :huh

Roeligan 08-14-2011 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenbike (Post 16624175)
I picked up some at a local hydrulic repair shop 2.5" x 1/8" and 2 3/8" x 1/8". I purchased 3 pairs fr $3.12 vs $50 form KTM for 2. Ktm is very unfair when it comes to pricing parts for the bikes that they know you will need!:cry


Thanks! Going to try to get them somewhere tuesday (monday holiday here in Belgium).

Hopefully they will fit and fix the leak...

crashmaster 08-14-2011 03:10 PM

IIRC this is the one that gets chewed up all the time trying to install the pump.

Someone should sticky this post. :lol3


http://www.mcmaster.com/#
<table id="PageDivTable"><tbody><tr id="PageHeadDivRow"><td><table id="PageHeadDivTable"><tbody><tr><td id="FamilyDescColumn"><nobr>O-Rings, Cord Stock, and Accessories</nobr>
This product matches all of your selections.

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <table id="PageHeadLowerDivTable"> <tbody> <tr> <td id="idsParamImageDivColumn"> http://www.mcmaster.com/param/images...nga%5B1%5D.gif
</td> <td id="ItemTableDivColumn"> <table id="ItemTable" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td id="PartNumberCell"><nobr>Part Number: </nobr>1201T321</td> <td id="PricingDataCell"> <nobr> $14.82 per Pack of 10</nobr>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" id="ItemAttributesCell"> <form action="" name="idsFeatureValueChange"> <table id="ItemAttributesTable" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">AS568A Dash Number
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">932
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Type
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">O-Ring
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">O-Ring Type
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">For Straight Thread Tube Fittings
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Cross Section Shape
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">Round
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Width
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">.118"
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Inside Diameter
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">2.337"
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Outside Diameter
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">2.573"
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Material
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">VitonŽ Fluoroelastomer
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">VitonŽ Fluoroelastomer Type
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">Military Specification
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Fractional Tube Size Outside Diameter
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">2"
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Durometer
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">Hard
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Durometer Shore
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">Shore A: 75
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Temperature Range
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">-15° to +400°F
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Color
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">Black
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Specifications Met
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">Military Specification (MIL)
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">MIL Specification
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">MIL-R-83248C
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </form> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

</td> </tr> <tr id="idsHiddenImgRow"> <td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

tomdubz 08-14-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashmaster (Post 16626694)
IIRC this is the one that gets chewed up all the time trying to install the pump.

Someone should sticky this post. :lol3


http://www.mcmaster.com/#
<table id="PageDivTable"><tbody><tr id="PageHeadDivRow"><td><table id="PageHeadDivTable"><tbody><tr><td id="FamilyDescColumn"><nobr>O-Rings, Cord Stock, and Accessories</nobr>
This product matches all of your selections.

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <table id="PageHeadLowerDivTable"> <tbody> <tr> <td id="idsParamImageDivColumn"> http://www.mcmaster.com/param/images...nga%5B1%5D.gif
</td> <td id="ItemTableDivColumn"> <table id="ItemTable" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td id="PartNumberCell"><nobr>Part Number: </nobr>1201T321</td> <td id="PricingDataCell"> <nobr> $14.82 per Pack of 10</nobr>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" id="ItemAttributesCell"> <form action="" name="idsFeatureValueChange"> <table id="ItemAttributesTable" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">AS568A Dash Number
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">932
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Type
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">O-Ring
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">O-Ring Type
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">For Straight Thread Tube Fittings
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Cross Section Shape
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">Round
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Width
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">.118"
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Inside Diameter
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">2.337"
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Outside Diameter
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">2.573"
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Material
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">VitonŽ Fluoroelastomer
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">VitonŽ Fluoroelastomer Type
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">Military Specification
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Fractional Tube Size Outside Diameter
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">2"
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Durometer
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">Hard
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Durometer Shore
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">Shore A: 75
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Temperature Range
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">-15° to +400°F
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Color
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">Black
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">Specifications Met
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">Military Specification (MIL)
</td> </tr> <tr class="featValRow"> <td class="featureNameCell">MIL Specification
</td> <td class="featureValueCell">MIL-R-83248C
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </form> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

</td> </tr> <tr id="idsHiddenImgRow"> <td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>


And this is the "small" one right?

Kenbike 08-14-2011 08:23 PM

I was going to order via MacMaster Carr last Wednesday and they told me 2 weeks back order, hopefully that get in soon.

ktm 01-04-2012 02:14 AM

I broke mine while I was changing the filters, it was toasted. Then I've found a new travel mate: TEFLON, 10k km and still works great.

gefr 01-04-2012 11:14 AM

I believe you need fuel resistant orings.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenbike (Post 16624175)
I picked up some at a local hydrulic repair shop 2.5" x 1/8" and 2 3/8" x 1/8".

I doubt the hydraulic shop would have viton orings, but I could be wrong.
Cheers.

Werldcup 10-26-2012 07:53 PM

O Rings
 
Just bought a 10 pack of each of the Viton o-rings. Obviously don't need 10 of each. PM me if you're in need.

-Rondo

Zuber 10-27-2012 01:31 AM

no. xxx id od both 0.118 thick

928 1 3/4 2.090  2.326
932 2 2.337  2.573

looks like 928 would work for the smaller one if 932 was too difficult to jam in. Be sure to get the softer one (A75 vs A90).

dmn0507 10-27-2012 03:04 AM

I've always replaced only the inner one with a 59 x 3mm, regular ones, not viton.
They swell a little with gas, if you save the old one, after a while it goes back almost to its original size

Team_Navigator 10-27-2012 10:33 AM

Mine's totally gone after 'resting' the bike for 1.5year. Corroded o rings and stuff
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/28/u7u4yzum.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gefr 10-27-2012 03:07 PM

In SI dimensions
 
The orings are Viton orings ID=60mm thickness=3mm and ID=65mm thickness=3mm.
Cheers.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014