ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet. (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Cowbell Dualsport Enduro Oct 23, 2011 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=733756)

NWBoarder 10-14-2011 12:25 PM

Cowbell Dualsport Enduro Oct 23, 2011

Hey! There is another fun opportunity coming up for DS bikes.

Oct 23, 2011 The Cowbell Enduro will be for DS bikes this year.

I heard they are going back to their roots, and including street legal bikes.
I am thinking of attending, even though its not part of the enduro series.

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/d...bell_Flyer.pdf

Some of you will remember last year was mud fest at Walker valley. It will be interesting to see how well riders stay on their minute when you throw in pavement, gravel and single track... :D

From the Flyer:
Course
70+ miles of Pavement, Gravel and Single Track Trails
Difficulty is B class plus (1 course only) 3 or more Special Test
The Rider and Motorcycle MUST be street legal
Enduro style roll chart holder recommended (Navigation Only)
Not recommended for Twin Cylinder Motorcycles

Entry: $40

Sign-up: 7:00 AM
Riders Meeting: 8:30 AM
Start Time: 9:00 AM

For more information contact:
Lyle @ 360-738-0272
or
Darren @ 360-739-4470 or email (williamsdarrenc@msn.com)

WetSideRider 10-14-2011 01:04 PM

"Not Recommended for Twin Cylinder Motorcycles" :rofl

I'll damn sure bet it's not. Someone might disappear, never to be seen again.

I'm guessing this is an ISDE type format to discourage folks from trying to make up time on public roads. I'll also guess that the special tests might be designed to make you cry like a baby.

I bet I followed Lyle Duronso and others through some of the terrain planned for this way back in 1979. My tongue was hangin' out then, I don't dare try it now, the hardware is better but the software isn't (my software that is). Short bars might be a good idea.

I'm looking forward to a ride report.

NWBoarder 10-14-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetSideRider (Post 17076110)
"Not Recommended for Twin Cylinder Motorcycles" :rofl

I'll damn sure bet it's not. Someone might disappear, never to be seen again.

I'm guessing this is an ISDE type format to discourage folks from trying to make up time on public roads. I'll also guess that the special tests might be designed to make you cry like a baby.

I bet I followed Lyle Duronso and others through some of the terrain planned for this way back in 1979. My tongue was hangin' out then, I don't dare try it now, the hardware is better but the software isn't (my software that is). Short bars might be a good idea.

I'm looking forward to a ride report.

Sounds better already. :evil

I haven't heard anything about them using the ISDE vs. true Enduro format. But I hear what you are saying. :lol3

yondering 10-14-2011 03:22 PM

This sounds like a pretty cool event. I think I need a roll chart holder.

Dorian 10-14-2011 03:35 PM

Sounds like a good time

Methinks you are in for some F U N!

Lyle + Darren + Saxon = :evil

Looking forward to a ride report Whitney!

- Dorian :lurk

RickyBobby007 10-17-2011 09:32 AM

The Cowbell Dualsport Enduro sounds interesting. I've had the TE450 since May and still haven't made an Enduro on it. This could be my last chance for 2011. The flyer says roll chart for "navigation only," does that mean it's not a timekeeper? Anyway, Whitney, I may see you there. I'll try to get Iain to make it as well. -Paul

K7MDL 10-17-2011 03:46 PM

Should a person who has never ridden in any Enduro event before ride in this? Don't want to ruin the experience for people who know what they are doing or going for points.

2 rider skills levels for this question:
a. Decent trail and forest road on a 450 - been on many organized DS rides, trail and road, roll charts no problem
b. Novice trail skills, better forest road and street skills on a 450. Never used a roll chart before

Can the 2 above ride together and not clog up the works? Don't want to be the guys everyone remembers :-)

NWBoarder 10-17-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K7MDL (Post 17096391)
Should a person who has never ridden in any Enduro event before ride in this? Don't want to ruin the experience for people who know what they are doing or going for points.

2 rider skills levels for this question:
a. Decent trail and forest road on a 450 - been on many organized DS rides, trail and road, roll charts no problem
b. Novice trail skills, better forest road and street skills on a 450. Never used a roll chart before

Can the 2 above ride together and not clog up the works? Don't want to be the guys everyone remembers :-)

Here is my take.
I am not associated with this ride nor do I know the event organizers, or the terrain. So take this with a grain of salt. :D

With your experience you should be fine. I'm assuming you will be riding with your son. This will allow you to collaborate on timing and route finding.

I wouldn't think there would be as much "pressure to perform" since this is not part of the NMA Enduro Series. This may be a good way to get a taste of what enduro's are all about. And if you like it, definitely check out Dorian's PSER Beginner Enduro in the Spring! They give a quick PowerPoint presentation on what its all about.

As you may know, in Enduros 2 or 3 riders leave the start line (together) every minute, and the object is to arrive at unknown check points, on your minute. If you are early, you have "burned the check" 2 points for the first minute and 5 points for each additional minute early. 1 point for every minute late.

At every enduro I have participated in, they say at the riders meeting that if/when someone comes up behind you, "just let them by, because they have already beat you". (or they are about to burn their next check point :lol3).

NWBoarder 10-17-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyBobby007 (Post 17093740)
The Cowbell Dualsport Enduro sounds interesting. I've had the TE450 since May and still haven't made an Enduro on it. This could be my last chance for 2011. The flyer says roll chart for "navigation only," does that mean it's not a timekeeper? Anyway, Whitney, I may see you there. I'll try to get Iain to make it as well. -Paul

Cool! Lets keep in touch. Would love to ride with you.

Jackazz 10-17-2011 05:42 PM

I think I'm free Sunday and this event sounds casual and fun. Maybe I'll see you guys up there.

JA

NWBoarder 10-17-2011 10:06 PM

Hey RickyBobby,
Tell Iain the forecast is for rain.
He'll know what I mean. :D

Just wouldn't be the Cowbell without a little rain..

We were talking about the Supermoto day at PGP this weekend, and he said if it rains he would do the Cowbell instead. I totally agree, I got up close and personal with the asphalt :muutt yesterday at the Hareport Hare scramble, don't need to do that again. :deal

Enduroguy 10-18-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackazz (Post 17097331)
I think I'm free Sunday and this event sounds casual and fun. Maybe I'll see you guys up there.

JA

"Casual" :lol3:lol3 Did you happen to see the name Lyle on the flyer? :deal All I can say is eat your wheeties.

K7MDL 10-18-2011 02:08 PM

Hopefully there are bailout points for those of us who never liked Wheaties cereal :-)

guns_equal_freedom 10-18-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enduroguy (Post 17103011)
"Casual" :lol3:lol3 Did you happen to see the name Lyle on the flyer? :deal All I can say is eat your wheeties.

Are you going to ride it?
I'll bring my 530 if you bring yours. :lol3

Enduroguy 10-18-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom (Post 17104452)
Are you going to ride it?
I'll bring my 530 if you bring yours. :lol3

I'm sure thinking about it, 530 or knowing the guys putting this on maybe my wifes pampera might be a better tool. there is some good trail around saxon, they used t have hare scrambles out there and they were pretty demanding. Ok, 530 and a sandwich

Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:00 AM.