ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Thumpers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   LC4 Sprocket Choices (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73593)

GODSPEED 03-26-2005 10:42 PM

LC4 Sprocket Choices

In light of the recent chain thread, wondered what brand and kind of sprockets you all are using on your LC4's?

Thorny 03-27-2005 06:17 AM

I just ordered a set of steel front and rear sprockets for my 620 rxc. Paid 21 for the front 15t and 31 for the rear 45 tooth. Maybe more than I could have paid if I bought online but in light of my recent purchases online from some dealers and the fact that it took 2.5 weeks to get my stuff, I'll pay a few more dollars at the local dealer.

dagwood 03-27-2005 06:27 AM

Stock... from what I hear you can't go wrong with KTM sprokets.
all I hear about aftermarket is it's not worth the money$$$ or they're complete shit and stripp in a year.
Stick with good old OEM.

markjenn 03-27-2005 08:45 AM

God (I bet you like the sound of that),

I went with the OEM sprockets. They were about the same price as aftermarket and seem to be of good quality. KTM specifies steel front and alum rear. JT (and probably others) make a steel rear that is a little cheaper ($30 vs. $50). A friend of mine went this route, and while the thing should last until the next ice age, it was amazingly heavy - it didn't even have a single lightening hold drilled in it. He ended up drilling some holes on his own.

You didn't ask, but I'm running the stock 42 rear and the larger 17 front to keep the highway revs down. I've got a spare front 16, but I've felt little need for lower gearing off-road, even on a fair amount of single-track (e.g., Belfair).

- Mark

creeper 03-27-2005 11:24 AM

My sprockets are the originals, with 6K miles on them, and they look near new. Like Mark and Dag, I would not hesitate to use OEM sprockets as replacements when they finally do start to show signs of wear.
For that matter, the original chain shows little wear... I've adjusted it twice, and only a few screw flats at that, since new.

Happy Easter ladies... :bmwrider

ChrisC 03-27-2005 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creeper
Happy Easter ladies... :bmwrider

Happy "Jeebus is getting better" day, Uncle Creep :pope

creeper 03-27-2005 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisC
Happy "Jeebus is getting better" day, Uncle Creep :pope

And pass the ham and sweet 'taters please. :dg

Got the Cemoto flyin' for the occasion I see. :thumb

ChrisC 03-27-2005 11:54 AM

Took "Jeebus and his BST" down for the holiday....

creeper 03-27-2005 11:56 AM

Quote:

Took "Jeebus and his BST" down for the holiday....

Jeebus' Spanish thumb is fine... and Jeebus says "Mmmm good eats. Pass the sweet 'taters".

ChrisC 03-27-2005 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creeper
Jeebus' Spanish thumb is fine... and Jeebus says "Mmmm good eats. Pass the sweet 'taters".

Today is "extra frozen turkey from Xmas" day....woooohhhoooo! :freaky

creeper 03-27-2005 12:03 PM

Quote:

Today is "extra frozen turkey from Xmas" day....woooohhhoooo! :freaky

Right now is homemade eggs benidict with extra lemony hollandaise sauce. Tonight is the ham, sweet 'taters and corn on the cob.

Later... gota go eat! :wave

creeper 03-27-2005 12:58 PM

Mmmmm boy howdy... was that ever good eggs bendiction. Yum. :D

Drif10 03-27-2005 02:17 PM

After cooking the stock sprockets and chain off mine, I went to steel JT's front and rear, with a DID x-ring. Found that the ally rear wore out too fast. Just this minute in the process of replacing them with the same. Got about 7k miles on the set, with over half of that being offroad. Lots of muddy crap and single track. taking that into account I'm satisfied with the wear. They lasted last season, I can live wit dat.

I'd prolly get more life out of them if'n I was like Creeper, but life's too short for that. :D

creeper 03-27-2005 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drif10
I'd prolly get more life out of them if'n I was like Creeper, but life's too short for that. :D

I'd ask what you mean by that... but life is to short and I just don't care. :lol3

ChrisC 03-27-2005 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drif10

Drif inserts generic "Creep rides like old people fuck" statement here... :lol3

Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:45 PM.