ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   March Moto Madness, 3/29 - 4/1 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=752160)

frijole 02-15-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgiroux (Post 17997223)
I too would like to explore offroad, but will be on the big beasty. Frijole taught me how to pick it up several times on the WRT. :lol3

He rides better than me, so based on that can you recommend which "group" i should be in? Otherwise, me and the Wild Hogs (Blair and Dave) may go do some twisty's on pavement. :freaky

No worries, Rick...unless it's really wet:eek1

ride2little 02-15-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorfiets (Post 17997230)
you talking about that time out by short mountain?

EASY fellers. This is no time to pile-on. Is nothing sacred? :D

Kev95GS 02-15-2012 06:10 PM

LtDan knows where most of the trails are. Mike at Tellico Motorcycle Outfitters knows where they are because he and others in the area keep them cleared so they're passable. :super

Make sure to thank Mike for keeping the trails clear and for his support of MMM. He's provided some gift certificates again this year for door prizes. :clap

I'll probably take a group and do the forest service roads and the Dirt Dragon, Witt Rd with multiple water crossing, etc.

TroyJ650 02-15-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorfiets (Post 17997230)
you talking about that time out by short mountain?

:nod:thumb

I also remember you blasting down a ditch on that 800, throwing the bike around like it was a 125 mx'er. I thought me, you, and RTL were gonna wind up in a big pile at the bottom of the hill!

Motorfiets 02-15-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyJ650 (Post 17997703)
:nod:thumb

I also remember you blasting down a ditch on that 800, throwing the bike around like it was a 125 mx'er. I thought me, you, and RTL were gonna wind up in a big pile at the bottom of the hill!

yup..... one of my less finer moments! :norton

ihatefalling 02-15-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev95GS (Post 17996859)
I rode with R2L

on some dirt roads in the woods at CWMA and remember turning around to see where he was and getting my virgin glimpse of an 800 coming straight at me, gagging it into a two foot high wheelie and thinking "now that was pretty fughyn cool".:evil

Save IHF a seat at the campfire :D.

I'll be on my "new to me" plated TW200. I am still getting my dual sport adventure legs so I will probably ride with the twisties group. Looking forward to really ripping it up with you guys and straightening them curves :clap

Kev95GS 02-15-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatefalling (Post 17997948)
on some dirt roads in the woods at CWMA and remember turning around to see where he was and getting my virgin glimpse of an 800 coming straight at me, gagging it into a two foot high wheelie and thinking "now that was pretty fughyn cool".:evil

Save IHF a seat at the campfire :D.

I'll be on my "new to me" plated TW200. I am still getting my dual sport adventure legs so I will probably ride with the twisties group. Looking forward to really ripping it up with you guys and straightening them curves :clap

That's the campfire stuff! :thumb
Glad you're gonna make it! :beer
I gotta picture of me riding a TW backwards. :freaky

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._8256307_n.jpg

I may just bring the XT225. It's my smokin' hot wifes. :evil

Lookin forward to meetin the guys I haven't met yet.:ricky:slurp:freaky

Kev95GS 02-15-2012 07:33 PM

'Ya in, 'Ya out

Can I get a head count?
Chime in, registered or not, please.
And if you know of or plan to bring others that aren't on here.

TroyJ650 + 1
Motorfiets + 2
R2L
crpntr + 2
IHF
Blur
Frijole
LCDMex (aka) El Stigo
MrTwisty (t)
SScratch
Delta61
Kruser
Kev95GS
LtDan
Visian
Fe Man (t)
Rgiroux
Spotlight (t)
seJ LeFrew (t)
Slo Don
classyd + 1
Hawk
Blairbear
Ray
Loosesprocket
Chairman
Bajavet + 1

Motorfiets 02-15-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev95GS (Post 17998275)
Can I get a head count? Chime in, registered or not please.

1, 2 sound off 3, 4

ride2little 02-15-2012 07:55 PM

(giggle)

Registered.

IHF...rippin up the twisties on a TW? Dudeski, guess you'll be ridin sweep.
Glad you're going though.
You're kiddin about the TW. No?

Looking forward to it, men!

MrTwisty 02-16-2012 03:26 AM

Quote:

Can I get a head count? Chime in, registered or not please.

I've been lurking...watching this thread..thinking to myself "if I do go, should I ride up on Mad Max (my KTM 950) or trailer, yes I said trailer :huh, the DRZ?". Right now, I'm leaning toward Max because it sounds like there are going to be a lot of other beasts there for him to play with.

Count me as a maybe. I still need to see how some other things play out.

Kev95GS 02-16-2012 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTwisty (Post 17999863)
I've been lurking...watching this thread..thinking to myself "if I do go, should I ride up on Mad Max (my KTM 950) or trailer, yes I said trailer :huh, the DRZ?". Right now, I'm leaning toward Max because it sounds like there are going to be a lot of other beasts there for him to play with.

Count me as a maybe. I still need to see how some other things play out.

There will be other beasties to play with.
El Stigo is flyin in from Mexico to pick up a 950 in Woodstock then heading to MMM and plenty of the GS's there as well.

Hope things work out.

Sound off fellas, I know there's more

classyd 02-16-2012 05:31 AM

Place to overnight near airport?

I will be flying in from NYC with my buddies and renting bikes from Lt. Dan, and we thought it would be a good idea for us to fly back Monday morning so we have a chance to stay somewhere overnight where we can clean up after three days of camping and playing in the dirt:D. Would anyone have an idea whether there's some place close to Knoxville airport that would be suitable - doesn't have to be fancy as long as there's a shower. Right now it looks like there'll be three of us.

ride2little 02-16-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classyd (Post 18000261)
I will be flying in from NYC with my buddies and renting bikes from Lt. Dan, and we thought it would be a good idea for us to fly back Monday morning so we have a chance to stay somewhere overnight where we can clean up after three days of camping and playing in the dirt:D. Would anyone have an idea whether there's some place close to Knoxville airport that would be suitable - doesn't have to be fancy as long as there's a shower. Right now it looks like there'll be three of us.

Although the airport is a small one, there are plenty of places to stay nearby.
Hilton
HI Express
Courtyard
Comfort Suites

Search Alcoa. It's the town that the airport is nearest.
https://www.google.com/search?q=hote...ient=firefox-a

All of the West side of Knox is decent, with more places to stay, eat, etc. For that search Turkey Creek (not a town, but a 'burb within Knoxville). It's 15-20 minutes from the a/p.
https://www.google.com/search?q=hote...ient=firefox-a

frijole 02-16-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Can I get a head count?
Chime in, registered or not, please.
And if you know of or plan to bring others that aren't on here.

TroyJ650
Motorfiets
R2L
crpntr
IHF
Blur
Frijole
LCDMex (aka) El Stigo
MrTwisty (t)
SScratch
Delta61
Kev95GS
LtDan
Visian
Fe Man (t)
Rgiroux
Spotlight (t)
seJ LeFrew (t)

Blairbear will be there

Keep in mind there will be others coming that won't appear on this list because they are not adv inmates. Shame on them :))

Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:47 AM.