ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   2 smokers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Carrying two stroke oil on DualSport rides (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=759728)

Crawdaddy 01-27-2012 01:36 PM

Carrying two stroke oil on DualSport rides
 
Wally World comes through again. I was looking for a SMALL container to hold 2 stroke oil when out riding my 300 XC-W on Dual Sport loops longer than ~90 miles/shorter than ~150 miles. This bottle is clear on the side and calibrated by ounces between 2 and 6.....perfect. Invest $1.94, dump the crap oil in the recycle bin, and refill with Motorex. Now I have a handy/leak proof(?)/small/calibrated container designed to carry oil (rather than carrying a 1 liter Motorex bottle)....that'll free up a lot of room in my Mojavi Saddlebags!

What are you using?

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...6/IMAG0011.jpg

Pic taken along Bradshaw trail near Glamis North KOA. Come ride it with us in March (no street plate required) http://crawdadoffroadevents.com/core-calendar/view/22

peter650 01-28-2012 02:45 PM

baby bottle

dfeckel 01-28-2012 05:35 PM

Liquid Amoxicillin prescription bottle. Very leak proof, and it holds exactly enough for adding one gallon at a gas station. The DS rides I do are all less than 100 miles, and my 3.4 gallon IMS tank plus one extra gallon is plenty for the day.

sieg 01-28-2012 05:58 PM

Blood sample bottles.

Shocktower 01-29-2012 06:13 AM

I used the little 2oz bottles for years for my chain saws. BTW I noticed you live in Ramona my brother lives there, and I maybe soon :wink:

bones_708 01-30-2012 05:58 AM

I use metal fuel bottles, the kind for camping stoves and such

dougfromindy 01-30-2012 10:45 AM

I just use the small bottle that gets me a 5 gallon 50:1 mix.
I pour in half then add 2.5 gals at pump.

seasider 02-10-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawdaddy (Post 17848600)
Wally World comes through again. I was looking for a SMALL container to hold 2 stroke oil when out riding my 300 XC-W on Dual Sport loops longer than ~90 miles/shorter than ~150 miles. This bottle is clear on the side and calibrated by ounces between 2 and 6.....perfect. Invest $1.94, dump the crap oil in the recycle bin, and refill with Motorex. Now I have a handy/leak proof(?)/small/calibrated container designed to carry oil (rather than carrying a 1 liter Motorex bottle)....that'll free up a lot of room in my Mojavi Saddlebags!

What are you using?

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...6/IMAG0011.jpg

Pic taken along Bradshaw trail near Glamis North KOA. Come ride it with us in March (no street plate required) http://crawdadoffroadevents.com/core-calendar/view/22

Just bought that on your recommendation. Perfect. Just what I needed for my Kdx with stock tank. I have heard that the bottles from store bought perks work well too....

go2cnavy 03-03-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seasider (Post 17958679)
Just bought that on your recommendation. Perfect. Just what I needed for my Kdx with stock tank. I have heard that the bottles from store bought perks work well too....

To resurrect an old post...

A old Stabil bottle works well for shorter 2T rides when extra oil is needed.

KayAitch 03-04-2013 04:11 AM

I swallow a litre then piss it out when required. :D

imsroll 06-12-2013 11:46 AM

Personally i bring two of the metal sports water bottles from walmart, i fill one with 2.5 gallons worth of motul 800 and one with premixed gas to get me that extra few miles to a station should i need.

CousinLarry 06-18-2013 08:14 AM

I use this:

http://www.farmandhomesupply.com/med...atment-5oz.jpg

Cost $5 for the junk, poured it in the wife's car.. Holds enough oil for about 2.5gl, and I put marks on it for each gallon so I know what's going in.

Nice and thin, fits in my fender bag and there if I need it.

Electrified 09-03-2013 06:20 PM

Thinking about taking my 250 on a 750 mile DS ride. Have a 5 gallon fuel tank and am going to try and carry 2 liters in a MSR Deluxe Dromedary Bag.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ayuj80HZL.jpg

Have never tried that long of a DS ride on my 2 stroke. Stupid idea??

dhallilama 09-03-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrified (Post 22247801)
Thinking about taking my 250 on a 750 mile DS ride. Have a 5 gallon fuel tank and am going to try and carry 2 liters in a MSR Deluxe Dromedary Bag.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ayuj80HZL.jpg

Have never tried that long of a DS ride on my 2 stroke. Stupid idea??

stupid idea? hell no! sounds like a blast to me!

i used to carry a quart of premix oil & a spare tube in one of those travel bags one would put toiletries and such in, strapped to my front fender. ran hundreds of hard desert miles like that, just fine.

Sniper X 09-04-2013 08:27 AM

I used to carry it in a couple baby (plastic) bottles bungies under the seat. They are graduated so you can do the right mix without having to wait till you have to fill up, and have a lid that won't leak.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014