ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   ABATE Motorcycle Classes (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760127)

BARB 01-29-2012 06:41 AM

ABATE Motorcycle Classes

The sign-ups are open! Go to www.abateofalaska.com and click the red star on the main page. Classes start the last weekend of April. Summer is on the way. Thanks, Barb

marbee40 01-30-2012 09:49 PM

Barb,
Any idea when Valley ABATE will post their schedule??? Trying to get Junior signed up and running him into Anchor-town for classes is a tad bit inconvenient!

J

BARB 01-31-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marbee40 (Post 17874123)
Barb,
Any idea when Valley ABATE will post their schedule??? Trying to get Junior signed up and running him into Anchor-town for classes is a tad bit inconvenient!

J

Probably another week or so. You can always call the shop and ask Joanne, her husband runs the valley program. Thanks, Barb

marbee40 02-09-2012 12:08 AM

They posted the Valley ABATE sched 1st of Feb. Thanks!
Jim

Drunk_Uncle 02-10-2012 07:29 AM

Unfortunately no ERC classes available.

BARB 02-10-2012 08:01 AM

The erc's posted at the same time as the basic. Just click on the sign up button-then pick experienced riders course. Thanks, Barb

BARB 06-07-2012 06:39 AM

bump

marbee40 06-07-2012 12:42 PM

Just a quick comment in support of said "bump"...

Jr completed BRC a few weeks ago out in the valley. Great class facilitated by two friendly and knowledgeable instructors. I observed both range days from afar and also spent a few breaks talking to both instructors and students. I'm impressed that the program is much improved over recent years. I'm also impressed with quality control. If you don't pass, you don't pass. (Yes, Jr passed). Unfortunately a student conducted an epic fail during the final testing and was asked to leave/no certificate. He was invited to attend the course again in the near future. Thankfully the only thing hurt was the student's pride. Anyhow, I'm very satisfied with both the instruction and integrity of the instructors!

Just my .02!
J

AlaskanMudder 06-07-2012 03:25 PM

You cant just leave it like that.... What did he do? Inquiring minds want to know!

subybaja 06-07-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marbee40 (Post 18859838)
Unfortunately a student conducted an epic fail during the final testing and was asked to leave/no certificate. He was invited to attend the course again but not anytime soon. Thankfully the only thing hurt was the student's pride. Anyhow, I'm very satisfied with both the instruction and integrity of the instructors!

Just my .02!
J

How's that work? :huh Isn't the BRC training as well as testing? It'd have to be epic indeed for the teacher of a paid training course to say "You're outta here- I'm not teaching you any more!"

I guess if you run over the instructor...or get mouthy...

BARB 06-07-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subybaja (Post 18861914)
How's that work? :huh Isn't the BRC training as well as testing? It'd have to be epic indeed for the teacher of a paid training course to say "You're outta here- I'm not teaching you any more!"

I guess if you run over the instructor...or get mouthy...

If you drop the bike during the final test, it's an automatic fail. He or she is allowed a retest after a 1 week wait period. Barb

subybaja 06-08-2012 05:40 PM

:baldy. "during final testing". Yeah, I missed that part. Makes sense.

Brendon@TMS 06-08-2012 05:47 PM

I've had so many customers come back from this class super excited, praising how much fun they had! Thanks for putting the classes on!

marbee40 06-12-2012 12:26 AM

MSF would look kinda silly (and legally liable) if they tossed them out into the world with a card after a student dumps a bike in testing.

Yeah, I know, $275 and "Sorry, bub" sure sucks. Better than "Oh, no big deal! Here's your card". Sometimes the truth hurts less than a lie. Sometimes it cost's only $275 for someone to save your life. The MSF Instructor's are facilitators.....:evil

As for what happened: Too much speed, too much front brake "grab", and VIOLA...you're doing combat rolls across the pavement. Don't worry, the bike was only slightly damaged.

Jim

BARB 08-13-2012 08:22 AM

Classes will run through mid September, openings every weekend. Barb

Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:59 AM.