ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shiny things (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   World of Tanks (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760178)

OConnor 01-29-2012 10:58 AM

World of Tanks

Yes I know it's mixed into the "addicts" thread but I thought it may deserve its own so I could keep it straight.
Anyway, just downloaded the game today after hearing good things about it. I'm looking for advice on which lines/tanks are worthwhile. I picked up the Tetrarch code so I may start with that one first.

ADVtankers and their WoT Call-signs...

OConnor - Irsh
tattewell - tattewell
MN Smurf - MN_Smurf
crashman44b - crashman44b
SkidMarx - Skidmarx
Switchblade315 - Switchblade315
Smithy - smithyADV
papalobster - papalobster or KDXwrestler
AKjeff - AKjeff
Hodag - Lord_Vader_Hodag
Rafiki - ADVRafiki
Boughan - Boughan
Flood - Fl00d (Euro server)
nitrox32 - Nitroxx32
brewer90 - brewer90
FPGT72 - FPGT72
UngaWunga - UngaWunga
Mambo Dave - SpearFisher or Corbon_HydraShock
Stogie - StogieADV
SteelJM1 - SteelJM1
Cat0020 - Cat0020[155th] or Que_Pasa
chacha - Hyper7
timk519 - RecoilNorth
Czechsix - Cz6
Ebein - Ebein
AllenTC2 - ClownSix
janeuner - Getsome
newcastleadam - newcastleadam
Bodwick - Bodwick
Roam - HeavyIndustry
Wallybob - Wallybobber
Barike - Barike
frecks - furgal
rjbergen - rjbergen
OLDNX - OLDNX
vwboomer - suiciderush
JustGreg - JG_ADV
Geek - TopGeek
Hayaku - Koyangi
Big Bird 928 - BigBird928
catweasel67 - Wallhugger (Euro server)
justjarrod - jaegergeist
PBG - P_B_G
Coloradocajun72 - Coloradocajun72
Christeon - Christeon
Curgin - Curgin
Hozukimaru - Hozukimaru
Ratski - RatskiMann
nwcycle - Rocket226
Damage - IMANOOBY
scanda - ronpaul
Theaty Hannington - TheatyHannington
Johnny Bouncewell - Climbhard13
hscrugby - hscRUGBY
Grainbelt - Grainbelt
C.John - c_j_r_o
WF Jester -WF_Jester
thechickencow - Jay1441
Dysco -Dysco
Hondo - Rik_0_Shay
zuk16l - TGaines1202
Callahan71 - inmyhouse
Audaciter - Audaciter675
Vermillionx - Drifter41
coop74 - bigcoop74
Mike.Gail - TiberiusSulla
Hayaku - Koyangi
we3 - Grb_Duck
SoCalSV - Compugeek5150
a65l - a65l
DomEOD - DomEOD
JonU - JonathanU
SlideSideways - SlideSideways
Sporkster - The_spork
Kamanya - Kamanya
IdahoRenegade - IdahoRenegade

We also usually have a ADV channel running for chat PW is fyyff. It only lasts a few days so if you search on ADV and nothing comes up just create a new one. Channel=ADV PW=fyyff

If I got any wrong (spelling or case) or missed anyone shoot me a PM. I'll be trying to ping everyone so I may catch it myself...

Geek's ADV TS Server:

http://topgeek.smugmug.com/photos/i-...-teamspeak.jpg

I hope this helps - good luck!

NICO 01-29-2012 11:11 AM

I'm gonna need a little more info, please. No, I don't wanna Google. :lol3

OConnor 01-29-2012 12:55 PM

http://worldoftanks.com/

It's a multi-player online game. It looks like it could be good, and it's free to play.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/47ydxe5bDYE?version=3&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

MN_Smurf 01-29-2012 02:09 PM

I found the Tet tough to play....just didn't suit my style. It can be a pretty tough tank in the right hands, though. I've been killed by enough of them. I'd build up all the Tier I tanks to elite and then see which direction you want to go. I'm playing primarily US right now, but I do have a Pz38t and a T-26 in my rotation.

Edit: If you end up finding that you don't like the Tet, it's worth 150K when sold.

OConnor 01-29-2012 02:11 PM

Found a code for a T-127. Moving up in the world. :freaky

Link to code thread: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...as-t-127-code/

SteelJM1 01-29-2012 03:17 PM

Haven't played in a few weeks but I'm going the russian tank destroyer route. Patience is the name of the game with those.

OConnor 01-29-2012 05:26 PM

Tried each tank once. The Tet worked well. We won with three of us left and I took out the last tank making three kills. I like it! :D

MN_Smurf 01-30-2012 03:40 AM

I've been playing for about a month, and if there's one thing I learned, there are tanks that that fit you and tanks you just can't figure out. For the standard tanks, though, make sure you play them long enough to fully upgrade them and then decide whether or not you want to keep playing it. Upgrades make all the difference in the world. I've got about 80 battles on my M37. 5 battles in, I thought about tossing it on the scrap heap. Now, with an 85% crew and a bunch of experience under my belt, I like playing it, especially when I one shot a PzKpfw III Ausf. A when he's running at full speed from halfway across the map.....:evil

tattewell 01-30-2012 05:24 AM

Im hooked on that game even though it pisses me off most days. This thread is still full of sunshine and roses though as nobody has even mentioned the match maker yet.

my account name is the same as my ADV profile.

You cant find me because im running the European client which unfortunatelly is not the same...

MN_Smurf 01-30-2012 06:24 AM

Yeah, I was in some bad ones yesterday.....something on the order of a 2-20 run early in the day because of either all Rambo teams on my side, bad match-ups or both. Made up for it later though by being on the good side of 8 or 10 ROFLstomps. Was in one match that ended up 15-1, and for once, I wasn't the 1.....

My account name is the same as my ADV name as well. If anybody sees me on and wants to low tier platoon (I'm grinding crews hard on Tier III right now), just ping me. tattewell, do you ever have a good enough connection to play on the NA server?

OConnor 01-30-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tattewell (Post 17867180)
Im hooked on that game even though it pisses me off most days. This thread is still full of sunshine and roses though as nobody has even mentioned the match maker yet.

my account name is the same as my ADV profile.

I have noted things can be a bit lopsided at times. Seems mostly the wrong way too, but it's still fun.

SJSharkfan 01-30-2012 11:30 AM

not for Mac

I was all pumped up to get WoT but found out its not for Mac.:cry I could do the boot camp/windows thing,but I'm not going there!

Guess I'll just have to go back to work.

(btw all the mac haters don't have to point out I should have got a PC)

tattewell 01-30-2012 11:43 AM

I would have a Mac if you could game with them... not a hater though.

OConnor 01-30-2012 06:10 PM

I've got 250,000 credits and am ready to move up from the T2. Any advice? Thought about selling the T127 and going with a M4 derivative (M4A3E2?) or splitting it on a M7 Priest and a T40 to try something new...
How are the tiers broken up for battle?

OConnor 01-30-2012 08:26 PM

Nevermind, I see I have to crawl before I can walk. Picked up an M2.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:40 AM.