ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Just crashed while wearing my SaferMotoMLS Airvest/Motoport Excellent results (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769827)

TallRob 03-04-2012 02:29 PM

Just crashed while wearing my SaferMotoMLS Airvest/Motoport Excellent results
 
Actually its an MLV vest.........sorry for the typo.
I cannot stress enough how amazing this safety product is. I was going a wee bit fast (over 55 mph) out of an up hill turn and the rear end came around on me. I slid on my back and before hit the ground it went of and I have to say it feels like your on an air matteress nearly totally removed from whats going on below you. Surprisingly there was NO and wear on it. Frankly, I dont get it. I was also wearing Motoport Air Mesh gear and it did its job. Its showing moderate wear and it will return to Wayne ASAP for repair.
Because of the vests neck brace my helmet did not hit the ground. I got up, I had felt zero shock to the body....I fell the same way many years ago wearing only tourmaster gear and I was laid up for 3 months going slower and I couldnt move my neck for much longer...

Motoport is 10/10
SaferMotor is 10/10~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :clap

Navy Chief 03-04-2012 02:51 PM

Good to hear you are okay and that your gear performed well in the accident, how did your bike fare?

ikonoklass 03-04-2012 02:58 PM

Fantastic news. What a great time to be a motorcyclist.

TallRob 03-04-2012 03:16 PM

Im adding it up. The GSG crash fork bungs and SW MOTECH crash bars saved me a ton of cash!. I need a new indicator light, hand gard and side bag and a screw knob off my adjustable windshield that just popped off. Plus replacing the crashbar and fork crash bung .
So, im guessing between $800 and $900 for hardware. IM sending my Motoport gear to get touched up. I have no Idea what that will cost. But I think I got away insanely lucky!Having the right gear is worth it, I tell ya!

:evil
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navy Chief (Post 18135489)
Good to hear you are okay and that your gear performed well in the accident, how did your bike fare?


vortmax 03-04-2012 05:28 PM

Good to know the vest worked, Santa brought me one this last Xmas.

levain 03-04-2012 06:26 PM

First off, that is awesome that it worked as well as hoped.:clap:clap:clap

Secondly, you almost sold me on this product that has been on the radar for awhile, so, is it this one?

-how much air does it block? If it's the one linked, it looks like the best to go for if summer ventilation is a concern.
-so you're saying that the vest did not pop and actually had some decent abrasion resistance?

GB 03-04-2012 08:04 PM

Are the CO2 cartridges proprietary or are they the same ones used in the tire repair kits? I see some are 30cc, some 50cc and some 60cc.

I've had this vest on my radar for some time.. glad you weren't hurt and it worked as intended.

PhotoBiker 03-04-2012 08:20 PM

Never heard about this company or technology before, thanks for bringing it up and glad to hear you are OK.

I googled the company and checked out their site, it looks like they canceled their youtube account as none of the videos on their video page are valid anymore, I'm trying to figure out how this all works.

TallRob 03-04-2012 09:22 PM

It Popped well bofore I hit the ground!,,,,,,,,,,,,,it worked and it was awesome!
:D[
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Williams (Post 18136899)
First off, that is awesome that it worked as well as hoped.:clap:clap:clap

Secondly, you almost sold me on this product that has been on the radar for awhile, so, is it this one?

-how much air does it block? If it's the one linked, it looks like the best to go for if summer ventilation is a concern.
-so you're saying that the vest did not pop and actually had some decent abrasion resistance?


TallRob 03-04-2012 09:24 PM

as far as I know they are the same you can get at any marine store.
Quote:

Originally Posted by GB (Post 18137672)
Are the CO2 cartridges proprietary or are they the same ones used in the tire repair kits? I see some are 30cc, some 50cc and some 60cc.

I've had this vest on my radar for some time.. glad you weren't hurt and it worked as intended.


wanna bECO 03-04-2012 09:32 PM

:lurk

byways 03-04-2012 09:50 PM

This thread may save lives.

TallRob 03-04-2012 10:24 PM

Listen as a far as far as know the 60 cc canister are available at Safermoto.com or your local marine store.

_cy_ 03-04-2012 10:50 PM

where's the pic's?

Thinc2 03-05-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TallRob (Post 18135353)
Actually its an MLV vest.........sorry for the typo.
I cannot stress enough how amazing this safety product is. I was going a wee bit fast (over 55 mph) out of an up hill turn and the rear end came around on me. I slid on my back and before hit the ground it went of and I have to say it feels like your on an air matteress nearly totally removed from whats going on below you. Surprisingly there was NO and wear on it. Frankly, I dont get it. I was also wearing Motoport Air Mesh gear and it did its job. Its showing moderate wear and it will return to Wayne ASAP for repair.
Because of the vests neck brace my helmet did not hit the ground. I got up, I had felt zero shock to the body....I fell the same way many years ago wearing only tourmaster gear and I was laid up for 3 months going slower and I couldnt move my neck for much longer...

Motoport is 10/10
SaferMotor is 10/10~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :clap

I had a similar experience last year. Going much slower, maybe 25 mi./h, the front end slipped out in a corner. I was wearing exactly the same gear as tall Rob, and had exactly the same results. Wasn't shaken up at all, no signs of damage to the air vest, and actually no damage to the Moto port gear. Helmet did not hit the ground. My bike slid across the road and into a ditch, and I had to repair the frame for the pannier which broke.

Jim, I wear the vest every day, but again, it doesn't get all that hot where I live. My impression is it stops all airflow to your body, so it does make you significantly warmer, and I suspect will make a big difference in hot temperatures. I think I would struggle to wear it if it was hot outside, say over 80.

Tall Rob, glad to hear you're okay.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014