ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Latin America (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Turn in TVIP in Tecate? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782663)

stormdog 04-17-2012 08:43 AM

Turn in TVIP in Tecate?

This question came up a while back. Sorry if it has already been discussed.
I asked at the Banco while paying for my touriste card when I passed through Tecate heading South a few weeks ago and the answer is no.
The man in the bank said in Baja only Mexicali and Tijuana could cancel out a TVIP.

markharf 04-17-2012 09:38 AM

That was correct a couple of years ago. The banjercito website listed one in Tacate, but it had been closed. I took a side trip to Mexicali to cancel my permit. Even there you'll find a couple of crossings but only one has a banjercito.

Mark

stormdog 04-17-2012 10:23 AM

Correct you want the truck crossing to the East of town stay to the left of the main one way road to the border crossing and go to the little keiosk in the parking lot

Quote:

Originally Posted by markharf (Post 18478260)
That was correct a couple of years ago. The banjercito website listed one in Tacate, but it had been closed. I took a side trip to Mexicali to cancel my permit. Even there you'll find a couple of crossings but only one has a banjercito.

Mark

GoinPostal 04-26-2012 01:29 PM

In Tijuana the GPS co ordinates are.... 32.540184, -117.031420
The only places in Baja to turn them in TJ and Mexicali. After turning them in, we headed over to Tecate to cross the border, much quicker.

rockymountainoyster 04-24-2013 07:12 PM

TVIP in Tecate

The Banjercito office at the La Paz Mazatlan Ferry sez that yes you can turn in your TVIP at Tecate but only between 8AM and 4PM. I a planning to do that on Friday 4/26. Will let you know how that goes.

David

GoinPostal 04-24-2013 07:31 PM

Tvip

The Banjercito Office in connected to the Immigration Building, just north of the doorway to enter Immigration. It is the building with the the round front. When we were there, we had to stand outside the building and get the man's attention thru the window.

rockymountainoyster 04-27-2013 08:46 AM

Cancel TVIP in Tecate

This was pretty much as GoingPostal has said. The customs/immigration/and Banjercito are all together in a building to the East of the road that leads to the crossing into the US. This building is located, naturally enough, right where you enter Mexico. There was a long line to get into the US, I went to the front of that line and asked the soldier where the Banjercito office was. He directed me the wrong way on a one way street but no one seemed to get too exercised about that. You do indeed have to walk up to the window of the half round office and knock to get the attention of the staff. The first guy I talked to told me that they could not cancel a TVIP there. I explained that I had called the main office and they told me that I could. He went into the back and another guy came out and said that first I had to go to customs and they would look at the bike and sign off and then I would bring the document back to Banjercito. Both officials took photos of my VIN stamped papers and off I went. I was allowed to go right to the front of the line to enter the US and was asked a few friendly questions by our ICE guys and I was back in the US.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:37 AM.