ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Americas (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Ever not get a bid from uShip? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=796018)

JustRon 06-01-2012 10:34 AM

Ever not get a bid from uShip?
 
I've gotten quotes on uShip in the past, and they are usually pretty quick. I put in for a quote last night, and haven't heard anything. It's not like I'm shipping to/from remote places (Dallas area to NYC) where no one travels. I tried it with a price I'd like to pay, and "accept all bids"... not a single one.

Is that odd?

R-W 06-18-2013 09:33 AM

Same for me. I shipped 7 bikes on Uship from 2009 through June 2012 with great service from shippers and tons of bids. I just listed a bike to be moved from Phoenix, AZ to Memphis, TN. 2 days... no bids.

I asked for bids. I did not set a "ship for price" as their website now recommends. Did it that way for years. I think their new format sucks!

Assfault 06-18-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRon (Post 18815089)
I've gotten quotes on uShip in the past, and they are usually pretty quick. I put in for a quote last night, and haven't heard anything. It's not like I'm shipping to/from remote places (Dallas area to NYC) where no one travels. I tried it with a price I'd like to pay, and "accept all bids"... not a single one.

Is that odd?

It sounds like nobody is willing to do the job for your price.
That price may be to low, gas prices are $4.50 in Chicago right now.
Looks like you need to up your amount. Not odd at all.

cardoctor1 06-18-2013 04:33 PM

when i shipped my bike last winter fla to pa. didnt get many offers until i upgraded my listing .think it cost $14.95 which you get back if you use the service.

R-W 06-19-2013 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardoctor1 (Post 21674830)
when i shipped my bike last winter fla to pa. didnt get many offers until i upgraded my listing .think it cost $14.95 which you get back if you use the service.

3 days, no bids. Just paid to upgrade my listing and we shall see.

I used to get 3-4 bids instantly when I placed a listing (all high $)
then within 24 hours would get 3-4 more from independent haulers that
were far less $. Had great service from those smaller/one truck guys.

a2ronm 06-20-2013 08:01 AM

I posted a shipment from Charleston SC to Tacoma WA, after 2 weeks I got no bids. Ended up booking with my AMA discount on FunTransport/Allied, which cost me about the same as my UShip shipment Charleston SC to Las Vegas NV shipment 2 years earlier.

Be realistic in you UShip pricing and have a backup plan ready.....

lmychajluk 06-20-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-W (Post 21678407)
...Had great service from those smaller/one truck guys.

Not for nuthin', but have you ever watched 'Shipping Wars'?

I used uShip to get a boat from FL to NJ. Got a good price, but there was some 'creative scheduling' on his part, and when he got to NJ and I saw the trailer that the guy used to move my boat, I will never again use a shipper that I don't have a personal recommendation for.

R-W 06-21-2013 08:20 AM

Day 5 of my Uship listing - 1 bike from Phoenix, AZ to Memphis, TN.

No bids first 3 days. Day 4 I upgraded my listing and paid the $9 fee.
This AM I got my first bids as follows...

$949 - Open Transport (2 weeks for delivery)
$945 - Closed Transport (3 weeks for delivery)
$899 - Open Transport (3-4 weeks for delivery)

And a 4th shipper that sent me a message and said he could put my bike
in the back of his pickup truck and have it to me in a week or less for...
$750. :eek1

??? Are you kidding me. I shipped 2 bikes on this same route last
year for $425 and $450. Both off Uship in enclosed trailers. What are
they all smoking???

(and please don't chime in and tell me "gas and diesel have gone up")
Not THAT much.

Must have all adjusted their rates upwards in preparation for Obamacare. :rofl

andy29847 06-21-2013 08:30 AM

rates
 
I just used uship to get a bike from east Texas to South Carolina. My cost was ~$425. The guy that picked up my bike was towing boats, so my bike went in the back of his truck. He delivered at least 3 boats during the trip where he got my bike, so I expect (and rightfully so) he made a little money. Here is his info if you want to try to contact him directly:

Service provider: northgahauling
Name: paul coles
Email address: p86bmw@hotmail.com

R-W 06-21-2013 08:33 AM

Thanks Andy!

The 2 guys I had used on Uship last year are both now retired so I
lost my personal bike ship contacts.

Much appreciated! :freaky

Scubalong 06-21-2013 09:13 AM

Might be the same guy
 
This might be the same guy haul my GS from Oklahoma to Cali for $680 The name sound familiar.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy29847 (Post 21694574)
I just used uship to get a bike from east Texas to South Carolina. My cost was ~$425. The guy that picked up my bike was towing boats, so my bike went in the back of his truck. He delivered at least 3 boats during the trip where he got my bike, so I expect (and rightfully so) he made a little money. Here is his info if you want to try to contact him directly:

Service provider: northgahauling
Name: paul coles
Email address: p86bmw@hotmail.com


ubermick 09-26-2014 11:30 AM

Bit of thread necromancy, but the same crap is happening to me. Trying to get bids on shipping an F650 twin from Northern Virginia to the SF Bay Area, and goddamn nothing. Posted it up on uship THREE TIMES and not one bid. For all the folks who seem to recommend using it, I'm finding it about as much use as a one legged man in an arse kicking competition.

Marine By Choice 09-26-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-W (Post 21694520)
Day 5 of my Uship listing - 1 bike from Phoenix, AZ to Memphis, TN.

No bids first 3 days. Day 4 I upgraded my listing and paid the $9 fee.
This AM I got my first bids as follows...

$949 - Open Transport (2 weeks for delivery)
$945 - Closed Transport (3 weeks for delivery)
$899 - Open Transport (3-4 weeks for delivery)

And a 4th shipper that sent me a message and said he could put my bike
in the back of his pickup truck and have it to me in a week or less for...
$750. :eek1

??? Are you kidding me. I shipped 2 bikes on this same route last
year for $425 and $450. Both off Uship in enclosed trailers. What are
they all smoking???

(and please don't chime in and tell me "gas and diesel have gone up")
Not THAT much.

Must have all adjusted their rates upwards in preparation for Obamacare. :rofl

They must have heard about the effort(s) to get $15/hour minimum wage!

antirich5 09-26-2014 06:48 PM

Same here, tried to get shipment from nj/ny to San Diego. Left it up for 30 days and nothing but some $1200 auto bids.

I think the deadline was the biggest turnoff; shippers don't like them.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014