ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Day Trippin' (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Jax' mediocre photo thread, a general waste of time. (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=803267)

JaxObsessed 06-26-2012 01:11 AM

Jax' mediocre photo thread, a general waste of time.

Jax' (Jack's) mediocre moto/photo thread, a general waste of time.

Greetings all. I'm Jack. Welcome to my thread. :freaky

I'm not a good photographer by any means, but I am prolific!!! :rofl This boy knows how to push a button!! I don't write particularly well either, so form no expectations in that arena!!

Jaxwife: Do you really need another photo of your motorcycle?
Jax: What do you think? You are the one who called me obsessed.

In about .5 hours, I am beginning a 7500 mile ride. This part should be in ride reports, but the Western North American Continental Divide has been done definitively by Col. Cannonshot and others..... Soooooo I'll just use this ride to bust out this mediocre thread!!:lol3

H14's Continental Divide Ride report..... SOME GREAT STUFF HERE!> From a friend who rode the Divide with me.

The CDR ride report starts on page 11 post 155.

I am one of the luckiest human beings who ever lived!

The machine of choice for the ride:
http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/IMG_0627.jpg

"Stuff I Like" Begins page 33 post 490

Hope you enjoy this stuff as much as I do!!! :thumb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had so much fun riding and posting photos on ADV that it has become a large portion of what I do to have fun. Here are some other threads I started. Mt Saint Helens Low Country SC and Michaux Pennsylvania State Forest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

av_mech 06-26-2012 03:25 AM

Finally venturing out from Michaux?! Just kidding, I know you ride other places too. Glad you're starting another thread.

Who are you going with on your divide ride? There is a guy from Missouri on a Tiger 800XC named Josh that is doing a very similar ride at the same time. He is fbj913 on here.

You aren't getting close to Boise are ya? I'm pretty sure I asked you that already, but I forgot. Anyways, if you are in the vicinity over a weekend, maybe I can ride out and spend a night around the campfire with you. :freaky

REAPER_ONE 06-26-2012 04:05 AM

Jax I'll be following. My advice is take too many pictures and if you can't post every night... Do a diary of the day's events. If you wait until you get back... You will be scratching your head "where did I take the photo?"

Motoranch 06-26-2012 04:16 AM

:lurk Wishing you all safe travels. Waiting for photos.

jdrocks 06-26-2012 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSA_PILOT (Post 18994355)
If you wait until you get back... You will be scratching your head "where did I take the photo?"

he's got a new camera with the tagging feature, saw it with my own eyes, now if he can just bring it back home in working condition.

that's the last clean bike photo for a month. safe travels Jack, keep it right side up.

Scotty P 06-26-2012 04:35 AM

See ya in Pie Town Jack!!! Be safe my man.:wave

prometheus rising 06-26-2012 04:39 AM

:thumb:thumb I'm In, have a blast and take plenty of pics

T 06-26-2012 05:16 AM

Jack,

May the road rise up to meet you, the sun shine warm upon your face, the wind be always at your back, and your hangovers go away by 9:00am.....:D

Until we meet again, Ride Safe.

Tom

XC Rider 06-26-2012 05:32 AM

Bike looks good Jack. :thumb

Safe travels, and you boys have fun storming the castle! :D

PS. I've got to say though, that camp chair on the back may be a bit excessive, but then again it could come in handy for....:jkam
After all, you need some creature comforts of home every now and then when on the road.

PPS. Lovin' that you're sporting the Cat Herders colors! (If I see correctly there by the ADV sticker).

lakota 06-26-2012 05:58 AM

Jax
Ride safe. I"ll be following this thread and hopefully I'll see you out there.

I'll be leaving about 7Pm Thursday

EOD3MC 06-26-2012 06:02 AM

Looking forward to catching up to you....good luck :clap

LadyDraco 06-26-2012 06:27 AM

Safe and Happy trails Jack !!! Enjoy the ride !!! :ricky

And +1 what Lance said ...
On long trips I use a little log book and write down the highlights...
Nothing long just a jot down... Of thoughts from the days ride..
Sometimes it's just things I saw ...
Like once in ND.. I saw a Black Footed ferret :eek1!!!
And a Fisher in Sequoia :nod .

goosecreek 06-26-2012 07:05 AM

Have a great time . Looking forward to following along .

H14 06-26-2012 07:06 AM

Hey Jack can I dump my crappy pics of the CDR trip in here? It will only make yours look that much better.:deal

WayneJ 06-26-2012 07:35 AM

Looking forward to seeing some mediocre moto/photos of a few Continental Divide markers. :nod

:D

:lurk

Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:39 PM.