ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Face plant (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Lakota version of motorcycle acrobatics (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=806261)

lakota 07-06-2012 11:27 AM

Lakota version of motorcycle acrobatics

Lakota has entered the revered ranks of those who have and those who will on the side of those who have. Photo shows bike after the crash, but before the bike was strapped back together and he rode 60 miles to the emergency room in Deming NM. Ct scan showed bleeding on the brain. After transport to El Paso and improvement in bleeding he continues in ICU awaiting clearance to head home. Contrary to a lot of face plants he has no one to blame but himself.http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...704_094858.jpg

FirstPath 07-06-2012 11:41 AM

Looks like his front got caught up in some thick sand. Hope he bounces back quickly....

Scott in Shoreview
'79 Suzuki GS550

GoGoGavin41 07-06-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakota (Post 19070692)
Lakota has entered the revered ranks of those who have and those who will on the side of those who have. Photo shows bike after the crash, but before the bike was strapped back together and he rode 60 miles to the emergency room in Deming NM. Ct scan showed bleeding on the brain. After transport to El Paso and improvement in bleeding he continues in ICU awaiting clearance to head home. Contrary to a lot of face plants he has no one to blame but himself.http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...704_094858.jpg

I see no tire tracks between what I think is a GoPro on the far right, all the way past the left pannier to where the bike sits. Please don't tell me the bike flew over that distance :waysad

gbmaz 07-06-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakota (Post 19070692)
Lakota has entered the revered ranks of those who have and those who will on the side of those who have. Photo shows bike after the crash, but before the bike was strapped back together and he rode 60 miles to the emergency room in Deming NM. Ct scan showed bleeding on the brain. After transport to El Paso and improvement in bleeding he continues in ICU awaiting clearance to head home. Contrary to a lot of face plants he has no one to blame but himself.

Did the crash cause him to start speaking in the third person, or is this someone else posting for him?:D

That is a seriously scary looking crash site. I am amazed the rider was able to pull things back together and ride to the hospital. Best wishes for a fast recovery.

Wuwei 07-06-2012 12:34 PM

Yowser! That looks nasty, Heel well and soon. You were a long way from Annapolis.

lakota 07-06-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbmaz (Post 19071128)
Did the crash cause him to start speaking in the third person, or is this someone else posting for him?:D.

Jairlie posted the original with my login:lol3

Scott_PDX 07-06-2012 01:19 PM

Wow. Good distribution on the "Yard Sale". Hope things work out good for your brains :D.

Seriously, hope you make a quick and painless recovery and can get out there and not let those roads beat ya.

Hack 07-06-2012 01:24 PM

Looks scary. You ok Mr. Marty?

VACommuter 07-06-2012 01:48 PM

Hope you are ok. Looks like a WV yard sale.

VAC

tcourdin 07-06-2012 01:52 PM

Thats a bummer, I was just reading your ride report today and saw that crash. I hope your friend gets well soon!

NJ-Brett 07-06-2012 02:38 PM

Big heavy overloaded bikes at high speed in the sand does not always work out so well....

Now you have a good reason to act really odd, like riding big heavy overloaded bikes in the sand too fast...

jdrocks 07-07-2012 09:34 AM

lakota, hope you have a quick recovery. MedJet going to fly you home?

i've had my own problems on those western roads, was down 5 times in 3 days last year, mostly deep sand. no damage to man or machine, glad i got it out of my system and stayed right side up the rest of the way. maybe i was just tired of picking that bike up.

lakota 07-08-2012 03:36 PM

I am finally at home. Once the decision was made to medivac me back to MD Medjet assist took all of 5 hours to get a Lear jet from ATL to El Paso and then a four hour flight to BWI. I spent 24 hrs in the hospital in Annapolis and now am home. Not supposed to drive for 3 days. No motorcycles for two weeks. Have to go see my primary this week, a neurologist in two weeks, and a cardiologist right away. Bike should be enroute shortly.

if you do not have MedJet Assist and travel more than 150 miles from home you are CRAZY!!!

lakota 07-11-2012 07:52 AM

Let me tell you what has turned into a colossal PITA. Since I have medical as a part of my motorcycle insurance no doctor wants to see me since they cannot bill my primary insurance until the motorcycle medical is used up. Which means i have to up front the cash since it will be forever until all the different insurances get worked out. Makes one wonder if carrying medical on the bike is worth it. And if I didn't have a headache from the concussion I would have one now.:D

jamz 07-11-2012 08:27 AM

Well no wonder you crashed, look at all that stuff that was on the road!

J/k, hope you get better soon. Just to heave a little silver lining in there, insurances suck, but not as much as having to pay for everything yourself with no hope of reimbursement.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:11 PM.