ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Dual Sport Riders / Spots in Orlando, what groups meet up? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=806515)

bitFUUL 07-07-2012 10:30 AM

Dual Sport Riders / Spots in Orlando, what groups meet up?

Hi, first time posting.
This might not be in the correct forum, but I'm looking for people who ride dual sports in Central Florida (mainly east orlando area).
I purchased my first dual sport and it's been sitting in the garage for 2 years now, I need to find some riding buddies/places. Where do I begin?
Thanks. :ear

sanjoh 07-07-2012 10:50 AM

Start by reading threads in this forum.

Sub Zero 07-07-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitFUUL (Post 19077301)
Hi, first time posting.
This might not be in the correct forum, but I'm looking for people who ride dual sports in Central Florida (mainly east orlando area).
I purchased my first dual sport and it's been sitting in the garage for 2 years now, I need to find some riding buddies/places. Where do I begin?
Thanks. :ear

I know plenty of places! I'm also in east orlando. though those places to ride ALL depend on how conservative you are on where you ride. some of them im not 100% sure your allowed to be riding to be back there. (nod nod wink wink) :wink: though nobody has told me to leave yet or shame on you dont go back there etc. :evil Though not to be an age racist prick, but your not over the hill or anything are you? Ive ridden with plenty of old guys and its not good when we are 10 miles in the woods and my 52 year old uncle crashes his bike and hurts his back and kneecaps to the point where he cant ride back without me taking him on the back of mine and coming back to get his bike another day when hes better.

bitFUUL 07-07-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub Zero (Post 19078377)
I know plenty of places! I'm also in east orlando. though those places to ride ALL depend on how conservative you are on where you ride. some of them im not 100% sure your allowed to be riding to be back there. (nod nod wink wink) :wink: though nobody has told me to leave yet or shame on you dont go back there etc. :evil Though not to be an age racist prick, but your not over the hill or anything are you? Ive ridden with plenty of old guys and its not good when we are 10 miles in the woods and my 52 year old uncle crashes his bike and hurts his back and kneecaps to the point where he cant ride back without me taking him on the back of mine and coming back to get his bike another day when hes better.

Sweet. I'm in my early 30s and don't mind getting aggressive out there. Although I don't have much experience offroad riding, I'm a quick learning and my bike has been fitted already (tires, suspension, sprocket, etc).
Back in college I used to have 2 Hondas, both 600cc crotch rockets, but I got sick of dodging idiots driving on our streets and decided to venture offroad.

Yeah, I'm down to meet up, are you able to PM me in these forums?

Sub Zero 07-07-2012 03:40 PM

PM sent! :D

Johno33772 07-08-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

FYI...there are many "over the Hill" Guys on this Forum that will show you a thing or 2....just saying:gerg

sfront 07-08-2012 05:20 PM

..............Said the 62 year old.....:rofl

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...2/DSC02081.jpg

Dr.Z 07-08-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johno33772 (Post 19085402)
FYI...there are many "over the Hill" Guys on this Forum that will show you a thing or 2....just saying:gerg

I'm thinking you should know about "over the hill" Johno. :evil

Didn't someone identify you as being in their 60s. :rofl

Metalman 07-09-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johno33772 (Post 19085402)

Quote:

Damn, gonna be 50 in Oct, Time to sell the bikes I guess!!

Come ride with us some time ya whipper snapper and we'll see who is draging who out of the woods! . . . . Kids, :rofl

Metalman 07-09-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfront (Post 19085540)
..............Said the 62 year old.....:rofl

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...2/DSC02081.jpg

A father / son pic?

Sub Zero 07-09-2012 06:23 AM

well hey! It cant be argued with the fact that if your way up there in your age, no matter what shape your in, one crash and your basically out of the race for a while until you heal back up in another month or 2. :evil ive seen it all many times before. :deal im not saying old guys cant ride, im just saying they dont last very long before the slow moving bones and joints catch up to them and cause a mistake. :lol3 but hey! dont worry, im gonna get there too! :freaky

FL Pepper 07-09-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub Zero (Post 19088765)
im not saying old guys cant ride, im just saying they dont last very long before the slow moving bones and joints catch up to them and cause a mistake.

Young grasshopper has lots to learn :lol3

FL Pepper 07-09-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfront (Post 19085540)

Hey, don't that old guy look like he has a mohawk?

Dr.Z 07-09-2012 07:08 AM

:lurk

Dr.Z 07-09-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FL Pepper (Post 19089005)
Hey, don't that old guy look like he has a mohawk?

Maybe a "reverse" mohawk. :evil

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:35 PM.