ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Weld86 Skid Plate for Suzuki DRZ (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807903)

weld86 07-12-2012 07:20 AM

Weld86 Skid Plate for Suzuki DRZ
 
Weld86 has a new skid plate available for the Suzuki DRZ400.
  • 3/16" 5052 Aluminum
  • Laser Cut, TIG Welded
  • Complete Water Pump Coverage
  • Form Fitting
  • Made in USA
$125.00 plus shipping.




Thanks for looking and all your support. Charlie "Weld86"








weld86 07-19-2012 08:22 AM

Hello
 
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hey. I'm Charlie aka "Weld86". I added a DRZ to my stable and love it. It really is a fine dual sport. I coudn't find a skid plate I liked. So I built my own. Now for the shameless plug. Website Link. I hope it is something you guys will take a look at and give me some feedback.

Cheers, Weld86

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/x...20627_2659.jpg

On the road to Hawthorne, NV
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/x...20629_2671.jpg

weld86 07-19-2012 08:46 AM

Introductory Price
 
$125.00 plus shipping.

Ogre_fl 07-19-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weld86 (Post 19165130)
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hey. I'm Charlie aka "Weld86". I added a DRZ to my stable and love it. It really is a fine dual sport. I coudn't find a skid plate I liked. So I built my own. Now for the shameless plug. Website Link. I hope it is something you guys will take a look at and give me some feedback.

Cheers, Weld86



On the road to Hawthorne, NV

Not in the market for a skid plate (have one).

But if you develop that tool tube for the DR650 to fit a DRZ 400S I would be for it.

ThomasVolomitz 07-19-2012 01:00 PM

That is a really nice looking skidplate. I just bought one from Amazon. Takes some skill to fabricate something like that.

The Recycled Teenager 07-19-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weld86 (Post 19165130)
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hey. I'm Charlie aka "Weld86". I added a DRZ to my stable and love it. It really is a fine dual sport. I coudn't find a skid plate I liked. So I built my own. Now for the shameless plug. Website Link. I hope it is something you guys will take a look at and give me some feedback.

Cheers, Weld86

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/x...20627_2659.jpg

On the road to Hawthorne, NV
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/x...20629_2671.jpg


Weld Done :lol3

May I suggest one extra hole to allow a socket to undo the shifter bolt.

Mike_drz 07-19-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weld86 (Post 19165130)
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hey. I'm Charlie aka "Weld86". I added a DRZ to my stable and love it. It really is a fine dual sport. I coudn't find a skid plate I liked. So I built my own. Now for the shameless plug. Website Link. I hope it is something you guys will take a look at and give me some feedback.

Cheers, Weld86

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/x...20627_2659.jpg

On the road to Hawthorne, NV


make it into an auxiliary tank(s) :evil water oil gasoline

weld86 07-19-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogre_fl (Post 19165539)
Not in the market for a skid plate (have one).

But if you develop that tool tube for the DR650 to fit a DRZ 400S I would be for it.

Thanks. I'm working on it. It would mean removing the charcoal cannister.

Quote:

Weld Done :lol3

May I suggest one extra hole to allow a socket to undo the shifter bolt.
That's a good idea. That will be done. Thanks.

weld86 11-23-2012 08:35 AM

Black Friday Bump.

blaster11 11-27-2012 05:51 PM

That is a very nice skid plate!!!! I already have one I like a lot but it will be getting replaced with yours, probably before Christmas. Have you considered building it into a more rally type of skid plate with either a toolbox or place to store water or both? I am already looking at it and trying to figure out how I would do it after the purchase. :D Again very nice construction!

eakins 11-29-2012 02:39 AM

nice work! i'd use button nose allen bolts vrs the one you use so it it slides over a log or something and doesn't snag like those.

weld86 11-29-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eakins (Post 20139948)
nice work! i'd use button nose allen bolts vrs the one you use so it it slides over a log or something and doesn't snag like those.

I do send Buttonhead screws with the skid plates. Mine got mounted with the low profile allen heads as that was what I had in stock. Thanks for the input!

blaster11 12-04-2012 12:10 PM

Just ordered a skid plate. :D

weld86 06-20-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaster11 (Post 20176443)
Just ordered a skid plate. :D

Thanks!!!

Chet Punisher 09-22-2013 09:47 AM

Did you end up putting the hole it for the socket? Didn't see any updated pics.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014