ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Parallel Universe (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Aftermarket rear rotor for F650GS Twin (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810880)

dirtdadx 07-22-2012 06:13 PM

Aftermarket rear rotor for F650GS Twin
 
Before you read, be aware that I have searched using google and this forum.

I am looking for a less expensive than OEM alternative rear rotor for my 2010 F650GS Twin. I cannot find any. All search results I get are for front rotors or for rear F650GS single / F650GS models or for F800GS models, etc. EBC does not list one, Galfer does not list one (it would probably be more expensive than stock), etc. Before you make a recommendation or make general search suggestions, please double check it yourself.

Does everyone just go with OEM for this?

markymcd 07-22-2012 07:12 PM

Here you go....


http://twalcomusa.com/twalcom-wave-rear-disc.html


the 800 and the 650 twin use the same rear disc.


cheers,
Mark

dirtdadx 07-22-2012 07:26 PM

That looks like it is for an F800GS. The rear rotors on the F650GS are different as far as I know.

markymcd 07-22-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtdadx (Post 19189167)
That looks like it is for an F800GS. The rear rotors on the F650GS are different as far as I know.

Nope. Rear is the same. The front is different.

I've actually got an f800gs rear hub on my 650 twin and used my existing rear disc. If you want 100% confirmation check the microfiche on Max BMW website or Bike Bandit. The part numbers are the same for both bikes.


cheers,
Mark

JRWooden 07-23-2012 05:57 AM

If they are the same here's another option: http://www.beemerboneyard.com/abm265pr1.html

I've never heard of ABM.... but that may be as a result of a defect in my schooling :lol3

S_Murray 07-23-2012 06:28 AM

Rotor from a wrecked bike in the UK
 
Try the Motoworks website in the UK they were wrecking a F650Gs last week. you could get lucky
Regards
Steve

LukasM 07-23-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRWooden (Post 19191366)
If they are the same here's another option: http://www.beemerboneyard.com/abm265pr1.html

I've never heard of ABM.... but that may be as a result of a defect in my schooling :lol3

ABM is a fairly well known German company, their parts should be good quality and they have TÜV approval.

MikeMike 07-23-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markymcd (Post 19189700)

I've actually got an f800gs rear hub on my 650 twin and used my existing rear disc.

Mark, you mean the drive hub, right? The sprocket carrier?
The F800 has a spoked rear wheel.

The rear brake set up, as you noted, is exactly the same as the F650GS, what is the difference with the F800 hub (again, this is the sprocket carrier, right?).

LukasM 07-23-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMike (Post 19193641)
Mark, you mean the drive hub, right? The sprocket carrier?
The F800 has a spoked rear wheel.

The rear brake set up, as you noted, is exactly the same as the F650GS, what is the difference with the F800 hub (again, this is the sprocket carrier, right?).

Not he means hub. Both Marky and I have spoked wheels with F800GS hubs on our F650GS twins, they bolt right on.

The sprocket carriers, discs, etc all interchange. Just have to match the sprocket to whatever carrier you have so you get the right hole size.

MikeMike 07-23-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukasM (Post 19193664)
Not he means hub. Both Marky and I have spoked wheels with F800GS hubs on our F650GS twins, they bolt right on.

The sprocket carriers, discs, etc all interchange. Just have to match the sprocket to whatever carrier you have so you get the right hole size.

Ok, I got it. Thanks!

JRWooden 07-23-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukasM (Post 19191723)
ABM is a fairly well known German company, their parts should be good quality and they have TÜV approval.

Thanks Lukas!
Us Yanks are so self-centered :lol3
I'll but ABM on the "good-guy" list!

Hayate 11-19-2012 05:01 PM

I've got a
Galfer DF763W Wave Rear Rotor

in my Amazon shopping cart and pretty darn sure it's going to do the trick for $167 with free shipping. Unless someone tells me different I'll click order on that one.

JRWooden 11-19-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayate (Post 20079478)
I've got a
Galfer DF763W Wave Rear Rotor

in my Amazon shopping cart and pretty darn sure it's going to do the trick for $167 with free shipping. Unless someone tells me different I'll click order on that one.

I could be wrong, but that's what I would order if I was in the market.................

The only other option I've found (and with shipping it's at least a few bucks more) is:
http://www.beemerboneyard.com/abm265pr1.html

I think I'll be needing a FRONT rotor shortly, so if anybody finds a source for those, please post!

Hayate 11-20-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRWooden (Post 20081252)
I could be wrong, but that's what I would order if I was in the market.................

The only other option I've found (and with shipping it's at least a few bucks more) is:
http://www.beemerboneyard.com/abm265pr1.html

I think I'll be needing a FRONT rotor shortly, so if anybody finds a source for those, please post!

Yeah I looked at that one from beemerboneyard too, but the Galfer is a name everyone seems to know and trust.

Fronts eh?
Eeek, expensive.
http://blackdogcw.com/black-dog-shop...12-detail.html
http://www.renazcoracing.com/index.c...&ItemID=538866

Page 33 if you want to search for the Galfer front rotors by part number.
http://galferusa.com/catalog/

Oh sorry, you said "FRONT" so I should have assumed you're talking a F650GS, which in fact this thread is about. Hopefully these links help even though my research is F800 related.

JRWooden 11-21-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayate (Post 20088965)

:huh:huh:huh:huh:huh:huh:huh Holy crap batman .................. for the price of a pair of rotors you can buy a ....
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh nevermind.....


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014