ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Beyond Chic Fil-A (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816153)

Off Limits 08-09-2012 11:06 PM

Beyond Chic Fil-A
 
I'm starting this thread to promote traditional dirt bike riding and dual sport. No multi cylinder ktm beasts. No 20,000 dollar bmw's. leave it at Starbucks. If you have a wife, leave her at home in the kitchen in the traditional fashion. We will just ride and get dirty and drink beer in the traditional way of our fathers and their buddies. At least that's how I was taught! So tune in, sit down and drop out and enjoy the ride.

theGrinch 08-10-2012 12:16 AM

I think your big toe got infected.

you better go see the doc.

:freaky

.

Fuckin Chic-fil-a

Off Limits 08-10-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theGrinch (Post 19325843)
I think your big toe got infected.

you better go see the doc.

:freaky

.

Fuckin Chic-fil-a

Lol you know you lOve it. I'm busy the next few week. I'll be ready to ride in September. When it cools off.

speedygee68 08-10-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rider (Post 19325719)
I'm starting this thread to promote traditional dirt bike riding and dual sport. No multi cylinder ktm beasts. No 20,000 dollar bmw's. leave it at Starbucks. If you have a wife, leave her at home in the kitchen in the traditional fashion. We will just ride and get dirty and drink beer in the traditional way of our fathers and their buddies. At least that's how I was taught! So tune in, sit down and drop out and enjoy the ride.


I'm recouping after a interesting little 'get-off' while I was up at WMRS. Just some bruised ribs, but as soon as I can take a full deep breath without the pain, game on....oh yeah, and :fallwhen it cools below 106 too.

eatpasta 08-10-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rider (Post 19325719)
I'm starting this thread to promote traditional dirt bike riding and dual sport. No multi cylinder ktm beasts. No 20,000 dollar bmw's. leave it at Starbucks.

yeah, those guys are pansies.

Off Limits 08-10-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedygee68 (Post 19330938)
I'm recouping after a interesting little 'get-off' while I was up at WMRS. Just some bruised ribs, but as soon as I can take a full deep breath without the pain, game on....oh yeah, and :fallwhen it cools below 106 too.

Yea the lame part when I hurt my foot is that I didn't even crash. It's the worst injury I've had in my life and I've crashed pretty hard in my many years riding. Just typing this reminds me of the time I went for a pass on my buddy who was in a Honda pilot in some whoops out by baldy Mesa. I remember coming together and his Rear tire and my foot peg came together and I went sailing over the top and thudded on my back in the whoops. I flew like 20 feet. Of course I was like 22 then.

Another good one was when I was 17, brand new to me ktm300 dxc 1992, 5th gear pinned on the uphill road jump at dove springs. Missed the downshift to 4th and when I went sailing 50 feet in the air seeing that cliff comIng right at me made me rethink my stupidness. When I landed the bike came to a dead stop and I bounced over the bars. Closest I've come to death on a motorcycle until I started riding dual sport dodging cars.

Cannabinoid 08-11-2012 10:32 AM

Chik Fil-A-tio. Isn't that what the company was AGAINST? HA HA!!

I'm recovering as well. As soon as I hit that stump sticking out and my right foot went numb, I thought "oh shit, just like Sean". Thank God it didn't penetrate the boot, but x-rays show 2 fractures to my two smallest toes and plenty of ligament damage. Purple toes seem to be in this year!!!

Off Limits 08-11-2012 11:25 AM

Lol I didn't get penetrated. Smashed and split open like stepping on or throwing an orange. And chic fil a is for traditional marriage. Hey bitch, go make me some breakfast and after you are done, go wash my dirtbike!

Off Limits 08-11-2012 11:30 AM

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...o/fa48f3de.jpg

Still purple and swollen

Kali Trailrider 08-11-2012 11:55 AM

Keep it on two wheels
 
I have been riding almost thirty years..!!

Call it luck or what ever... But that's my secret
And keep your feet up over the rocks I guess

Not bragging just works for me.

Braap

Off Limits 08-11-2012 01:07 PM

Yea it happened when I was cruising waiting for slower riders. It was an adv ride!

Kali Trailrider 08-11-2012 01:52 PM

Yeah that was about the slowest ride I have ever been on.

That happens when you have 10 people in a group and the last two are hung over from partying too much the night before.

Always fun though... :freaky

RAZR 08-11-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theGrinch (Post 19325843)
I think your big toe got infected.

you better go see the doc.

:freaky

.

Fuckin Chic-fil-a


hahaha LOL Grinch crackin up:rofl:lol3

RAZR 08-11-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kali Trailrider (Post 19336575)
I have been riding almost thirty years..!!

Call it luck or what ever... But that's my secret
And keep your feet up over the rocks I guess

Not bragging just works for me.

Braap


you just jinxed yourself:deal

WallyWhirled 08-11-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rider (Post 19325719)
I'm starting this thread to promote traditional dirt bike riding and dual sport. No multi cylinder ktm beasts. No 20,000 dollar bmw's. leave it at Starbucks. If you have a wife, leave her at home in the kitchen in the traditional fashion. We will just ride and get dirty and drink beer in the traditional way of our fathers and their buddies. At least that's how I was taught! So tune in, sit down and drop out and enjoy the ride.


I would like to participate but my wife won't let me ride beyond Starbucks.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014