ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Rockies – It's all downhill from here... (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I've decided how I am going to vote. (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=830394)

HellSickle 09-29-2012 10:04 PM

I've decided how I am going to vote.

These guys finally convinced me.

http://www.riseoftheright.com/wp-con...A4-x-large.jpg

Recently, I've spent a lot of time asking myself that question. Am I better off now than I was 4 years ago?

Hmmmm......

Yup. Definitely better off now. :clap

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...dy/newbike.jpg

Bikes are only a small part of how much better my life is. Obviously, Obama should be given credit for my job and marriage as well. :wink:

Duck_Pilot 09-30-2012 02:37 AM

I agree.........

.......... about 2-stroke dirtbikes making life better. And I can certainly tell that the Lady Paula has made quite a positive difference in your life. As for the rest, feel free to keep credit for yourself where it is due.

As for professional politicians, not a one of 'em is trustworthy in my opinion. My vote will go at the last minute, for the assh*le whom I think just might hurt me less..... I vote in self-defense. And no, I'm not happy about it.

TNC 09-30-2012 05:44 AM

Jeff, you have it all wrong. Joe Biden saved your job. He told me so.:lol3

Ditch 09-30-2012 06:21 AM

I can see this going to the basement quickly with those pesky Texans chiming in.

:hide

I've done OK myself by sticking with things when it was tough and putting up with crap, but the paychecks kept coming and they didn't bounce.

SirWrecksAlot 09-30-2012 07:05 AM

Take it to CS&M pal...

:lol3

HellSickle 09-30-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ditch (Post 19711687)
I can see this going to the basement quickly with those pesky Texans chiming in.

Sir, I challenge you. Invesco Field at noon.

http://guyism.com/wp-content/uploads...-or-safety.jpg

You bring the tin foil, I'll bring the bras. We'll skip the sports drink.

Yes, I was TOTALLY serious about politics. TOTALLY

P.S. Soon 4-sale: 2006 KTM300 XC-W. Only ridden gently by a senior rider.

TNC 09-30-2012 10:28 AM

See there, Jeff...you're not better off. You're having to start selling off your fleet due to hard times. You'll soon be relegated to riding DR's and KLX's like the rest of us 47 percenters.:lol3

Seriously though, where are you headed with the sale of your 300? What other evil, orange plan do you have on the horizon?...maybe an electric start 300 for geezers?:lol3

PrairieRider 09-30-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNC (Post 19713090)
Seriously though, where are you headed with the sale of your 300? What other evil, orange plan do you have on the horizon?...maybe an electric start 300 for geezers?:lol3

Ummm...closely study the bikes in the pic at the bottom of the first post. His diabolical plan has taken shape. He's just making sure I can never keep up with him...:jack

I crack myself up sometimes.

TNC 09-30-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrairieRider (Post 19713135)
Ummm...closely study the bikes in the pic at the bottom of the first post. His diabolical plan has taken shape. He's just making sure I can never keep up with him...:jack

I crack myself up sometimes.

You have to remember, I'm a conservative and a little slow on the uptake. Now I see that they're both 300's. Has he already taken the geezer path with an e-start 300?...or some other devious liberal fiasco?:lol3

Tailwheel 09-30-2012 11:43 AM

If you really think you are better off...under BHO your and everyone else’s tax bill increased by $18,000 and growing for each man, woman and child in the USA. ($6,000,000,000,000+ in additional federal deficit divided by 300 million citizens). This bill isn't going away and the economy isn't going to get better for many years. This tax bill will need to be paid with interest. Ignoring it is total ignorance.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Thinking you are better off is as ignorant as thinking you are better off after maxing out all your credit cards to buy all your new toys. You have to be very short sighted to be of this opinion.
<o:p></o:p>
There are many more examples of BHO's continuing attack on industries and business that have fueled our economy for many years. The only ones that currently are doing fine are those that are being propped up by our tax dollars as the life blood is being drained from our economies core through excessive regulations and mandates.<o:p></o:p>

The post-baby boomers will get to pay the majority of the bill BHO has run up. Have fun.

Turkeycreek 09-30-2012 12:04 PM

Already voted. Ballot is in the mail as of Friday. Don't have to listen to anymore BS from either side.

_cy_ 09-30-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellSickle (Post 19710731)
These guys finally convinced me.

Recently, I've spent a lot of time asking myself that question. Am I better off now than I was 4 years ago?

Hmmmm......

p. Definitely better off now. :clap

Bikes are only a small part of how much better my life is. Obviously, Obama should be given credit for my job and marriage as well. :wink:

in the interest of accuracy ... normally when one gets that question thrown at you. no one thinks in terms of the almost collapsed of our economy that was arrested by the RADICAL maneuvers by the brand new administration. instead it's normal to think of how we were four years from now.

When Obama took office our economy was in free fall.... our GNP was 9% down and would have fallen further had it not been for ALL the stimulus $$$ that wacked the economy. it's easy to armchair quarterback. that brand new administration had to make immediate decisions that would make or break the largest economy in the world. NOT a comfortable position for anyone, especially brand new to the job to be in.

a fairer question is are we better off than an almost collapsed economy four years ago vs today? but almost no one pointed that out until Bill Clinton did so during Demo convention.

closer to reality is the perception of stimulus $$$ is what brought immediate relief from economic collapse. most folks don't understand corrections to world's largest economy does not happen overnight. Some of the stimulus $$$ is now just hitting the economy.

IMHO the single largest factor is fuel prices... when fuel prices dropped by almost a dollar per gal. that freed up about $100 per month for literally each and every family in America.

one sees an immediate uptick in US economy after each shift down with fuel prices. NOTHING else effects the world economy as rapidly as a wild swing in fuel prices. IMHO the principal reason for world's recession is the 2-3x higher fuel prices. don't get me wrong fuel prices are not the only reason. just the largest one that started the chain reaction resulting the deep recession the world is in.

to add insult to injury ... these freaking HUGE oil companies who are making the largest profits in the history of the world... are unbelievably still getting TAX CREDITS????

the American way is to make as much profit as the traffic will bear. don't blame the oil companies for sticking it to each and everyone of us. blame the ones that allowed all the oil companies to MERGE. the fundamental problem today is NO competition. until real competition is restored, there will be NO mechanism to hold down prices. except for fear of collapsing USA's economy by pricing too high. (killing the goose that lays the golden egg)

price controls only work with monopolies, which there's a pretty solid argument in favor of labeling fuel as an utility. for example our utilities are limited by law to amount of profits that they can make. with all rate increase submitted for approval by a regulated process.

short of enforcing amount of profit that can be made by oil companies. Oil companies need competition. base problem was man made by allowing already MASSIVE oil companies to combine into even more massive multi-nationals. with gross receipts that ranks #7th largest when ranked against all countries.

for all practical purposes ...Standard Oil is back together again... oil companies control such HUGE geographical areas from well head to fuel pumps. no collusion is needed. they simply change prices at will.

Oil companies need to be busted back up to create competition and/or regulated like any other utility company like natural gas, electric and water. otherwise world's economy will forever be held hostage by a few MEGA oil companies.

_CJ 09-30-2012 12:28 PM

A vote for O'Dummy is a vote for Mitten, and visa versa. More debt, more war, more infringements on your rights.

Gary Johnson 2012.

:1drink

TNC 09-30-2012 12:44 PM

Whodathunkit...a motorcycle thread with political undertones would get derailed by politics.:lol3

C'mon, Jeff...everybody here already has their minds made up on this election. I want to hear the particulars on your bike situation. What's happened to the 450?...what's the other 300 there in the pic?...and how did you mess over Paula to try and keep her in your dust again? I'm thinking you got a little scared when I told you about installing a pumper carb on my KLX and felt you had to compensate with lighter and faster bikes.:lol3

SnowMule 09-30-2012 01:50 PM

Lemon party 2012! :lol3

:hide

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:21 AM.