ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rindge NH to Lobster Land, big bike? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=830757)

henrymartin 10-01-2012 12:02 PM

Rindge NH to Lobster Land, big bike?

1 Attachment(s)
Normally, I don't have a hard time making up a route, but this is a route that goes to places/sections I'm not familiar with. I'm looking for a big bike friendly way to either Cape Porpoise ME or Rye NH with some decent unpaved sections.

This is what I came up with. Could someone more familiar with Salisbury, NH or Kennebunk ME area take a look?

Thanks

OhBoy 10-03-2012 05:16 PM

:muuttLooks good to me. When are we going?

Uh....how longish are these tracks?

henrymartin 10-03-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhBoy (Post 19739645)
:muuttLooks good to me. When are we going?

Uh....how longish are these tracks?

About 5 hrs to Rye (152 miles), or 6 hrs to Cape Porpoise (186 miles) according to Garmin. In the real world? Who knows! Mostly unpaved, maintained roads, but you never know with Garmin and their dotted lines - some of those could turn shitty. (been there, done that). Hubbard Pond from Rindge to New Ipswich starts as a wooded road, turns into a loose large gravel, then becomes sort of a Class V before it gets smooth again. The Francestown/Lyndenborough section is smooth unpaved, hilly at times. Henniker to Warner is (was the last time I was there, a year ago) hilly, turns, and decent surface. Anythings after Warner is new to me :)

Leaving 10/13 at 9:30am (sharp) from Rindge, 202 and 119 gas station.

OhBoy 10-15-2012 07:27 PM

Lame Excuse

On a better day I'd have been there. Hope you enjoyed the New Hampshire scenery.
I was suffering with a cold and needed to help my sister-in-law with trailer connections, camper connections and generally load up for a road trip.
Still feeling dizzy. :muutt

henrymartin 10-15-2012 08:24 PM

Scenery was great, but we never did make it past Warner. With full bellies after a lunch stop, the sun finally up, and the crisp air, we decided to turn back and seek a different route back to Rindge. Rindge to Warner took about 3 hrs, Warner to Marlborough about 3.5. Nice riding both ways (a little more pavement on the way back, but the right kind of pavement - no cars, twists and turns).

kdennan 02-03-2013 05:02 AM

Looks great.
I have a BMW 650 Sertao and I love the gravel and backroads. I live in southern VT and would love to connect to this and check it out. Any advice?
thanks

henrymartin 02-03-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdennan (Post 20638840)
Looks great.
I have a BMW 650 Sertao and I love the gravel and backroads. I live in southern VT and would love to connect to this and check it out. Any advice?
thanks

Advice? Sure...wait until the ice melts :lol3

Joking aside, I do a few trips like this every year, so sure, we can connect. I'll PM you.

kdennan 02-03-2013 07:13 AM

Thanks Henry,
Look forward to hearing from you
Kris

Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:22 PM.