ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   GS Boxers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Steering Damper (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=833153)

Alexandre 10-10-2012 10:49 AM

Steering Damper
 
Looking for a Damper for my 2011 GSA ??
Any ideas

OldPete 10-10-2012 07:16 PM

wrong forum, try searching/asking in beasts.

Scotts and GPR are on offer. IIRC, GPR has a lower profile.
Google comparisons. :D

RupeCA 10-10-2012 10:35 PM

Search the Forum for Rally Moto. There have been a few posts in the past year. It is what I put on my 09 GS and love it.

DDT Rider 10-11-2012 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RupeCA (Post 19792889)
Search the Forum for Rally Moto. There have been a few posts in the past year. It is what I put on my 09 GS and love it.

That Rally Moto unit is some great-looking kit. How is it at parking lot speeds?

RupeCA 10-11-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDT Rider (Post 19793606)
That Rally Moto unit is some great-looking kit. How is it at parking lot speeds?

No problem at all, don't even know it is there. The key is the adjustability, when you don't need it, turn the dial down to 1.
Turn up the dial for more stability when you want it. Big difference on the freeway at speed in the wind or passing big trucks.......no wobbly feeling.
I also dial it up when in the dirt and sand. The steering damper along with a 21" front (I change rims for more serious dirt rides) make me a better rider than I really am.

Quirky 10-11-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDT Rider (Post 19793606)
That Rally Moto unit is some great-looking kit. How is it at parking lot speeds?

It's fine for the slow speeds. But have heard from an inmate who has trouble with it in a cold climate. I love mine and haven' t any issues even on frosty mornings.

Gillus 10-13-2012 10:45 AM

I got a HyperPro from EPM for my '11 GSA, The wind turbulence behind the cement truck at speed and cross winds etc will dissappear. The wanna be tank slapper loose wobbly feel in the bars is gone and makes it very easy to ride.

waylongway 10-13-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillus (Post 19809419)
i got a hyperpro from epm for my '11 gsa, the wind turbulence behind the cement truck at speed and cross winds etc will dissappear. The wanna be tank slapper loose wobbly feel in the bars is gone and makes it very easy to ride.

+1

SocalRob 10-14-2012 10:24 AM

I have a USA made Scott's on my 07GSA. Works at least as well on the street as it does off avement.

aschnell 10-14-2012 09:11 PM

What mount do you have for the Scotts damper?

El Gato 10-14-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aschnell (Post 19818944)
What mount do you have for the Scotts damper?

I installed a Scotts damper on my '12 GSA using the GorillaZilla mount, and it works perfectly.

http://www.gorillazillaproducts.com/...t/BMW/id/10/?#

(third item from the bottom of the page)


http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/photo1-1.jpg

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/photo2-1.jpg

Quirky 10-15-2012 05:05 AM

:eek1 That looks bloody huge compared to the RM2?


https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-f...0787.JPG?gl=AU

Tiz 10-15-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gillus (Post 19809419)
I got a HyperPro from EPM for my '11 GSA, The wind turbulence behind the cement truck at speed and cross winds etc will dissappear. The wanna be tank slapper loose wobbly feel in the bars is gone and makes it very easy to ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by waylongway (Post 19812828)
+1

+100

Was just out yesterday in high winds and mixed roads. Actually first time on gravel roads and it felt like new asphalt. Plus no diddling around with my handlebar risers and tankbag set up to fit it.


--Kevin

TimothyCaseTimothy 10-15-2012 01:49 PM

Do y'all order directly from HyperPro or is there a retailer that sells 'em?

Thanks,

TC

Strong Bad 10-15-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gato (Post 19819105)
I installed a Scotts damper on my '12 GSA using the GorillaZilla mount, and it works perfectly.

http://www.gorillazillaproducts.com/...t/BMW/id/10/?#

(third item from the bottom of the page)


http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/photo1-1.jpg

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/photo2-1.jpg

I too used a Scotts with the Gorillazilla mount. HOWEVER after e-mailing them and making sure they had one for my 2007GSA, they sent me the wrong mount. After trading e-mails and pictures they finally gave up and offered my money back. Instead I chose to weld up the holes and re-machine an drill new holes to make it work. I also had to make a new lower clamp. The main thing was that I already had a Scotts dampener. I think the RM2 discussed here is a very clean looking mount and dampener if you already don't have a dampener it would be the way to go.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014