ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Latin America (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Container from Los Angeles, CA to Valparaiso - wanna go? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834185)

jonz 10-14-2012 08:07 PM

Container from Los Angeles, CA to Valparaiso - wanna go?

Howdy gang,
I'm planning on a ride from South America back to California this coming January - a retirement kickoff of sorts. A friend and I are shipping our bikes down to ride back. We're using Gaston from samericaxplorer to organize the shipping down. The latest (gu)estimate is the container leaves LA on 12/11/12 and arrives at Valparaiso on 1/11/13 (the exact dates will be close to these). Right now, we're at 3 bikes and another bike with side car. Price is around $1800. If we get more bikes, the price drops down , especially once it gets to at least 9 bikes. Anyone interested?

edit: Here's a link to his thread in vendors;
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741582

porkandcorn 10-16-2012 06:38 PM

i'm in.

hey everyone,

i'm one of the riders going in on this container with jonz. join us and everyone benefits.

like he said, we are arriving sometime in early january, 1013.

(hey jonz! what's up?!)

bananaman 10-17-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkandcorn (Post 19833352)
hey everyone,

i'm one of the riders going in on this container with jonz. join us and everyone benefits.

like he said, we are arriving sometime in early january, 1013.

(hey jonz! what's up?!)

If you're arriving in early jan, 1013, I'm in!!! but wait... where are we going to get gas, and how do we get back to 2013? Can we come back to any time?

porkandcorn 10-17-2012 09:14 AM

Beam me down - to Valparaiso

ha! nice catch!

well, the physics are complicated, but thankfully there is a 'time dial' on the cargo container. so it's pretty much just like every time travel sic-fi show you've ever seen.... ADVmototimetravel is expensive - hence we are looking for more riders to share the costs.

jimmex 10-20-2012 03:03 PM

I might throw in...

jonz 10-21-2012 07:19 AM

Container is full. Filled with an SUV. Now time to shop for airline tickets

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

jimmex 10-21-2012 09:17 AM

:cry

GastonUSAChile 10-26-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmex (Post 19865976)
:cry

Jim, another one for December is open , same conditions as the first one.
No time yet to crying off!

porkandcorn 10-26-2012 11:12 PM

go for it!

go for it jim. you are in good hands with gaston and other people will jump on board. somebody's got to be first.

f

GastonUSAChile 10-28-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananaman (Post 19915217)
So the first time Gaston posted about his next container, it got punted- probably because it smelled like spam. IMHO, it's ok for Gaston to occasionally reply the way he does here. His post here almost smells like ham. Maybe he's learning?

To God (Banana)
God never rode, motorcycles were created by a man. Riding is for every normal human being.

Beside riding and probably being more experienced than you , I tell you, my containers will keep going year round, my shipments all over the world will keep going and my rides too!!!

As you have advertised on the shipping section, keep helping everybody (and for free) ,good luck with that endeavor, it is not for you and it is not going to work. You will lose a lot of your time.

porkandcorn 10-28-2012 01:19 PM

i like ham!

no, it's all cool. gaston's good. bananaman is good. i think some stuff is lost in translation as gaston is not a native english speaker, and sarcasm doesn't work so well on the internet.

what's important is that we are riding and adventuring!

porkandcorn

bananaman 10-28-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GastonUSAChile (Post 19918147)
Listen Banana, this thread has been posted by one of my inmates (porkandcorn) . I am just adding a comment, to Jimex , which also had contacted me.
You like it or not. But as usual your brain cannot react different, as always attacking with envy.

Keep your comments on the ghost Ferry, one day it will get through. Promise!! In the mean time my solutions are on another part of the world for this community.
I saw your naming yourself and somewhere "ADVGod". I love it , you really have ego problems................

Gaston, why are you such an ass? I was giving you a complement. It wasn't even a back-handed compliment.

Don't worry- I've learned my lesson. As far as I'm concerned, you really are nothing but a trolling spammer, and from now on, every time I see you hawking your business outside of Vendors...

And yes, I am an ADVGOD. 1) I actually ride. 2) I've completed the hat-trick: front page photo, sticky, and hall-of-wisdom. Now shut up and bring me some bacon. Or a beer. I'll be at my house in Camino de Cruces.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:46 AM.