ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tejas and the Gulf States (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Hot Spring AR. (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837711)

citationman 10-30-2012 06:38 AM

Hot Spring AR.
 
Anyone have a paved scenic day loop out of Hot Springs Ar.? Thanks :ear

MartiniUp 10-30-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by citationman (Post 19930984)
Anyone have a paved scenic day loop out of Hot Springs Ar.? Thanks :ear

Almost anything to the west of HS will be good. AR is a lot like CO, the western half will always produce smiles. This includes North, NW, W, SW of HS. Just get a AR state map and pick a spot to head for, the smaller roads the better, make a big loop. You can't go wrong.

mdawg12 10-30-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by citationman (Post 19930984)
Anyone have a paved scenic day loop out of Hot Springs Ar.? Thanks :ear

How many miles do you call a "day"?

Lots of good loops. Give me an ideal of how many miles you want to ride and what your wanting to see. I put up some suggestions.

DrLewall 10-30-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdawg12 (Post 19933396)
How many miles do you call a "day"?

Lots of good loops. Give me an ideal of how many miles you want to ride and what your wanting to see. I put up some suggestions.

a day can be anywhere from 75 miles to 225..beyond 225, wears you out pretty good

mdawg12 10-30-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrLewall (Post 19934205)
a day can be anywhere from 75 miles to 225..beyond 225, wears you out pretty good

I don't know. That varies a lot. Slab rides on our trips I expect to average 600 miles a day. Short days on slow scenic roads - 350/day. Open road up to 800/day. Longest we've done is 1,100 miles. Got up in Craig, CO and finished in Siloam. But then I have been told that I have little sense in these matters to put it mildly :evil

Dirt/trail - whole different story....:nod

citationman 10-30-2012 04:18 PM

Thinking one day and 200 miles or so. Taking the wife and have not received my new Russel Daylong seat yet.:wink:

mdawg12 10-30-2012 04:44 PM

How about this to start with. Lots of options and re routes from this. Been a long time since I've rode some of this. Others may chime in on different variations.



https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...21811231&msa=0

dogjaw 10-30-2012 05:28 PM

Hwy 7 north to Ola is a great road, then west to Mt Nebo; from there on to Mt Magazine if you're feeling sparky...

dogjaw 10-30-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdawg12 (Post 19935220)
How about this to start with. Lots of options and re routes from this. Been a long time since I've rode some of this. Others may chime in on different variations.



https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...21811231&msa=0

Oops, sorry, didn't see that you had posted this, great route

tokyoklahoma 10-30-2012 05:48 PM

Switchbacks
 
Mt. Nebo, Mt. Magazine, and the road up to the park in the middle of Hot Springs have some of the sharpest, steepest, nastiest, most exquisite switchbacks in the state.:evil

I'm not responsible for the fines, etc. that may be a result of this information.:deal :lol3

citationman 10-31-2012 05:38 AM

Thank for the input.

citationman 11-05-2012 05:22 AM

Did the Talimena Scenic Drive on Saturday, there were more bikes than cars and the leaves were spectacular. :D

DrLewall 11-05-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by citationman (Post 19972835)
Did the Talimena Scenic Drive on Saturday, there were more bikes than cars and the leaves were spectacular. :D

well of course..one of the Ozarks, "Dragon" rides..we have so many!

mdawg12 11-05-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by citationman (Post 19972835)
Did the Talimena Scenic Drive on Saturday, there were more bikes than cars and the leaves were spectacular. :D

Excellent choice. I drive through there when I go home to see my folks.

Good Pirate hunting. :evil

What route did you take over and back?

citationman 11-13-2012 07:00 PM

Took the 270 back. Not near as nice but made up some time. Looking forward to a trip back.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014