ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Australia (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Kenilworth to Kingaroy? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839056)

Eric66 11-05-2012 12:08 AM

Kenilworth to Kingaroy?
 
Has anyone done this, or are there tracks? Would make a great over- nighter, either camping at Joh's dam or pub in town.Looks like some good country on Google maps.
Regards Eric

Hardhead 11-05-2012 12:29 AM

Lots of good riding between Kenillworth, Imbil, and across to Nanango. I haven't made it out as far as Kingaroy but Im sure you could make 2 solid days out there and back.

Plan it and they will come

mcguyver 11-05-2012 02:31 AM

Give Col a call at South Burnett motorcycles in Kingaroy. He does this fairly regularly and would be happy to share the route am sure

Dusty Rhodes 11-05-2012 02:47 AM

Yeah as said lots of good riding through that area. There is some gravel to be found between Nanango and the Roy but I bypass the town centre as I'm usually heading further west.

Are you after a route or just a general inquiry ?

Dusty

Beer'o'clock Baz 11-05-2012 02:49 AM

This sounds like a two night camping trip - im back in december - like was stated " plan it and they will come "

livo 11-05-2012 04:46 PM

Hell yeah - my DR-Z is up in Kinga....... I need info on more tracks around that area. I'd be keen for a multi-day ride over summer :freaky

Blakduk 11-05-2012 08:57 PM

It's been a long time since I was on it, but the Memerambi-Barker Creek road was a nice way to get across from Nanango/Murgon towards Kingaroy.

Uncle Crumpet 11-06-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes (Post 19972264)
Yeah as said lots of good riding through that area. There is some gravel to be found between Nanango and the Roy but I bypass the town centre as I'm usually heading further west.

Are you after a route or just a general inquiry ?

Dusty

You spelt it wrong!:rofl sorry couldn't resist!:rofl if the OP goes through Kilkivan it could be a KKK ride!

Eric66 11-06-2012 01:04 AM

Thanks for all the replies guys.Just daydreaming about a 2 day ride and that area looks like it has a bit of everything. If anyone has a route or knows some good roads or tracks please post them.
Regards Eric

Beer'o'clock Baz 11-06-2012 01:25 AM

bita let down - just looking for some track logs- ya gota earn gps tracks

tank slappa 11-06-2012 02:15 AM

[QUOTE=mcguyver;19972240]Give Col a call at South Burnett motorcycles in Kingaroy.

Col could help 4162 2222, and could possibly organise company if you wanted ?.

Eric66 11-06-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B2 (Post 19980025)
bita let down - just looking for some track logs- ya gota earn gps tracks

Sorry for asking,GPS no good to me,flat out using a mobile ph:D Might do what I normally do and just go and have a looksee.
Regards Eric

livo 11-06-2012 03:09 AM

Do that - no bad roads around Kinga.

Memarambi-barkers creek rd is good and about half way there is a turn to the north (starts with a 'c' or something) takes you right into Cherbourg forest. A few good trails and stuff in there

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric66 (Post 19980120)
Sorry for asking,GPS no good to me,flat out using a mobile ph:D Might do what I normally do and just go and have a looksee.
Regards Eric


livo 11-06-2012 03:11 AM

Hmmmmm, maybe I might have to organise a pre-xmas ride once I'm back from NZ in December. If I do, I'll start a new thread and hopefully get some takers :freaky


Quote:

Originally Posted by B2 (Post 19972265)
This sounds like a two night camping trip - im back in december - like was stated " plan it and they will come "


Beer'o'clock Baz 11-06-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livo (Post 19980209)
Hmmmmm, maybe I might have to organise a pre-xmas ride once I'm back from NZ in December. If I do, I'll start a new thread and hopefully get some takers :freaky

Was just talking to the guys i ride with the weekend of the 15th of december is our next trip if you have some special places you wan't to take us :evil


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014