ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   GS Boxers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Changed idle 1150GS (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839058)

Gintaronas 11-05-2012 12:21 AM

Changed idle 1150GS

Hi,

I have noticed that since the weather became colder (+5...+10C), my bike's idle is now about 950-1000 rpm. In summer time I set it to about 1100 rpm, but now it has dropped. Is it normal or does it mean temperature sensor is not working correctly?
By the way, this is not the first time I notice that. I have been observing a contrary situation in beginning of summer: after setting idle to ~1100rpm in early spring, it raised to above 1200rpm in the beginning of summer. This is a bit annoying, because you have to resync the TBs when adjusting BBSs.

Any ideas?

G.

Smilin' Dave 11-05-2012 06:24 AM

This could be caused by a "winter blend" of fuel.

Gintaronas 11-05-2012 06:33 AM

Good point! Thanks.

G.

ragtoplvr 11-05-2012 08:22 AM

This is normal. Idle speed also changes with altitude. And the drag on the engine from oil viscosity in the engine and transmission is higher. Normally for winter I set my idle up to 1200, so I don't have to worry about stalling. A also want less engine braking since tires will be cold. When real cold I may leave the fast idle lever up all the time.

roger 04 rt 11-05-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gintaronas (Post 19972054)
Hi,

I have noticed that since the weather became colder (+5...+10C), my bike's idle is now about 950-1000 rpm. In summer time I set it to about 1100 rpm, but now it has dropped. Is it normal or does it mean temperature sensor is not working correctly?
By the way, this is not the first time I notice that. I have been observing a contrary situation in beginning of summer: after setting idle to ~1100rpm in early spring, it raised to above 1200rpm in the beginning of summer. This is a bit annoying, because you have to resync the TBs when adjusting BBSs.

Any ideas?

G.

This just happened to me for the second time.

I own an '04 1150 and notice that occasionally the idle drops off. Usually I adjust and re-sync but I've noticed that each time I do, and then later run Techron Concentrate in a 1 ounce per gallon dosage for one tank of fuel, the idle comes back up and then I have to re-sync again. You would think I would learn to run the Techron first!

Anyway try running some Techron Concentrate through your fuel system.
RB

vagueout 11-05-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gintaronas (Post 19972054)
Hi,

Any ideas?

G.

Absolutely normal behaviour. Why is a throttle sync a problem? So many posts around on the topic, make your own manometer etc threads. I always look forward to doing a quick throttle sync, sharpens my pig up nicely.:*sip*

Gintaronas 11-06-2012 01:10 AM

Thanks for suggestions

Thanks, I will try some cleaner.

No, syncing is not a problem, it just takes some time. Like 5 minutes or so. I could just ride those 5 minutes :D

Gintaras

vagueout 11-06-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gintaronas (Post 19980005)
Thanks, I will try some cleaner.

No, syncing is not a problem, it just takes some time. Like 5 minutes or so. I could just ride those 5 minutes :D

Gintaras

If that be so why are you sitting in front of a computer??:cob:dunno

Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:30 PM.