ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Ohv tag for crown king (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839739)

Kevinsterner 11-07-2012 05:13 PM

Ohv tag for crown king
 
My Dad has a plate with an ohv tag on his quad. Is it legal to ride it to Crown King?

4play 11-07-2012 05:24 PM

In the town of Crown King you are supposed to be sreet legal.

seabee1 11-07-2012 06:53 PM

With a plate and ohv tag, he's golden.

4play 11-07-2012 06:56 PM

Don, he's talking about an offroad plate I believe. I have seen them stopping/checking for tags in CK.

KTMSER 11-07-2012 07:49 PM

Senator in and out of Crown King as well as in town you must be street legal, insurance and tags the RV plate OHV sticker is for off road...
I have seen Yavapai County Sheriffs sit just west of the back side (FR711) and send non street legal vehicles back down. On Senator just west of Cleator I have seen them with tow trucks impounding non street legal vehicles and issuing tickets...
They generally do this a few times a year..

Kevinsterner 11-08-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinsterner (Post 19995065)
My Dad has a plate with an ohv tag on his quad. Is it legal to ride it to Crown King?

Thanks for all the input. I think we will pass on a CK trip

seabee1 11-08-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4play (Post 19995886)
Don, he's talking about an offroad plate I believe. I have seen them stopping/checking for tags in CK.

My bad. I didn't know there were different plates.
Why would you plate a bike (or quad) if it didn't make it street legal?

cyberdos 11-08-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seabee1 (Post 20000437)
My bad. I didn't know there were different plates.
Why would you plate a bike (or quad) if it didn't make it street legal?

$$

sw3dl1 11-08-2012 01:57 PM

I just got back from DMV about an hour ago.
I wanted to transfer a CA title and get an AZ title only for a bike I bought about a month ago. No plates, just a title. The bike in question does not run as of yet and I saw no reason to do anything more then get the title changed from CA to an AZ title in my name.
I was advise that as of Sept, 2012, DMV will not issue a title only with out issuing plates as well.
I advised the clerk of an insurance delima on a plated bike. If it has plates, it must have insurance or they would be notifing me of the suspension of my plates an registration.
Mke a long story short, I had to transfer the title, plate the bike, and sign a "De-Insure Affidavit".
What a rip.

cyberdos 11-08-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw3dl1 (Post 20001466)
I just got back from DMV about an hour ago.
I wanted to transfer a CA title and get an AZ title only for a bike I bought about a month ago. No plates, just a title. The bike in question does not run as of yet and I saw no reason to do anything more then get the title changed from CA to an AZ title in my name.
I was advise that as of Sept, 2012, DMV will not issue a title only with out issuing plates as well.
I advised the clerk of an insurance delima on a plated bike. If it has plates, it must have insurance or they would be notifing me of the suspension of my plates an registration.
Mke a long story short, I had to transfer the title, plate the bike, and sign a "De-Insure Affidavit".
What a rip.

$$

thank you, next.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014