ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Thumpers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Why Does It Have To Always Be A Harley...... (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842739)

elite1 11-20-2012 05:53 PM

Why Does It Have To Always Be A Harley......

So, I'm in outside sales and I walk in to see one of my new customers. In an effort to start up a conversation, I told him I just picked an old motorcycle. Heres how the conversation went.......

Me - "So, I just picked up an old motorcycle I've been messing with......"

Him - "Cool. What did you get? Shovelhead? Knucklehead?"

Me - " Nah, Nah, its an old Honda. Ft500 Ascot. 1982. Thumper."

Him - "Only bike worth owning is a Harley......"

HERE WE GO......

Me - "Oh, you ride? Whatcha got?"

Him - "I dont own a bike."

Me - "You dont?"

Him - "Nope, but I do know enough to know that the only bike worth owning is a Harley."

WTF??? Okay, we're done here.......

Midnullarbor 11-20-2012 07:14 PM

Difficult to know what to say when you suddenly find that you are talking to a complete Knucklehead.

Could try :
"Sure, Harley is the only bike worth owning, if you want to impress other Harley owners."
And if courageous enough, you could add (with a shrug) :
"But if you don't really care about their opinions, then you'll find a lot more bikes to choose from."
Though even that's getting uncomfortably close to The Customer Is Wrong.

Obviously this guy owns some major bad Karma from the past . . . otherwise he would have been born with a brain from higher up the Evolution Tree.
Charitably, you can hope his next re-incarnation turns out better.

Stretch67 11-20-2012 07:29 PM

In before the move...

"I know too much about motorcycles to own a Harley."

LarryGee 11-20-2012 07:34 PM

Here's my response, and I've owned and ridden Hardly Movingson's for 25 years, including a 52 Pan and an 06 Ultra...

...Yeah, Well, I'm not into antiques.....

elite1 11-20-2012 08:23 PM

What kills me is that he is giving me shit and he doesn't even ride!

miguelitro 11-20-2012 08:30 PM

"My hoa has rules against vehicles that leak oil."

satur9 11-22-2012 03:19 PM

theres no replacement for displacement....

oh wait there is,its called modern technology.its because of those acient aircooled lumps of steel called harleys that everyone who doesnt ride thinks that every bike needs to be over 1000 cc . there are tons of bikes with half the displacement of most harleys that are way way faster.whenever people ask why I dont ride a harley I show them a picture of my bike in the 7 degrees snow that I rode to work in .and say when a harley can do this and gravel and get 65 mpg. I will buy one.

Tammy 11-22-2012 05:34 PM

you have to feel sorry for the guy he may never know what it feels like to ride the way we know it....

wannabe1 11-22-2012 06:26 PM

It's really simple. Harley Davidsons are an icon here in the USA and worldwide. HD is easily the most popular name in the motorcycle industry especially to non-riders. Really no reason to be offended.

NHADV 11-22-2012 06:55 PM

I have a feeling no matter what conversation you would of had with that guy most likely would have went the same way. Should have brought up the election.

cyclewizard 11-22-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elite1 (Post 20087116)
So, I'm in outside sales and I walk in to see one of my new customers. In an effort to start up a conversation, I told him I just picked an old motorcycle. Heres how the conversation went.......

Me - "So, I just picked up an old motorcycle I've been messing with......"

Him - "Cool. What did you get? Shovelhead? Knucklehead?"

Me - " Nah, Nah, its an old Honda. Ft500 Ascot. 1982. Thumper."

HERE WE GO......

Me - "Oh, you ride? Whatcha got?"

Him - "I dont own a bike."

Me - "You dont?"

Him - "Nope, but I do know enough to know that the only bike worth owning is a Harley."

WTF??? Okay, we're done here.......

There's no magic pill for stupid..:lol3 Harleys are made in China would have been my come back...:D

I took a tour of the Harley museum and their t-shirts and clothing were stamped made in China, I laughed my ass off when I seen that.

Night Falcon 11-22-2012 10:02 PM

you could have told him all bikes no matter what the branding are made in the same Harley factory in japan ever since the secret bike testing facility in area 51 was closed down by the government due to aliens trying steel our two wheeled technology....at least that would be close to the truth :norton

BJZ 11-22-2012 10:13 PM

Has happened many times

Oh you ride? So what kind of bike you ride?
KTM
Does Harley Davidson make it?

opmike 11-22-2012 11:10 PM

These people are given way too much bandwidth dedicated to them on this site.

They are dumbasses in long history of dumbasses and they will undoubtedly raise their crotch fruit to be dumbasses as well.

We need another plague. Yeah, my dumbass would probably be the first one to get sick, but it's the principle that matters here :1drink

Droptarotter 11-22-2012 11:37 PM

Just show them this..................

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...r/IMGP1344.jpg[/IMG]

Cheers

Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:18 AM.