ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Motorcycle rental in sunny Cambodia (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843081)

jtw000 11-22-2012 07:47 AM

Motorcycle rental in sunny Cambodia

I'm an English ex-pat living in Phnom Penh, Cambodia after riding here from London on my BMW single. So I decided to stay and have started to build up a small motorcycle rental company. If you've ever been to Cambodia then you'd understand, my friend came over a few weeks ago and borrowed a 250 from a local dealer. It was rotten and covered in rust but the best of a bad lot. It broke down twice in two days, I fixed it once, the second time it had to be towed away and it cost him a days rental.
So my bikes are looked after like they're my bikes. They're clean and tidy and carefully maintained to Western standard. Also, it doesn't hurt that my prices are cheaper than the locals with no hidden extras or significant risk of unforeseen incidents (such as stealing the bike back and charging you for the loss which does happen here.)
This is basically a hobby and an extension of my love of all things motorcycle. I'm obviously leaning towards singles and bikes are generally smaller here then in the West so 250s are the norm.
I have two Honda XR250 Bajas and 2 Honda XL250 degrees. All are in excellent shape. I'm in the process of sorting out bark-busters and bash plates for all and screens for the Bajas. The XRs are more rugged and respectable offroad while the XLs are water cooled and slightly lower/lighter making them better in the monstrous Phnom Penh traffic. All are well able to cope with the potholes and are fine for exploring up and down the dirt paths which riddle the town.
I also have several 125 automatic scooters which are ideal if you're staying in town.
Prices are as follows,

125 Automatic
$5 daily
$25 Weekly
$70 Monthly

Honda XL250 Degree
$15 Daily
$75 Weekly
$200 Monthly

Honda XR250 Baja
$15 Daily
$90 Weekly
$250 Monthly

All bikes are subject to a deposit and we hold passports for security. There is no valid insurance here so all damages to bikes have to be settled before return of security. Driving standards here are laughably bad and it doesn't matter whose fault it is, unfortunately. I was rammed by a car and left for dead, the driver sped off. It happens here, the police are totally ineffective and the law is not taken very seriously. Valid motorcycle license to show competency on 250s but we don't hold those, just want to see it.
I also have a Suzuki DR BIG 800 for those longer hops down the coast. Price on that is

$60 Daily
$300 Weekly
$800 Monthly

As parts can't be locally sourced any damage to that will be expensive so there will be a deposit reqired against damage. There currently is none and i want to keep it that way so proof of competence is required.
Deals can be made if renting a pair for touring so contact for details. I'm cheaper than the locals as they don't do any discount for longer terms. I'm also cheaper than the backpacker places who rent out scooters, I know this because I'm supplying a fair few of them at the above prices.
Contact me for bookings at

BMWXC07@hotmail.com

...or PM me here with questions. Mention the ADV site for an additional 10% discount. Pics of you riding your own bike will count as proof of competency for bikes with gears.
Thanks guys. Pics to follow...

Jack

kevinj 11-23-2012 12:16 AM

I'll have to find an excuse to go to Cambodia :).

jtw000 11-23-2012 02:53 AM

Beer is 50cents a glass, cigarettes are 35cents for 20, the roads are terrible, the mountains are great, the women are friendly, bikes are welcome, visas are cheap and nobody cares what you do.

There's a few to get you started... :evil

gatogato 08-25-2013 04:28 PM

My friend and I are flying in on Nov 10th and staying until the 24th. We are interested in renting from you.

tommygun31 09-23-2013 06:10 AM

Hello I am going over to Cambodia in middle of November too and also looking for a bike to hire. Looking at something around 400cc e.g XR or DRZ or something similar.

Is it possible to organise this?

GatoGato maybe you want to join up for a ride with me and my mate? The guy I am meeting there is currently on his Perth->Estonia trip :D

We are looking at doing PP to Siam Reap or something like that.

incudie 09-24-2013 11:50 PM

Hey Jack thanks for the post!
Just PMed/emailed ya. I'm in Hanoi and looking to fly over to your neck of the woods soon. Was hoping I could rent a bike =).

Thanks,

Tim

sannemelman 12-15-2013 01:30 PM

rent motor

Hello BMWXC07@hotmail.com,
I receive a failure when I send u an email.
I'm really interested in renting motors with you in july 2014 (if possible).
This year we drove around Vietnam with 250 cc Honda bikes and we are looking for something similar.
Can you help us with this?
greetings,
Sanne and Sjoerd, Holland (sanne4u@hotmail.com)

VTbeemer 12-15-2013 04:47 PM

Cambodia bike rentals

Heads up...

I contacted the op jtw000 last year regarding renting some bikes. We corresponded fine until just before I left for Cambodia. Then no contact or response...seems he went AWOL. This was this past Jan. I quickly adjusted and found:

http://www.angkormotorcycles.com

They were terrific, professional and the bikes were fine for the two weeks we circled the entire country. I would recommend the 250 Honda Baja. anything larger is mostly unnecessary. Travel light!!

They are based in Phenom Penh.

Highly recommended!!

Cambodia was an awesome country...you will love it!

Dan

Simonhantler 02-19-2014 09:48 AM

Motorbike rental

Hi jack can you give me your contacts as we are looking to rent dirtbikes off you in seat oct for 3 weeks.
Simon from Nz

Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:23 AM.