ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Thumpers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Do the KLX250SF wheels fit on the KLX 250s (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843184)

speedracer3232 11-22-2012 05:12 PM

Do the KLX250SF wheels fit on the KLX 250s
 
all i want to know is if the stock OEM wheels on the KLX250SF http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmot...8761#sch638520 Will fit directly on my 2009 klx250s i know theres other modifications i will have to do like kickstand will be longer etc but i strictly want to know if the wheels will fit.

cjbiker 11-22-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedracer3232 (Post 20100532)
all i want to know is if the stock OEM wheels on the KLX250SF http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmot...8761#sch638520 Will fit directly on my 2009 klx250s i know theres other modifications i will have to do like kickstand will be longer etc but i strictly want to know if the wheels will fit.

Yes, the wheels fit perfectly.

If you're using the front brake rotor from the SF wheels, you'll need the caliper bracket too.

speedracer3232 11-22-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbiker (Post 20100592)
Yes, the wheels fit perfectly.

If you're using the front brake rotor from the SF wheels, you'll need the caliper bracket too.


can i just use my S brake pads and S disc on the SF wheels or do i need to also buy the SF brakes/Disc .. i just wanted the wheels that was it.

cjbiker 11-22-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedracer3232 (Post 20100827)
can i just use my S brake pads and S disc on the SF wheels or do i need to also buy the SF brakes/Disc .. i just wanted the wheels that was it.

I think so, but I'm not 100% sure if the S disc will fit the SF hub. The part numbers for the hubs are not exactly the same, but I think that's because the S is silver and the SF is black. Worst case, you get the SF wheels, your disc doesn't fit, so you need to get the SF disc and caliper bracket. The caliper and brake pads will work, no need to worry about that.

I will add that the SF disc is really nice on the street. Gives the bike really powerful front brakes.

speedracer3232 11-22-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbiker (Post 20100876)
I think so, but I'm not 100% sure if the S disc will fit the SF hub. The part numbers for the hubs are not exactly the same, but I think that's because the S is silver and the SF is black. Worst case, you get the SF wheels, your disc doesn't fit, so you need to get the SF disc and caliper bracket. The caliper and brake pads will work, no need to worry about that.

I will add that the SF disc is really nice on the street. Gives the bike really powerful front brakes.

Alright Thanks alot so your 100% sure that those OEM SF wheels will fit my S correct? and do you have an SF?

cjbiker 11-22-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedracer3232 (Post 20100927)
Alright Thanks alot so your 100% sure that those OEM SF wheels will fit my S correct? and do you have an SF?

Yes, I have an SF that I changed the forks and shock to the S model parts. I have both the S and SF wheels and I swap the wheels back and forth. The bike will be a little more squirrelly with the SF wheels. Make sure your rear shock sag is set properly, as too little sag makes it worse.

speedracer3232 11-22-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbiker (Post 20100976)
Yes, I have an SF that I changed the forks and shock to the S model parts. I have both the S and SF wheels and I swap the wheels back and forth. The bike will be a little more squirrelly with the SF wheels. Make sure your rear shock sag is set properly, as too little sag makes it worse.

so your suggesting i adjust it to more sag then? because the S sits pretty high up so when i put the SF wheels on it im guessing more sag would be better? Im a new to this sorry about all the questions

speedracer3232 11-22-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbiker (Post 20100976)
Yes, I have an SF that I changed the forks and shock to the S model parts. I have both the S and SF wheels and I swap the wheels back and forth. The bike will be a little more squirrelly with the SF wheels. Make sure your rear shock sag is set properly, as too little sag makes it worse.

and howcome you changed the forks? are the forks not the same on both

cjbiker 11-23-2012 04:53 AM

If there isn't enough sag in the rear suspension, the back of the bike sits up too high and makes the head tube angle too steep. That quickens the steering, couple that with the smaller front wheel, it can get unstable. Just set your sag correctly, and it's no big deal. Search the web for how to set the sag, it's easy. You want to set it at about 1/3 of the total rear wheel travel, pretty much the standard setting for dirt bikes. I only mentioned it because these bikes seem to come set up with too little sag for most riders.

The SF forks and shock have less travel. I wanted to use my bike off road with the S wheels, so I swapped the forks, shock, handlebars, cables, front fender, kickstand, etc.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014