ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Orange Crush (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   2 into1exhaust and mapping (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843720)

Ladukebob 11-25-2012 10:29 AM

2 into1exhaust and mapping

I'm running the Akro's with the Akro mapping and am thinking about going to the 2 into 1 exhaust. Anyone here with a 2011 and the Akro's made the change? And if so, did you have to change the mapping back to stock or did the Akro map still work after going to the single Akro?

The local tkm mechanic suggested that because of the added back pressure of a single pipe that the stock mapping would work better. He's top notch but thought I'd ask here before going forward.

I really like the looks of CJ's aux. fuel tank and want to go that direction.

Cheers

Zuber 11-25-2012 06:14 PM

I have the 2010 990 Adv, made my own 2-1 exhaust. Tried the stock map, it was ok, but not great, somewhat unbalanced with surges and flat spots.

The Akro map is way too rich, even for the Akro exhaust and the mileage sucks without the O2 sensors.

Get the TuneECU program and cable or find someone. Use the: power-trippktm990advwings.hex program, which is for the 09-up 990 adv with a 2-1 exhaust. It is the closest program you'll find. Good mileage at 42-45mpg. Throttle response is incredible. He did very good work with the ignition mapping.

Ladukebob 11-25-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuber (Post 20116717)
I have the 2010 990 Adv, made my own 2-1 exhaust. Tried the stock map, it was ok, but not great, somewhat unbalanced with surges and flat spots.

The Akro map is way too rich, even for the Akro exhaust and the mileage sucks without the O2 sensors.

Get the TuneECU program and cable or find someone. Use the: power-trippktm990advwings.hex program, which is for the 09-up 990 adv with a 2-1 exhaust. It is the closest program you'll find. Good mileage at 42-45mpg. Throttle response is incredible. He did very good work with the ignition mapping.

Thanks Zuber. It would be fun to work with someone who has experience in the mapping dept. I've spent a little time reading through the tune ecu thread but feel like I'm missing quite a bit. I'll keep plugging along.

Hondo 11-27-2012 06:46 AM

I have a Remus Roxx installed - went from stock with no map changes and no problems.

Ladukebob 11-27-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondo (Post 20126055)
I have a Remus Roxx installed - went from stock with no map changes and no problems.

Just finished reading your install thread. Good Stuff! Thanks for posting that.

Looks like from the few responses to this thread that only Zuber has made this mod with the Akro can. Really thought there were "others" out there :eek1

spencergt66 11-27-2012 07:36 AM

I would definitely like some pointers too changed from a 2-1 with a FMF can to a 2-1 Wings titanium went thi the titanium slip on Map 07 ADV Havent had a chance to run it yet but I have a feeling its going to be too rich was not a fan of the stock map with the FMF just seemed choked up

Zuber 12-07-2012 10:14 PM

There's a large 2-1 exhaust thread, lots more info there. Give the stock map a try, it's not too bad. It's just that that 'wings' map is so much better.

If you get over to the Corvallis area I could throw a map at you.

Goofy12 12-07-2012 10:44 PM

Those of you that have 2-1's. Do you know if you have the standard size inlet on your silencer,
or did you jump the inlet size up to a 2 1/4"?
Seems like this would have a big effect on tuning....:ear

Ladukebob 12-08-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuber (Post 20202863)
There's a large 2-1 exhaust thread, lots more info there. Give the stock map a try, it's not too bad. It's just that that 'wings' map is so much better.

If you get over to the Corvallis area I could throw a map at you.

I just might take you up on that someday :wink:

Cheers

Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:28 PM.