ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Lynchburg, VA (and outlying areas, Forest, Evington, Madison Heights, etc) (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844053)

Mava 11-26-2012 11:58 AM

Lynchburg, VA

I've been around these forums for a little while and I figure that I see enough adventure/enduro/DS bikes around town from time to time that surely there must be a few of you on here. If nothing else I figure this is would be a good way to know who's around but also to share riding spots, etc,

I'm always looking for some place new to ride, mostly off-pavement and I feel like I have to go a ways to find it. That may not change, but it's worth a shot.

XDragRacer 11-26-2012 06:29 PM

My suggestion, check out the "NOVA Weekend Rides" thread.

Lots of 'em are within striking distance of Leesburg.

And, check out "Northern Virginia Tag-a-rama," in fact, a tag site comes to mind, not too far away from that city!

bwalsh 11-26-2012 06:36 PM

Lynchburg, not Leesburg.

About 165 miles South of Leesburg. I know, honest mistake. :D

There are some inmates down that way. Sooner or later someone will speak up.
There is also an inmate down near Bedford who hosts a DS get together at least once a year.

Mava 11-27-2012 09:01 AM

Good catch, walsh. I am indeed a stone's throw from Leesburg.

bwalsh 11-27-2012 09:41 AM

Well know you have me confused...:scratch Not to worry, that's easy to do.:D

Come to think of it I do remember you posting on one of the NOVA threads...XDragRacer was correct if you want to ride out from the Leesburg area.

So I assume you're looking for riding opportunities down in the Lynchburg area, correct? There are some active DS riders in the Charlottesville area in the Charlottesville thread(and good places to ride) but they don't usually venture down that far.

XDragRacer 11-27-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwalsh (Post 20123579)
I know, honest mistake. :D

That it was; coincidental that Mava is proximate to Leesburg.

All -burgs look alike, to me! :rofl

Mava 11-27-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwalsh (Post 20127213)
Well know you have me confused...:scratch Not to worry, that's easy to do.:D

Come to think of it I do remember you posting on one of the NOVA threads...XDragRacer was correct if you want to ride out from the Leesburg area.

So I assume you're looking for riding opportunities down in the Lynchburg area, correct? There are some active DS riders in the Charlottesville area in the Charlottesville thread(and good places to ride) but they don't usually venture down that far.

Correct -- I don't think there's much around here except for JNF (which is fun!), but I just thought I'd check in with any other members in the area.

goosecreek 11-27-2012 02:11 PM

Hey Mava I live in the area and ride most of the year. I stay on dirt or gravel as much as possible. Just let me know when you want to ride.

Mava 11-28-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goosecreek (Post 20128951)
Hey Mava I live in the area and ride most of the year. I stay on dirt or gravel as much as possible. Just let me know when you want to ride.

Any recommended dirt riding spots?

Pomo 11-28-2012 07:22 AM

So we're talking about Lynchburg, right? :scratch :lol3

Head over towards the BRP, there are hundreds of dirt roads around there ranging from :D to :eek1. Might be a little cold right about now though.

Mava 11-28-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pomo (Post 20133705)
So we're talking about Lynchburg, right? :scratch :lol3

Head over towards the BRP, there are hundreds of dirt roads around there ranging from :D to :eek1. Might be a little cold right about now though.

Yeah, I need to do some more exploring of the roads that branch from the BRP that are in the JNF, but it's not super close (15 mi to the parkway and then finding the dirt from there ---I'm not complaining though!), plus, like you said it is colder this time of year at the higher elevation.

Pomo 11-28-2012 10:14 AM

You don't have to look far if you get on the Parkway off of 501. That's right near where the Memorial Day Weekend campouts were held, and it was never a long haul to get to dirt. goosecreek can hook you up, we got into all kinds of trouble just off the parkway. :deal :lol3

goosecreek 11-28-2012 01:12 PM

Hey Patrick how ya doing ? Looks like you have been having fun out there.
I can go for a ride on Dec.8 Mava.

Rocktruggy03 11-28-2012 01:39 PM

Hey guys. Lynchburg rider here. I'll be picking up my first KLR sometime in December.

goosecreek 11-28-2012 01:57 PM

How you doing Rocktruggy03 pm me when you get that klr so we can go for a ride.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:09 AM.