ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   2013 GNCC Race Schedule (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844144)

dualsportride 11-26-2012 06:13 PM

2013 GNCC Race Schedule
 
Here is the printable 2013 GNCC Race Schedule. A GNCC is pretty much a Hare Scramble.

2013 GNCC Schedule

crankshaft 11-26-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dualsportride (Post 20123398)
Here is the printable 2013 GNCC Race Schedule. A GNCC is pretty much a Hare Scramble.

2013 GNCC Schedule

I thinks its more of a GP race actually

Tbone 11-27-2012 05:02 AM

Pretty much a HS at River Ranch anyway. I'll be racing that one again this year.

dualsportride 11-27-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbone (Post 20125541)
Pretty much a HS at River Ranch anyway. I'll be racing that one again this year.

I agree the Iron Man in Indiana is a hare scramble pretty much, just wide enough for a quad.

crankshaft 11-27-2012 09:00 AM

I raced Unadilla this year and had a blast. The MX track was amazing!

nachtflug 11-27-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dualsportride (Post 20123398)
A GNCC is pretty much a Hare Scramble.

thanks for the link but I'll disagree with the "pretty much a hare scramble".

I was able to watch the GNCC this year (my first) @ Unadilla up close and personal and it was pretty amazing what those guys dealt with. throw in the fact that several hundred crazies are all trying to get through the same trail at the same time at a high rate of speed it was a pure controlled mayhem in motion. throw in the fact that (at Unadilla) they also got to play with Gravity Cavity and the Sky Shot and you've got en event of epic porportions. Can't wait to see more of them.

nachtflug 11-27-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nachtflug (Post 20127081)
thanks for the link but I'll disagree with the "pretty much a hare scramble".

I was able to watch the GNCC this year (my first) @ Unadilla up close and personal and it was pretty amazing what those guys dealt with.

correction. Guys and girls. And a girl won the guys class the event after Unadilla. :deal

Tbone 11-27-2012 09:37 AM

That Unadilla round looked especially nuts with that large turnout. I know the race down here was pretty much our usual terrain, it just didn't have any double green arrows to force certain lines.

ct-ktm 11-27-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nachtflug (Post 20127081)
thanks for the link but I'll disagree with the "pretty much a hare scramble".

I was able to watch the GNCC this year (my first) @ Unadilla up close and personal and it was pretty amazing what those guys dealt with. throw in the fact that several hundred crazies are all trying to get through the same trail at the same time at a high rate of speed it was a pure controlled mayhem in motion. throw in the fact that (at Unadilla) they also got to play with Gravity Cavity and the Sky Shot and you've got en event of epic porportions. Can't wait to see more of them.

You need to go watch a netra harescamble..!..I have raced Unadilla and compared to most tracks around here it is pretty easy going...If you can race a quad or a sidexside it really is not the tight..

crankshaft 11-27-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct-ktm (Post 20127270)
You need to go watch a netra harescamble..!..I have raced Unadilla and compared to most tracks around here it is pretty easy going...If you can race a quad or a sidexside it really is not the tight..

I've also done both and Netra and ECEA enduro and I never felt Unadilla was any easier. The traffic made it more difficult I thought. At a Netra HS, you're pretty much alone after the start. 600+ people on an 8 mile course, do the math:lol3

Tbone 11-27-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crankshaft (Post 20127334)
I've also done both and Netra and ECEA enduro and I never felt Unadilla was any easier. The traffic made it more difficult I thought. At a Netra HS, you're pretty much alone after the start. 600+ people on an 8 mile course, do the math:lol3

Watching the helmet cameras it looked like you guys were never out of the traffic!

dualsportride 11-27-2012 10:14 AM

Ok a GP or a Hare scramble we will leave that to your point of view they are still fun rides with lots of riders to pass or be passed by. I agree with the trails are wider then a normal hare scramble here in Indiana. I have never done a GP so that is why I called it a hare scramble.

pbarmy 11-27-2012 11:01 AM

Been to the Penton a few times,the speed the pros go through the woods is amazing!:eek1

ct-ktm 11-27-2012 11:01 AM

Tomatoes...tomotos.....:lol3

crankshaft 11-27-2012 11:12 AM

I'm hoping to ride the snowshoe event, the video looks good!


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014