ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   KHuddy (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844647)

dapman 11-28-2012 04:59 PM

KHuddy

For those not following Facebook, it has come to pass that our close friend and fellow Gruver & Pterodactyl... D2D Logistics Coordinator and General SmartAss/Instigator has been going thru some health issues recently. Kevin is currently in treatment for throat cancer, going thru Radiation and Chemo. Prognosis is good, and reports are that he's getting down to fighting weight, so watch out young bucs there'sgonna be a new stud in town when D2D rolls around this June!

Fight hard Kevin, can't wait to hoist one w/ you and Annie in the Downtown Bar w/ the group:freaky... Remember, bald is beautiful, as I should know... and Legion... and Fastlane... and The Dick... and AKTroy... and AKBob... and USbyGS... and Ptero... the list just keeps going and going...:lol3

You're in our thoughts and prayers dude!

Cubdriver 11-28-2012 10:18 PM

Kevin, had no idea. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I will lead a coffee toast on Friday morning for you. Dick

AKDuc 11-28-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubdriver (Post 20139544)
Kevin, had no idea. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

+1 Blessings, Mark H.

ADVBMR 11-28-2012 11:30 PM

Good wishes to both of you, Kevin and Annie. Counting on you being in Dawson.

ThatGuy 11-28-2012 11:37 PM

Praying for you buddy!

prime 11-28-2012 11:47 PM

Thinking of you down in BC.
Keep up the good fight.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

legion 11-28-2012 11:59 PM

Hang in there, Kev. Once you finally get to that magical 'bald is beautiful' point we'll send you a commemorative buff pad with all our names on it and a picture of dick.

I don't have a real good prayer connection and I'm not sure how to lead a coffee toast but if it's possible to send best intentions long distances; brace for a bunch of good thoughts and strength from me. Keep a paper sack handy in case the first few batches make you woozy.

Good luck and don't pass up a good opportunity to whine to Annie!

The Dick 11-29-2012 06:45 AM

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Slay the bastard invader and you won't be looking like no Dick when you are back for D2D.

All the best to you both!

BARB 11-29-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legion (Post 20139768)
Hang in there, Kev. Once you finally get to that magical 'bald is beautiful' point we'll send you a commemorative buff pad with all our names on it and a picture of dick.

I don't have a real good prayer connection and I'm not sure how to lead a coffee toast but if it's possible to send best intentions long distances; brace for a bunch of good thoughts and strength from me. Keep a paper sack handy in case the first few batches make you woozy.

That commemorative buff pad will be sheepskin of course. Ditto what Legion said. Sending good vibes your way!! Barb

GRIZ 11-29-2012 12:33 PM

MIXIN' YOU A BATCH OF VOODOO MOJO:pot:gerg GET WELL KEV!!! DON'T MAKE ME COME UP THERE.:evil:eek1:evil

MotoMamma 11-29-2012 05:03 PM

Kevin

I just read this post, I had no Idea....fight hard and we will see you in Dawson!!

You and Annie hug each other for me!!!

Jeannie

HayDuchessLives 11-29-2012 08:27 PM

Ah phooey....

Quote:

Originally Posted by dapman (Post 20137673)
For those not following Facebook, it has come to pass that our close friend and fellow Gruver & Pterodactyl... D2D Logistics Coordinator and General SmartAss/Instigator has been going thru some health issues recently.... Remember, bald is beautiful..:lol3 You're in our thoughts and prayers dude!

This description of Kevin is so true. Iíve learned a lot about motorcycles and riding from my mentors, the two Geezers, and I learned a thing or two about becoming a ďGeneral SmartAss/InstigatorĒ from Kevin. I used to be sweet and charming until I met these three men, but then I had to develop smart-ass/instigative skills to try to counter some of the teasing my Delightful DR and I have received at their hands. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Alas, if it wasnít winter, my Delightful DR and I could make a special trip down to MT to spread good cheer and encouragement in person. Since my DR is well-known for helping other bikes run well, Iím sure her presence could help Kevinís health condition improve. Unfortunately I just bought studded tires for my bicycle so I canít afford studded tires for my motorcycle. Plus an ADVer invited me to a fun party I donít want to miss. (I have plausible excuses - Whew!) <o:p></o:p>
I think AlcanRider should be generous about sharing Maggie and put her on his borrowed motorcycle trailer and haul her down to Kevinís bedside so she can assist Annie in providing the proper care required to fight this terrible disease. (If the thought of my DR and Maggie visiting him doesnít prompt Kevin to get well ASAP, I donít know what else will work. :D ) <o:p></o:p>
Maybe we should chip in to buy KHuddy an illustrated book on how to properly enjoy retirement, as spending time in a hospital is NOT a pleasurable way to enjoy his golden years. :huh Actually, I know health issues can strike you down at any time and present unwelcome challenges; itís not a joking matter. But heck, if Kevin canít talk much, maybe Annie is enjoying some respite from his smart-ass remarks? :rofl<o:p></o:p>
Hey Barb Ė do you have a nice hi-vis headband for Kevin to wear to keep his bald head slightly warmer? Or maybe we could apply hi-vis duck tape on his head to provide additional insulation. I might reluctantly help with thatÖ. <o:p></o:p>
Kevin - get better soon! My two DRs and I will send healing thoughts your general direction. At least youíre not in Fairbanks, where itís super cold with high levels of particulate pollution. <o:p></o:p>

AKTroy 11-29-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legion (Post 20139768)

This is a big x2 Kevin. You two stay strong and be well!

akrider 11-29-2012 10:11 PM

Hang in there Kevin

Kevin you and Annie are in our prayers. Take doctors orders and beat the bastard.
Get well and meet us all in Dawson this year.....we miss you both.

beamertwin 11-29-2012 10:16 PM

Hope your treatment and recovery are successful and you are ready for clear roads this spring.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:53 PM.