ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Need a safe place i Aneheim, CA to stash my bike for 1 week (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=846397)

Rockasaurus 12-05-2012 05:27 PM

Need a safe place i Aneheim, CA to stash my bike for 1 week

Greetings all,

Prepping for a ride south. Will drive from SEA 12/21 and arrive Aneheim, CA area about Sunday, 12/23.

Depart on trip Saturday, 12/29.

Anybody have any ideass of a safe place to stash my bike for ~1week before the trip starts??

abhicles 12-05-2012 08:15 PM

My girlfriend's in Buena Park (right next to Anaheim). There's only street parking available, but it's in a gated community. If that interests you, let me know.

If all else fails, I can offer gated, covered parking at my place, but that's in Culver City. Might be too far to be worth it - but the offer stands if you can't find anything more convenient. Best of luck!

And most importantly...where are you planning on going?

mr. thumbs 12-05-2012 09:51 PM

You can stash it at my house in Orange. Only catch is that I'm leaving for a riding trip on the 27th or 28th. So it would be unattended for a day or two. But we can lock it in my back or side yard with my cable, lock and cover. It can be kept in the garage if you would like as well but Id have to move it out to the side before I leave. Take the key with you and just leave it when you come back for the bike. My area is very safe and I have nosy neighbors.

tbarstow 12-05-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. thumbs (Post 20188001)
You can stash it at my house in Orange. Only catch is that I'm leaving for a riding trip on the 27th or 28th. So it would be unattended for a day or two. But we can lock it in my back or side yard with my cable, lock and cover. It can be kept in the garage if you would like as well but Id have to move it out to the side before I leave. Take the key with you and just leave it when you come back for the bike. My area is very safe and I have nosy neighbors.

Park it in the ramp at John Wayne Airport. More security than you can shake a stick at!

gearheart 12-06-2012 12:24 AM

I am about 15 min west of Anaheim. You are welcome to keep your bike in our backyard. (behind a big locked gate) Let me know if interested. I am very close to the intersection of the 91 and the 605 freeways.

Mike Kern

villageidiot 12-06-2012 06:13 AM

I'm in fountain valley, can put your bike in the garage for a week no problem. About 10 miles from anaheim.

Let me know.

Rockasaurus 12-07-2012 10:19 AM

Thank you all

Villageidiot / Gearheart / Tbarstow / MrThumbs / Abhicles,

Thanx for all your inputs. :clap

Being an anal retentive engineer type, I'm chasing a dual path solution;

1: Villageidiot - I've PM'd and will try to call you again.
2: Checking other options like simply dropping it in a valet attended parking lot - some $$ but safe.

Oh - BTW - I'm hooking up with a group of guys to ride to Tierra del Fuego with Helge Pedersen / GlobeRiders. We depart 12/30 and end up in TdF about 3/29 - should be a fun ride.

EO

traveltoad 12-07-2012 10:48 AM

I am further north in Sun Valley (near Burbank)... the bike can stay in my warehouse if nothing else works out.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:33 AM.